The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Season Review

Go down

2013 Season Review Empty 2013 Season Review

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 02 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

Might be a bit early for some so apologies, but it's now September and we've only got a few comps left at our place and the chances for reductions are sparse with the coring programme due in 2 weeks so about time to start casting views back over the season and the original best intentions set out in the spring time:

Targets for 2013 taken from that thread and results :

Enjoy it - Enjoyed it 95%+ of the time I went out and can only recall a couple of occasions when I didn't for anything approaching a full round. Tick! Really good fun season with some great laughs.

Get putting analysed and fitted for putter that suits me (or get my putter confirmed as 'right' for me which would be nice) - Tick! Had confirmation that my stroke/grip etc is consistent and doesn't need tweaking. Now sporting a custom fit Scotty blade. Rolls like a dream and I love it (just need to hit the damn thing the right way now!)

Buy some shiny new woods - Tick! Titleist 913 D3, 913 Fd and 913 Hd. Had a bit of a cash based bonus so also went for Cleveland 588 cb irons and new Cleveland rotex wedges. Full bag changed.

Oh yeah suppose I'd better have a playing target too! Try to get to 4 and hold it (currently 4.6 having cruelly been stranded there by an unexpected CSS drop in the penultimate qualifying comp of last season and a subsequent hack in the last one) - Full season at 5 (currently 5.0) with a brief soujourn into the world of 4 for 2 comps (got to 4.3, never held it). Shot a gross red number off the whites. Technically a fail (but not one that is disappointing, think holding 5 over 30 or so qualifying laps (predominantly CSS par -2) has been pleasing without dipping back to 6.

2013 has been a good golfing year and still got some things to look forward to as well. An away day for 40 (ish) of us at my favourite course over here and a golfing sojourn to Majorca 3 weeks on Wednesday (Son Vida, Son Quint and Son Muntaner booked one other lap on the "day off" to be sorted when we get there if enough interest (usually get at least one 4 ball keen to stay out of the inevitable 14 hour session that everyone else promises not to have but ultimately embarks on year in, year out).

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down