The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed?

+8
kiakahaaotearoa
yappysnap
LondonTiger
alanmackie6
GloriousEmpire
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
blackcanelion
12 posters

Go down

Do the All Blacks get favourable treatment

Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_lcap50%Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]
Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_lcap0%Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_lcap0%Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_lcap14%Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_lcap14%Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_lcap21%Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Empty Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed?

Post by blackcanelion Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:32 am

Mark Reasons Sydney Morning Herald article suggesting that the AB's get favorable writeups from the media and treatment from officials: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/in-the-land-of-the-long-white-cloud-the-all-blacks-mistakes-get-airbrushed-from-history-20130828-2soya.html.

What do you think?

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Empty Re: Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:44 am

I think Mark Reason is a fricken idiot and I can't believe Stuff.co.nz humour him. Still, it's good to be pegged back a bit every now and then.

Back to top Go down

Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed? Empty Re: Do the All Blacks mistakes get airbrushed?

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:40 am

Reason is a Muppet, but we all know that there are a number of issues that need to be addressed, but I was impressed with the comment...

"Even McCaw can't come back from a sabbatical and play like Michael Jones"

Reason has exceeded himself with that one.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:45 am

But, what really makes me laugh about this joker is his name, it's just too ironic, right? Am I allowed to boo him, please let me boo him..boooo Mark Reason, you suck balls!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 am

Laurie, how does it work? When McCaw dominates he's cheating and when an opposing 7 gets a turnover McCaw is being dominated, is that the reasoning?

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:08 am

No thats not Reason, thats Reason using reasonable suspicion which carries a lower burden of proof than probable cause.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:56 am

ebop wrote:Laurie, how does it work? When McCaw dominates he's cheating and when an opposing 7 gets a turnover McCaw is being dominated, is that the reasoning?
I think it works like this...

Step one: Those who like McCaw go to group one on the left
Step two: Those who hate McCaw go to group two on the right

Instructions for group one:

Using your obviously superior intellect and vast knowledge of all things rugby, discuss the merits of whether McCaw is the greatest player of all time, not forgetting to include Michael Jones in the discussion at least twice every 2-3 minutes to keep the conversation at optimum levels.

Instructions for group two:

Sit in the corner and yell CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT...spit a few times and pull each others hair out each time McCaw makes a tackle or overturns the ball.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:04 am

Ah, so there's no middle ground Tman? i.e., McCaw is the greatest of all time, some say better than Jones, and is so great because of his ability to successfully bend the rules in his favour, almost to the point of cheating, almost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:40 am

you got it ebop...2 groups...one or the other...must be a bit slow toady...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 am

The agitation level of Mark Reason is a more accurate guide to All Blacks form than the IRB rankings.

Remember when he went supernova in 2005 and the IGNS containment team had to be called out to decontaminate the surrounding area?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by alanmackie6 Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:59 am

ALL teams make mistakes,IF you win who cares but the Coach,he will then look to fix the
mistakes.AB`s give away to many intercept tries that`s a mistake they play a high risk game
if they win it`s glossed over.Lose?comparing McCaw to Michael Jones,Kronfeld,Nathan ,Kirkpatrick.Tremain is invidious they all played under different laws
and in different eras.McCaw 2011 on one leg equalled any 7 in the World,2012was THE best
player in the world in any position.This year to date has put in two very solid performances
after 6 months out.Mark Reason like his Father John is a stirrer,John was an excellent but
very one eyed Journo.His son is in the Stephen Jones class draw your own con clusions.
Incidentally Kel Tremain was THE best 7 ever and I`ve seen them ALL!!!Yahoo Whistle OK 

alanmackie6

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 am

All? You have a time machine?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:15 am

I voted zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mainly because I am bored with this desperate need some people have to portray themselves as victims.

NZ are comfortably the best team in the world - yet still you look for reasons to whine and moan. Enjoy it and laugh at the detractors.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by alanmackie6 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 am

No just a senile old man and BillClark wasn't so dusty 1953-6,12 stone ringing wet and played like Hennie Muller.Hennie who?google him oh ignorant ones.

alanmackie6

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:35 am

I was interested in Reasons comments on cards. For the record:
France (1 card /6 games)* and Ireland (1/4.5) are the least carded, South Africa, Italy and Argentina (all about 1/2) are the most. There's probably an interesting story on yellow and red cards. Can't see the media reporting it though.

* Info from scrum.com

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 am

LondonTiger wrote:I voted zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mainly because I am bored with this desperate need some people have to portray themselves as victims.

NZ are comfortably the best team in the world - yet still you look for reasons to whine and moan. Enjoy it and laugh at the detractors.
+1
If England were the best team in the world I wouldn't moan...Wink 

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:04 am

I thought we were laughing...

Laugh See I still am. Very Happy 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 am

Kiwis will moan at funerals

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am

Does Nonu's right eyebrow get airbrushed?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:03 am

Reason is one of those who write provocative articles to get a response from readers.
He's a lot like GG/Glorious Empire, except he's against the ABs

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:13 pm

dallym wrote:Reason is one of those who write provocative articles to get a response from readers.
He's a lot like GG/Glorious Empire, except he's against the ABs
He also gets paid for what he does whereas GE is just a sad case with too much time on his hands.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:10 pm

The mistakes do not get air-brushed, in fact everything wrong and against the rules they do just gets ignored, especially by referees and New Zealanders.Whistle 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:13 pm

You're confusing Welsh achievements LD. Hug 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:21 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:You're confusing Welsh achievements LD. Hug 
How very dare you. Erm 

I have not confused anything, tell me where I said us Welshies were not like that as well.Whistle 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Sorry I got confused by your hallucinogenic username LCD. zen 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:44 am

LordDowlais wrote:The mistakes do not get air-brushed, in fact everything wrong and against the rules they do just gets ignored, especially by referees and New Zealanders.Whistle 
The good thing is that this is balanced off by the full and deep commenting on everything bad NZ does by the opposition fans and coach. So in a karmic kind of way all is good.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:12 am

Should the ABs wear bags of sand around their ankles? Sounds like the kind of penalty some are really wanting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down