The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twittering

+8
navyblueshorts
kwinigolfer
MustPuttBetter
Bob_the_Job
McLaren
JAS
super_realist
Diggers
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Twittering Empty Twittering

Post by Diggers Tue 13 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

Looks like our own Lee Westwood has joined the long list of people to fall foul of this medium. I can understand his frustration about being asked about why he's failed again...though he does keep beginning on about not caring about whether he plays a bad round or not now, though not quite sure how he is trying to convince there really.....but how you can use a social media site and then have a go at people sitting behind a computer keyboard ??? Come on Lee, get a grip.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Twittering Empty Re: Twittering

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:02 am

Chicken and egg.

Who's the fool, the person who makes the tweets or the people who "follow" people.

I don't get "social" media at all.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:09 am

I can't think of anyone on here who uses Twitter who would tweet negative wind up type stuff....oh wait...Mac what were you up to last night??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:25 am

To be fair Jas, Westwood cant expect it to be all jolly back slapping stuff. That's like him saying I'm on here to talk about what I want, its a one way dialogue and if I'm not happy then I'm going to throw my toys, which is basically what he did.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:27 am

I suppose it's better for him to say something, than have a back room team doing the twittering pretending to be someone, like Baldy Nine Chins does with "his" twitter.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:36 am

super_realist wrote:I suppose it's better for him to say something, than have a back room team doing the twittering pretending to be someone, like Baldy Nine Chins does with "his" twitter.
for someone who doesn't get social media you seem to get quite a lot about social media.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:39 am

I did have a quick look at yours Jeremy.

What is it with you and cats?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 13 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

"Social media" allows and even encourages people to make comments (and in a manner) that they's never dream of doing in real life. I don't believe there are that many people who would walk up to Lee and say some of the things they say on Twitter. But by the same token, I wouldn't expect Lee to say some of the things he said in real life either.

You even see it on this board. There are a lot of people who are a lot more outspoken, brave and in some cases thoughtless and careless with their words than I would think (and hope) they are IRL.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm

I think it was the 'keyboard warriors' he was having a go at. The types who like to abuse people from behind a keyboard rather than everyone behind a keyboard.

But i do agree that anyone in his position (or any position for that matter) must accept that it's not all going to be 'oh lee i love you' and you decide how you're going to deal with that before getting involved in something like Twitter. Sensible answer, ignore it.

To be fair, he did seem sh*t faced! and we've all done things we shouldn't after a few beers. He's apologise. No real harm done i guess
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm

Even when he was posting on 606 lw1 was prone to having a go if encountering criticism; don't know how many times he's said he's closing his sm accounts.

Poulter has said much the same sort of things to wummers as Lee did, then usually says he's not posting for a spell.

The guys that like to dish it out, albeit in good nature, seem to have a tough time accepting the backlash.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:16 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:I think it was the 'keyboard warriors' he was having a go at. The types who like to abuse people from behind a keyboard rather than everyone behind a keyboard.

But i do agree that anyone in his position (or any position for that matter) must accept that it's not all going to be 'oh lee i love you' and you decide how you're going to deal with that before getting involved in something like Twitter. Sensible answer, ignore it.

To be fair, he did seem sh*t faced! and we've all done things we shouldn't after a few beers. He's apologise. No real harm done i guess
I promise to call you a tatty muncher if we ever meet. Run Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:20 pm

I don't get it but fill your boots. I'm not Irish so probably won't even realise you're talking to me!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:23 pm

Sorry MPB, was meant for BobtheJob.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:24 pm

OK 
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:27 pm

i think bob is british super.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:30 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote: "Social media" allows and even encourages people to make comments (and in a manner) that they's never dream of doing in real life.  I don't believe there are that many people who would walk up to Lee and say some of the things they say on Twitter.  But by the same token, I wouldn't expect Lee to say some of the things he said in real life either.  

You even see it on this board.  There are a lot of people who are a lot more outspoken, brave and in some cases thoughtless and careless with their words than I would think (and hope) they are IRL.
Spot on.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:30 pm

McLaren wrote:i think bob is british super.
NI I think Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

It's hard to blame lw1 for all the cr@p he was getting .. I just think he was naive as he should have known the media would build up this non-story

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm

navy, can anything be done about the continued use of the term "tatty muncher" on this forum? I just don't think its appropriate, perhaps you could look into having it added to the swear filter
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:56 pm

incontinentia wrote:navy, can anything be done about the continued use of the term "tatty muncher" on this forum? I just don't think its appropriate, perhaps you could look into having it added to the swear filter
Seriously??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:58 pm

incontinentia wrote:navy, can anything be done about the continued use of the term "tatty muncher" on this forum? I just don't think its appropriate, perhaps you could look into having it added to the swear filter
Even I don't care about the Irish receiving mockery.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:59 pm

You are McLaren in disguise and ICMFP

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm

DOn't be ridiculous Inco, If I recall correctly you complained to the BBC about the term "luck of the irish".

Talk about over-reaction. I'll call you a knee cap smasher if you prefer? Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:03 pm

picard
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:09 pm

JAS wrote:
Seriously??
Yes, seriously.

McLaren wrote:Even I don't care about the Irish receiving mockery.
Well, perhaps you should. I find it laughable that you think this is fine when you can't wait to get on your hobby horse re. some of your pet issues. If you can't be consistent, why bother at all?

