The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

+9
Bluebird_ccfc
owen10ozzy
Kay Fabe
TheCultOfPersonality
Crimey
JamesLincs
hodge
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
13 posters

Go down

Raw Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Empty Raw Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 06 Aug 2013, 1:23 am

What an opening segment! Such a silly concept but I got really invested and marked out when he headbutted Barrett, still have no idea why he was out there though

Bryan looked uncannily like Sandow in corporate dress

The Beard is Here!!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Raw Discussion Thread (Spoilers) Empty Re: Raw Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 06 Aug 2013, 1:36 am

Well there goes the last interesting thing about Del Rio

Plus Road Warrior Rodriguez no sold the superkick

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Aug 2013, 1:55 am

The Beard Is Here #Believeinthebeard

Good heat move, people like Ricardo, although I agree he is now completely dull.

Another stellar job by Cody, good promo on Smackdown too. Yesterday I watched the nWo dvd and Cody is one of the people doing the straight to camera bits. Hes brilliant and I am so surprised it has taken them this long to let him run as a face.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:22 am

Kane Vs Wyatt in an Inferno match then?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:23 am

That was my first thought. Not a match I like usually but something about the mental Bray and fire seems intriguing, more for character than wrestling

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Aug 2013, 3:04 am

Lesnar's music hits, I mark out every time!

This feud is why Lesnar was brought back, this is gold!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 06 Aug 2013, 9:48 am

wweo doesnt have it up yet?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 06 Aug 2013, 9:55 am

JamesLincs wrote:wweo doesnt have it up yet?

No not yet

Last edited by Dr Gregory House MD on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misread ROH as Raw)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 06 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

How ridiculous was Stephanie McMahon's fake crying? Laugh 

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:30 pm

Loved when Brock Lesnar said, "Paul, say something stupid" backstage

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Aug 2013, 3:08 pm

Did anyone else get the irony of John Cenas promo calling DB unoriginal when his whole promo could have been a repeat of any feud he's had in the last 2 years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Aug 2013, 4:15 pm

I liked Cena's promo, in fact I thought the way he approached Daniel Bryan's past wrestling exploits and talked up competing on the top stage was pretty decent. 

Very good Raw that. Also, try watchwrestling.net over wweo

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 06 Aug 2013, 4:26 pm

Haha my exact though Kay-fabe, alongside well if people have been telling you you cant wrestle for all these years....why haven't you gone and learnt!!

Bryan is and always has been gold, loved the promo but sadly I just feel he is cannon fodder for the Superman train that is Cena. I said a few months ago that I just see WWE feeding 'over' people to him all year whilst he continually defends his belt successfully.

Ryback was over..Cena defeated him...Henry was over to a degree...Cena defeated him. I see the same thing with Bryan and then another filler for him before perhaps something with Punk. I fully expect him to also defeat Orton as and when he cashes in (given he lost when he cashed in I cant see WWE letting him lose a cash in).

Just don't see anything other than a 1 year title reign going into Mania. That would see him defeat Punk's reign and put another notch into his 'accomplishments'.

Sad thing is they could use this current feud to springboard the company back towards the height of the attitude era. I'm not always a fan of the re-hash storylines but this one has corporate all over it.

Tie in the Vince/HHH feud that is brewing and you have the major story for the next 6 months. We could see Vince and his vision of WWE against HHH and the future he sees. That could play out into all different things and really freshen up the product.

Cena could go heel and align with Vince as the key guy, whole host of muscular guys could join up. Ryback, Henry even Sheamus.

Then you would have the likes of Bryan, Punk, Christian etc align with HHH. Sure you catch my drift.

5 v 5 's for Survivor Series...huge heel turn somewhere in the set up for Cena....dodgy Royal Rumble moment..perhaps even throw Stone Cold in there somewhere along the line. It could brew and bubble culminating in a series of matches at Mania...

HHH vs McMahon for control of the company
Cena (heel) vs Taker (face) after Taker comes back to help in the feud.
SCSA vs Punk (Stone Cold doesn't even really need to align himself with Vince, just comes back and steers Punk away from that storyline by saying the new era HHH is trying to usher in couldn't hold a candle to the attitude era)

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Tue 06 Aug 2013, 4:45 pm

You gotta love Brock for his 'say something stupid' line.

