The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lomachenko Fights Oquendo On His Pro Debut 12 October

5 posters

Go down

Lomachenko Fights Oquendo On His Pro Debut 12 October Empty Lomachenko Fights Oquendo On His Pro Debut 12 October

Post by Strongback Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:00 am

Dan Rafael posted this up on Twitter this evening.

Pro debut for @LomachenkoVasyl is all set. Going right into deep water vs. Jonathan Oquendo in 10-rounder 10/12 on @HBOboxing PPV card.

Talking about hype trains, this is going to be off the scale.  Good opponent for a first pro fight.  He's not messing around and seems not to be afraid of the spotlight.  Pretty awesome offensive fighter so it should be a good journey.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Lomachenko Fights Oquendo On His Pro Debut 12 October Empty Re: Lomachenko Fights Oquendo On His Pro Debut 12 October

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:21 am

Good first fight for Lomachenko, but a task most would expect him to have little trouble

He had a pretty fun style as a amateur so should be fun as a pro, just to see how he fares over the 10 round distance and how powerful he is with 8oz gloves. Oquendo should get to his chin also at least once so it'll be a nice yard stick

Given the dross Shimming has been fed then this is very impressive

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Lomachenko Fights Oquendo On His Pro Debut 12 October Empty Re: Lomachenko Fights Oquendo On His Pro Debut 12 October

Post by bhb001 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:42 am

Tough fight for a rookie!! Ten rounder against a proven opponent who has only lost 3 fights in over 20. I think Oquendo is moving up a weight, but, even so, this is a strange fight. I'll look forward to it!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:57 am

Nothing wrong with this as a professional debut!

As Strongy says, the hype for this is going to be big, but it could be a double-edged sword and all of Lomachenko's amateur baubles don't guarantee him looking great here, considering how good an opening opponent this is. If he looks less than sparkling the naysayers will be lining up just as quickly as the fan boys.

But anyway, I'm expecting Lomachenko to win and put on a decent show in doing so. Will be very interesting to see how his early career develops.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:02 am

Has said he wants to become World Champ in record time, beating Fenech for starts (which was 5 or 6 fights, right?).

Cannot wait for this, more excited about this debute than any I can remember in my lifetime!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down