The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will Win The AFC North?

+11
CFCNick
Forward Pass
Colan (niner)
Number-25
crazy_dave23
mikeygnfl
Leedscowboys
NYJ
TM Moot
sodhat
Derbyblue
15 posters

Go down

Who Will Win The AFC North?

Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_lcap5%Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_lcap95%Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_rcap 95% 
[ 19 ]
Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_lcap0%Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_lcap0%Who Will Win The AFC North? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Who Will Win The AFC North? Empty Who Will Win The AFC North?

Post by Derbyblue Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:03 am

They're finally back (sorry about that) as simply as always pick who you think will Win The division this coming season.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Who Will Win The AFC North? Empty Re: Who Will Win The AFC North?

Post by sodhat Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:10 am

It's a tricky call as ever this year.

The Steelers are re-tooling offensively and their defence is getting older, while still being very good. The Ravens have a fair bit of turnover on their roster and their MVP QB is scratching around for targets a little bit. The Browns are getting better but will still live and die by QB play which has to get better, althogh a healthy Richardson would alleviate some of that pressure.

I'll go with the Bengals to take the division though. They are a strong all round unit, with maybe a slight doubt that Dalton can improve enough to take them to the next level.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:33 am

anyone but the Browns i reckon...

think the bengals have a great chance off breaking the steeler/raven duopoly this season

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Thu 15 Aug 2013, 6:55 am

Bengals. I reckon they will have the number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC. The offense has greatly improved with the additions of Eifert and Bernard's talent and flexibility. AJ Green will continue to dominate and I like second year receivers Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones. Their DL is phenomenal and will get a lot of sacks as the opposing team has to throw the ball to keep up.

I also like the Browns. They have everything but the QB.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:18 am

1 Bengals
2 Ravens
3 Browns
4 Steelers
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 15 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

The vote seems decisive. The Bengals are a growing, young, hungry team whereas the Ravens and Steelers are both aging. No doubt the Ravens will be competitive. The Steelers seem to be better prepared for the future that Baltimore though. Not ruling the Browns out either. They weren't as bad as people think they were last year and ran a few teams closer than their overall record suggests.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

I didn't look at any comments and said to myself "lets be decisive... this is the year for Cincy"... and everyone agrees so far!
I like Dalton as a game manager plus a little bit... AJ Green can dominate games and they get on well. I think Gresham will improve, Eifert I guess will complement him though remains unknown to me.
I like Giovanni Bernard and Margus Hunt as their other early draft picks and their DLine in general is very strong.

I think Baltimore has lost too much since last year and I still don't believe Flacco can pull them through despite his "franchise" status - Boldin will be a big miss, as will Pitta.
Still a playoff team, but taking maybe the 6th seed.

Pittsburgh is just a little too old. I know I said this last year and their D was number 1 in terms of yardage, but its +1 again and it will hit them. I don't think their run game can sustain them which is what they really need to make their team work.
I think they might struggle to get over .500

Cleveland will improve this year due to the defence mainly, but I can't see them getting more than say 7 wins so the division is out of reach. I like the coordinators that they have brought in - Norv suits O-Coordinater better than HC and Ray Horton always did neat things in Arizona.
Josh Gordon is not helping himself with his attitude, but I still think Greg Little can do job for them.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:53 pm

I've gone Bengals too although had to talk myself out of going for Baltimore first. You have to respect the defending champions but in the end i just had too many doubts about the huge roster turnover and the loss the effect of losing the emotional heart of their team in Ray Lewis.

Went for the Bengals cos they're a good team who have a lot of continuity and should be better this year than last. Still not 100% sold on Dalton though.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:57 pm

I reckon the Ravens will hold strong

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:12 pm

I've gone Bengals
Against two great franchises but
Ravens depleted .Steelers rebuilding
Bengals on the way up ,might go a long way in the play offs as well
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:15 pm

I'm backing Cincy.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:15 pm

Let's not forget the Ravens weren't that great last season. They sneaked the division title after a freakish play from Ray Rice on 4th and 29 took them to 9-2. After that, they lost 4 of their last 5. They got to the play offs, Flacco caught fire and the rest is history.

Their roster is unquestionably weaker than last year and they have lost Reed and Lewis. Torrey Smith needs to develop into a more well rounded receiver and not just a deep threat. The defense has lost key players but also have the severely underrated Ladarius Webb back. I think they'll miss out on the play offs.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney92 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:10 pm

I was between the Ravens and Bengals. Rice and Pierce should keep the Ravens in contention but I would love the Bengals to go far this year.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 15 Aug 2013, 6:48 pm

Looking forward to seeing how Mohamed Sanu goes this year for the Bengals. He had some good performances for them towards the end of last season before getting injured.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:19 pm

I've also gone for Cincy, love their defence, and in the regular season Dalton is good enough to lead them to the division win.

Don't think Flacco is elite, and I can see Baltimore struggling offensively this year through the air (Ray Rice is still a beast)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:54 am

I've gone for the Bengals, but wouldn't surprise me if the Ravens hold strong. Flacco will surely be on a high after last season, and Newsome might unearth a gem at WR to complement Torrey Smith.

Bengals have all the pieces to win, even if Dalton is merely a game manager. If he can push on, with the offence around him and the strong D, they should be competing for the top 2 seeds for the playoffs

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:41 am

sodhat wrote:It's a tricky call as ever this year.
Seems pretty conclusive... Smile 

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 21 Aug 2013, 3:32 pm

As much as I would love to say Cleveland will be in for the running I know realistically we're not, also see Pittsburgh being out of the running this year.

Leaves it down to Baltimore and Cincinnati, seems fairly hard to call which of those wins it but I think ultimately I don't see Baltimore being able to recover from their losses this offseason not only that they've lost some great players and legends of the game and franchise but what they bring outside of their playing ability. Don't think Dalton is a great quarterback but Green is a great receiver, hoping to see more from Sanu and Hawkins to complement him then they've got Gresham, Eifert and Charles at TE and with Green-Ellis and Bernard at RB this offense should be (annoyingly) exciting.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 21 Aug 2013, 5:35 pm

Damn, Orson Charles. I loved him coming out of college.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Fri 04 Oct 2013, 6:05 am

TM Moot wrote:anyone but the Browns i reckon...
i don't know what muppet said this... Rolling Eyes 

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down