To be fair it was a pretty good raw, decent buildup for summerslam which is what you need two weeks from the ppv.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 07 Aug 2013, 12:19 pm

Very good RAW indeed. Also, good to see The Shield back where they belong.....I wonder if they will be involved in the title match somehow, perhaps to try and stop DB winning?!

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:58 pm

Yeah maybe the shield are now working for Vince?

Summer Slam is shaping up to be a great PPV, it actually has potential to be the best ppv of the year so far. 

One superstar who i think is really impressing me is Big E Langston. Very impressed with his in rings skills, just needs to speak a bit more.

WWE very good atm. Until they screw it all up soon.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:33 pm

I thought for the last few weeks SummerSlam could be excellent, every feud has some major heat but I was hoping for Ziggler/Big E face off but it looks like thats going to be a mixed tag match which has been obvious for a week or 2 now which does nothing for Ziggler

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:37 pm

Oh, Cena said if he gets sacked tomorrow he wouldn't wrestle again but 2 years ago when Vince told him he'd sack him if he dropped the Title to a departing CM Punk Cena let it be known he'd just go out and find another company "Brother"

Surely the Paragon of Virtue shouldn't be so hypocritical to all his little Cena-ites

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 07 Aug 2013, 6:03 pm

To be fair, a lot has changed in two years. Perhaps after beating The Rock, getting divorced and being WWE Champion again he feels like he could retire happily?

I do think Summerslam is shaping up nicely and agree that it was good to see The Shield back with main event people again, they looked very strong and shows that when used correctly they can still be a major force. I wrote an angle weeks ago that The Shield could be used in the McMahon story to great effect and I still think this is the case.

The only problem is that we have seen them and Bryan fight so many times, it might be a bit boring to see them do it all again, it would need something fresh.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 07 Aug 2013, 11:55 pm

Brock is such a beast. That bell to belly on the outside to Punk was brutal. I see him beating Punk convincingly at Summerslam with the feud continuing, Punk getting closer every time eventually beating him. Maybe have Axel save Brock when Punks on the verge on victory further in the feud. Loved it when Brock said 'I'm the beast!', such a badass.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:00 am

Crimey wrote:To be fair, a lot has changed in two years. Perhaps after beating The Rock, getting divorced and being WWE Champion again he feels like he could retire happily?

I do think Summerslam is shaping up nicely and agree that it was good to see The Shield back with main event people again, they looked very strong and shows that when used correctly they can still be a major force. I wrote an angle weeks ago that The Shield could be used in the McMahon story to great effect and I still think this is the case.

The only problem is that we have seen them and Bryan fight so many times, it might be a bit boring to see them do it all again, it would need something fresh.

The key words there being Used Correctly

The Shield have been as dull as anything up until Monday, did we ever get a reason behind the Henry attack? Hopefully this gives them a bit of direction that they've sorely been lacking

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:47 am

I still expect them to face Henry and the Usos at Summerslam, despite this attack. What it does do is set up the possibility of them interfering in the main event.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:27 pm

The Shield have beaten the Uso's / Mark Henry twice now - on RAW and on Main Event this week; I think its done. Also, there was an explanation on why they attacked Henry on the WWE app' - I saw the video on deanambrose.net. It was a good explanation but the problem with the app' being that not everyone watches it and they have been speaking a lot of there recently.

I think they could well interfere in the main event or D Bryan will win and Vince will be that annoyed that he sends the boys to lay him out........then out comes RKO.....!

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:42 pm

Im hoping to see Randy Orton align himself with Vince. He doesn't want Cena to win, doesn't want Bryan to win, out comes Orton to win the WWE championship. I don't think the Shield will be involved in the title match, it was just a good way to get the Shield important again, im sure the rumoured Henry/Show vs Shield feud will happen.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:45 pm

True, that is also a good shout........Henry and Show? God nothing could be more boring than them two; The Shield do not deserve that....

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:04 pm

Looks like Bryan will go over Cena then Orton will cash in MITB and turn heel in the process.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down