Just so it's clear, can people please stop using language which someone explicitly finds offensive? It's patently meant as a derogatory term so quit it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:11 pm

Incon, I won't join in the fun as you clearly are oversensitive (or are having a wind up yourself) but your statement basically says to the average forum user...

"Hi all....I'm Irish but I'm very sensitive about my country's history/heritage and I think it would be great therapy for me if you all abused me senseless about it. The more offensive you get the more unstable I'll become"

Call it playground stuff but basically that's the signal you're sending out.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:16 pm

Pretty sure he's just pretending he finds it "offensive".

It's impossible to be insulted by something so trivial and disconnected from him.

Last edited by super_realist on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:16 pm

Did you know that copper wire was invented by 2 Jocks fighting over a penny?

A joke based on the unfounded stereotypical myth that Scots are tight. As a generous Jock, do I find it offensive....no not in the slightest.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:18 pm

JAS wrote:Did you know that copper wire was invented by 2 Jocks fighting over a penny?

A joke based on the unfounded stereotypical myth that Scots are tight. As a generous Jock, do I find it offensive....no not in the slightest.
Ha ha. LIke it.

Did you hear about the Scotsman who dropped a penny? It hit him in the back of the head.

Please stop this offensive material.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm

Of course we have to factor in people's feelings but come on?! All forms of humour are at someone's expense.
We would have a very unappealing forum indeed if there was no joking at all
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm

There's something quite refreshing and liberating in being able to laugh at yourself and your world. You should try it some time Incon Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:Did you know that copper wire was invented by 2 Jocks fighting over a penny?

Ha ha. LIke it.

Did you hear about the Scotsman who dropped a penny? It hit him in the back of the head.

Please stop this offensive material.
Or if we really want to poke fun at ourselves....the biggest joke of the lot....

Scottish Football!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm

I'm all for banning the phrase tatty muncher. Surely we should do anything we can to help Inco reduce his excessive consumption of starchy tuberous crops originating from the Andes.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm

Exactly, JAS, I actually can't think of anything someone could say to me which would offend me.
Hiding behind fake offence is rather silly

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:34 pm

You think the Oirish are touchy in here? You should try tackling the Welshies in the rugby forum some time!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:35 pm

I wonder what the answer would be if someone asked Sergio if he'd made his peace with Harrington?...."Yeah sure we're fine now infact I'd be happy to invite him round and cook him some T***ies!!"

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:37 pm

Lol JAS .. it's always feast or famine around this forum 

(I'll burn in hell for that comment I'm sure)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm

super_realist wrote:Sorry MPB, was meant for BobtheJob.
These's that rapier sharp intelligence we love Wink
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm

I think I'm getting this now....Sergio could ask Harrington round for Fried Chicken and Tiger round for Tatties and in the PC world we live in that would be OK. If he got them mixed up however then blimey he could be thrown off tour and lose all his sponsors.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm

Davie wrote:Lol JAS .. it's always feast or famine around this forum 

Tut tut Davie....one of those f words is fine...using the other will indeed surely see you burn in hell Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:44 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:i think bob is british super.
NI I think Mac.
Definitely NI, which as I went to length to point out HERE can make it complicated.

As for people who get upset for real when the pee gets taken out of them or their nationality... really? That's all you've got going on? That's what you decide to take offence at? Each to their own!
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:45 pm

JAS wrote:I think I'm getting this now....Sergio could ask Harrington round for Fried Chicken and Tiger round for Tatties and in the PC world we live in that would be OK. If he got them mixed up however then blimey he could be thrown off tour and lose all his sponsors.
Or VJ for venison.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:48 pm

JAS wrote:
Davie wrote:Lol JAS .. it's always feast or famine around this forum 

Tut tut Davie....one of those f words is fine...using the other will indeed surely see you burn in hell Wink
Indeed.  Feast is a trademark of the Walls ice cream company.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:48 pm

jas

Not sure how much we need to rehash this but I am more than happy to go over it with you again if there are some things you don't understand.

1. It was not a misunderstanding from sergio but a calculated choice of words.

2. Using fried chicken remarks as a form of racism is well known and to claim otherwise is ignorance. Ignorance is never an accuse.

3. Super realist using tatty muncher in the way he does clearly causes nowhere near as much distress as any form of racism.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

Id like to officially complain that my comment has gone off topic. I'm grossly offended.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:51 pm

JAS wrote:There's something quite refreshing and liberating in being able to laugh at yourself and your world. You should try it some time Incon Wink
I can laugh at myself but I have a hard time laughing at my ancestors who died of starvation
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:52 pm

Digs please could you not use the term 'grossly'. I have been described as gross before and you bringing it up offends me
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:53 pm

JAS wrote:
What's stereotypical or unfounded about scotches being tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm. I think you'll find, sir, that is the literal truth.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:54 pm

incontinentia wrote:
JAS wrote:There's something quite refreshing and liberating in being able to laugh at yourself and your world. You should try it some time Incon ;)
I can laugh at myself but I have a hard time laughing at my ancestors who died of starvation
But it was god's plan, how can you view that in a negative light. Embrace the tatty muncher comments as celebrations of gods work.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:57 pm

OK. Game over.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content