The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many wrestling events have you been to?

+9
Liam
The Best in the World
JCmag82
crippledtart
MIG
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
NickisBHAFC
hbk48942
13 posters

Go down

How many wrestling events have you been to? Empty How many wrestling events have you been to?

Post by hbk48942 Thu 29 Aug 2013, 8:50 pm

i have been to a couple , one in 2005 in Manchester where Kurt Angle , JBL and John Cena were in the main event. , one in 2006 where 3 days before Lashley moved to ECW and was in his final smackdown show , one in 2007 where Triple H teamed with Jericho vs Umaga and someone else cant remember who and one in 2008 where Shawn Michaels took on Chris Jericho in a falls count anywhere match.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

How many wrestling events have you been to? Empty Re: How many wrestling events have you been to?

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:37 pm

None. I keep saying every year ill go to Raw at O2 arena, but im always put off by the prices.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

How many wrestling events have you been to? Empty Re: How many wrestling events have you been to?

Post by Adam D Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:41 pm

I have been to one WWE house show in 2003 (had stone cold at it) TNA this year and pro wrestling elite. 

I would rank TNA as the best followed by pwe with WWE last.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:46 pm

I've been to 4. TNA ranks lowest, but its hardly a fair comparison considering.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:53 pm

I've been to several, probably about 7-10. Quite a few Raws and Smackdowns and a house show. Couldn't name when they were but I was at that Raw when Cena and HBK had an hour long match that was pretty epic.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:06 pm

Not many. Three WWE events (although two were on consecutive nights), one TNA, a short-lived promotion called WWA that had a main event of Scott Steiner vs a pre-WWE Nathan Jones (hence why it was short-lived), and a couple of tiny indy shows when I was a kid.

I'm not that bothered about seeing live wrestling, weirdly. It was a huge thing to go to WM29 this year and the following night's Raw, but I'm happy with that for a while.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:27 pm

I went to TNA's first show in the UK in Liverpool and it was great. Was at an old style theatre and felt close to what I feel, ECW in the hammerstein ballroom would be like. Bigger than local indy shows but still small enough to not feel lost and have to watch big screens

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:58 pm

I've been to 3: a RAW house show in 2009 with Cena/Jericho and DX/Legacy as co-main events, RAW at the O2 in April 2011 with Orton/Punk in a WM rematch as main event and RAW at the O2 in 2012, with Cena/Tensai as main event

enjoyed all three if I'm honest
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:06 pm

In many ways, I enjoy watching big PPVs on the big screen at Rileys over a Raw in the O2. If Axxess counts I also saw some matches with Paige and El Generico at Axxess. 

I'm definitely eager to go out to America for WrestleMania again, although I cant justify the money for a trip to New Orleans and no one really wants to go with me anyway as the place doesnt have the same attraction as New York did. 

If I dont do another Mania, I may do a Rumble or SummerSlam. If I can get one somewhere thats worth visiting too, then its more likely.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:19 pm

I went to Rebellion in 2001, at the MEN, where it was The Rock vs Austin for the WWF title, Christian vs Edge in a cage, and i remember Kurt Angle coming out. Was a while ago but i'll never forget it.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:32 am

Been to 2 so far, both SWE events

The first one, Cupar Carnage, I went along with my pal as she used to work with one of the wrestlers and was taking her kids, I wasn't impressed at all tbh, was in the cramped hall of a college, there were a few wrestlers pulling double duty, many of whom weren't overly impressive and the crowd (mainly kids) were dead, it says something when the home town guy runs in at the end of the main event and does a swerve heel turn, to no reaction

Despite my first impression, I decided to give it another shot, at Hell for Lycra X, mainly because I'm a big fan of Grado who was booked as an outside act, and I'm glad I went, it was great great fun

Hope to see more in the future, would love to go see an ICW show at some stage as the crowds look amazing on youtube, just proved a bit of a pain to get down to Glasgow.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 30 Aug 2013, 4:03 am

Careful if you go to ICW, they do teabagging there.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:24 am

Why do you the I want to go?xxx

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by SCSW Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:19 pm

I've been to a few live events; I've seen D-'Lo Brown drop an Indy belt to a young tyro in a leisure center in Horwich, Lancashire. I've seen ECW, RAW and Smackdown at both the O2 Arena and Manchester (securing 4th row seats for the latter) and I flew to Phoenix to catch Cyber Sunday 2008 for my birthday (I think Stone Cold was the special guest referee in a match with Jericho and Benoit; Stunners all round)! Yahoo

SCSW

Back to top Go down

Post by hbk48942 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:19 pm

i think i saw Matt Hardy vs Evan Bourne live once.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:34 pm

1 WWE event main evented by punk vs undertaker in a casket match in Nottingham and too many to count UK company events. It's over a 100 waw shows since 2001 I have done then some 1pw, rqw and ipw/ rev pro shows aswell

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm

Oh and a dragongate show

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:35 am

I had known you had been to those 3 events before you posted this thread...

ghost 

Everybody else... do not slag him he's my spaz

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by hbk48942 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:02 pm

RinoGattuso wrote:I had known you had been to those 3 events before you posted this thread...

ghost 

it is not a crime to post on other forums.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:17 pm

hbk48942 wrote:
RinoGattuso wrote:I had known you had been to those 3 events before you posted this thread...

ghost 

Not strictly true, I've been told if I don't stop posting on U-16 forums I'm going to jail

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by hbk48942 Thu 26 Sep 2013, 6:34 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
hbk48942 wrote:

ghost 

Not strictly true, I've been told if I don't stop posting on U-16 forurms I'm going to jail
right ok.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down