The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ECB Moves May Testts

4 posters

Go down

ECB Moves May Testts Empty ECB Moves May Testts

Post by msp83 Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm

The ECB has ended the practice of starting the English test season in May. This would open the way to more England players being available for the full season of the IPL. It might not be effective in the coming season as the IPL would end later than usual as space has to be made for the Worlt T-20 before the beginning of the tournament. England would anyways be playing some limited over cricket during the latter half of May. but the ECB decision opens the way for further engagement between the BCCI and ECB in the context of the IPL.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2014/content/current/story/667907.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

ECB Moves May Testts Empty Re: ECB Moves May Testts

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Very sensible move. I'm all for it. May Tests are ridiculous given a) how early in our season it is and b) the weather.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:30 pm

I like the fact they are starting with the hors d'œuvre's in May, and having the main, on the (hopefully) more sunnier June.

The best players missing the limited over stuff is a little bit of an inconvenience, but not as bad as missing tests.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:00 am

Don't think this is the best move in terms of crowds and revenue. The 2 Tests against Sri Lanka are taking place 12-16 June, and 20-24 June.

What else is happening then? Oh yeah, the Football World Cup. The biggest sporting event in the World. Would have been better to keep the Tests in late May, at least just for 2014. Although I do prefer the idea of having the pointless limited-over games preceding the Tests. Annoying that they haven't followed this up for the India series.

Oh and 5 Tests against India? Soon, Alastair Cook can list 'beating India' as one of his hobbies!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down