The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Milos Raonic

3 posters

Go down

Congratulations Milos Raonic Empty Congratulations Milos Raonic

Post by MrInvisible Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:53 am

Now into the top 10 for first time in his career, and am I right in thinking the first Canadian to reach the top 10 in ATP (not counting adopted Brit Rusedski).  I still think there's a few weaknesses in his game but he seems to have a good temperament, and if he can avoid injury he ought to be able to match what Roddick achieved in his career with similar game built around a big serve.

I think he'll lose to Nadal in the final in Montreal, but he ought to do well with his improved ranking enabling him to avoid top 4 in early rounds.

Last edited by MrInvisible on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tournament is Montreal not Toronto)

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Milos Raonic Empty Re: Congratulations Milos Raonic

Post by Born Slippy Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:35 am

Dreadful player and going backwards. Lucky run this week but needs to make massive improvements to have any chance of staying top 10. Not yet clear what improvements Ljubo is making for him. Pospisil looks like he could be the real future for Canadian tennis.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom_____ Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:48 am

MrInvisible wrote:Now into the top 10 for first time in his career, and am I right in thinking the first Canadian to reach the top 10 in ATP (not counting adopted Brit Rusedski).  I still think there's a few weaknesses in his game but he seems to have a good temperament, and if he can avoid injury he ought to be able to match what Roddick achieved in his career with similar game built around a big serve.

I think he'll lose to Nadal in the final in Montreal, but he ought to do well with his improved ranking enabling him to avoid top 4 in early rounds.

I like the guy, but surely he needs to make top 8 to change when he meets the top four? - i.e. 9-16 rank makes no difference to draw level

Tom_____

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down