The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Longest you have ever played video games for?

+7
Pr4wn
sodhat
SirJohnnyEnglish
ScarletSpiderman
Fists of Fury
Galted
hbk48942
11 posters

Go down

Longest you have ever played video games for?  Empty Longest you have ever played video games for?

Post by hbk48942 Thu Aug 29 2013, 22:45

i thought of this thread after reading the story on another forum about a kid who played X Box for 4 days straight so i was just wondering what is the longest you have ever played on a video game for?

the longest i have played on is for a couple of hours when i am trying to get a lot of the game completed on say LMA manager i used to play that for hours with my mate.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Longest you have ever played video games for?  Empty Re: Longest you have ever played video games for?

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:52

When I first got Age of Empires 2 in the late 90s/early 00s I avoided going to the pub after work to have a good session of destroying civilisations. I started at about half six and, after playing for a while, figured I'd better get to the offie for beer & fags before it shut, then realised that it was about four in the morning. Don't know how long I played in total but the entire weekend was spent playing apart from the odd break for sleep.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Longest you have ever played video games for?  Empty Re: Longest you have ever played video games for?

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Aug 30 2013, 10:09

What a truly brilliant game though, Galted.

One of my very favourites. Like you, I was utterly immersed in the game, in fetching resources (used to love that your villagers shot deer with their bows and arrows).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 30 2013, 10:13

Was brilliant Fists, used to get a rush just hearing the music on the main screen. Pretty much killed gaming for me, nothing since has lived up to it despite how amazing graphics are nowadays.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Aug 30 2013, 11:51

When I was 16 I worked a the local theme pack, and my folks were on holiday, I go home at 11pm, put on Spiderman 2 -Enter Electro, on the PS1, and then turned it off at 9am when I had to return to work. Needless to say I was dead on my feet by the time I got home again at 11pm the following night.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri Aug 30 2013, 12:52

I broug Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 second hand only problem was it wouldn't save. So ended playing the game from start to finish across one weekend! To be 14 again!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:11

I've always been good with video games, when my eyes start to hurt I switch them off. I did however have a game of D&D that lasted from 7pm on a Friday night to 2am on the Monday morning, with nothing more than a couple of 30min cat naps while my character was off doing something.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:39

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:I broug Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 second hand only problem was it wouldn't save. So ended playing the game from start to finish across one weekend! To be 14 again!
I bet Psycho Mantis called you 'reckless' when you faced him!
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02 2013, 12:45

Galted wrote:Was brilliant Fists, used to get a rush just hearing the music on the main screen.  Pretty much killed gaming for me, nothing since has lived up to it despite how amazing graphics are nowadays.
I still play it! It's not lost any of its charm.

I always have maps with loads of water so I can be Vikings and build the unbeatable long boats.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 02 2013, 13:53

sodhat wrote:
Galted wrote:Was brilliant Fists, used to get a rush just hearing the music on the main screen.  Pretty much killed gaming for me, nothing since has lived up to it despite how amazing graphics are nowadays.
I still play it! It's not lost any of its charm.

I always have maps with loads of water so I can be Vikings and build the unbeatable long boats.
Might have to dig it out and have a nostalgia high.  I used to use landmaps and have an army of Britons - a combination of archers, cavalry and trebuchets with a few priests for healing purposes and I was unstoppable.

The original AOE & AOE3 were quite good as well as Age of Mythology but for addictiveness and sheer enjoyment couldn't touch the 2nd one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon Sep 02 2013, 15:54

The car cheat was awesome. And the gift of flaming arrows.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 15:56

I vaguely remember that. Those were the days, games having cheats Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Sep 02 2013, 16:20

Agree there. I remember the excitement of discovering new technologies and units etc. Was a sad day when I realised that I had researched and explored absolutely everything you could within the game.

Are there no other excellent strategies in a similar swords/spears sort of mould doing the rounds now then? Or even any older ones that you think compare? I was never so keen on AOE3.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 16:22

I still play civ2. That's pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by hbk48942 Wed Sep 18 2013, 15:02

GTA 5 is out now , anyone stayed up till late to play it?

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu Sep 19 2013, 12:19

hbk48942 wrote:the longest i have played on is for a couple of hours when i am trying to get a lot of the game completed on say LMA manager i used to play that for hours with my mate.
I can remember wasting a fair few evenings at a friends house playing LMA Manager. I can always remember wanting to get to the end of the season just to see which players were out of contract, you could pick up quite a few gems each season.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Sep 19 2013, 13:56

The_Enigma wrote:
hbk48942 wrote:the longest i have played on is for a couple of hours when i am trying to get a lot of the game completed on say LMA manager i used to play that for hours with my mate.
I can remember wasting a fair few evenings at a friends house playing LMA Manager. I can always remember wanting to get to the end of the season just to see which players were out of contract, you could pick up quite a few gems each season.
One of my mates use to keep a notebook along side when he was playing LMA so he could jot down what players got better post match ratings than his, and then try and calculate what players would be worth signing etc. Fair play it really took over his life for a while.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 20 2013, 16:26

I still have a notebook of players I wanted to sign on Champ Man 96/97...most of whom I'd long since forgotten. I'd love to have the time to make one for FM14.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Sep 20 2013, 17:30

Age of empires and Colonization - also Wing commander prophecy - when my Cd finally gave out i desperately sought another one out and luckily found one for a fiver

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon Sep 23 2013, 10:40

i use to play and forget to eat

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Wed Oct 16 2013, 09:51

Back in my younger days I would have 10-12hr stints playing Resident Evil through the night. I'll never forget the sound of those man eating dogs and crows crashing through the windows.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 16 2013, 10:08

Haha, a friend of mine used to do similar, until one night he had the worst nightmare ever and was shouting PUEBLO at the top of his voice in his sleep. Turns out he was being chased by some zombie Spaniards from Res4 I believe Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down