The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Fight Night 26

2 posters

Go down

UFC Fight Night 26 Empty UFC Fight Night 26

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

What a great card this was, one of the few that I new at least half the guys or more & I actually watched all but 2 fights. From the opening fight to the headline nothing disappointed, all decent fights with some great finishes and a couple of upsets.

Sonnen subbing & beating Rua was a surprise from what I'd read as was Brown ko'ing Overeem. James Vick had a good sub win over Ramsey Nijem his size I think was a big aspect. Brandao vs Pineda was a great fight, back & forth but both seemed to gas. First time I'd seen Connor McGregor, exciting fighter, very confident and good to see a guy from a stand up background. As always Urijah Faber was in a good fight, not really a favorite fighter for me, its the same every fight, overhand right, go for a take down then g'n'p or maybe a guillotine, still he comes to fight puts on a show and mostly gets the win. A good example to Brandao & Pineda when it comes to conditioning the guy is a machine.

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight Night 26 Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 26

Post by BROCK'S BEEF JERKY Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm

Yeah it was a great card, had a bit of everything from upsets, quick KO's to wars. McGregor was impressive and just kept the pressure on Holloway and didn't let him settle. I'm not overly keen on Faber myself either, and when Alcantara began their fight throwing him and getting straight into full mount I thought we might have a different fight than expected, it didn't last. The Pickett vs. McDonald fight was an absolute war, Pickett took so many clean shots to the head in that first round it was crazy that he was still in the fight only to be sub'd in the second, McDonald really showed his talent there and will be back in contention in that division soon. Once we know what's happening with Dominic Cruz that division can move on.

BROCK'S BEEF JERKY

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:26 pm

Just watched this.
Very good.
Glad Sonnen won.
McGregor looks very good indeed.
Matt Brown is an animal.
Thought Lauzon would have won, surprise for me.

Good card all in all.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down