The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robocop

+4
The Saint
hornbloweroafc
goldwolf
Hero
8 posters

Go down

Robocop Empty Robocop

Post by Hero Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:06 pm

Have to say I usually hate remakes but the trailer for Robocop is looking rather good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6dnY8rRDY

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Robocop Empty Re: Robocop

Post by goldwolf Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:39 pm

Looks ok, might give it a go. I wasn't mad on the original, I found people seemed to love it or hate it, and the rest were in beywee

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:40 pm

"between" Christ I hate this phone

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:45 pm

Looks better than I though it would to be far. Loved the original Robocop, second was ok and the third...Let's pretend it didn't happen.

Not sure about the black suit, looks more out of a computer game or mortal kombat but I can see why they've done it. Gives him more stealth and slick.

Will probably go pics to see it.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:20 pm

I've always been a big fan of the 1987 Robocop, it has a uniqueness that can't be rivalled. I was totally against the remake,however it looks like it could be a decent action film. I'm also interested to see how story plays out.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Sun 08 Sep 2013, 6:12 pm

Loved the original, but I'm not one of those who can't accept the concept of a remake-reboot on principle, provided it is an update or different take on the concept rather than simply redoing the same thing: there are some films which remaking seems entirely pointless (e.g. starship troopers: given the whole film is essentially sarcasm) but others which I think are wothwhile (e.g. MoS, and I would add Total Recall). In that context I think Robocop is an interesting concept and will be interested to see where the new makers take it.

I suspect there will be plenty (not on here necessarily) who are simply lining up to shoot down the new movie because it won't be exactly like the original, which is silly. Already the criticisms of the new suit ("it's not robocop if the suit isn't grey, waaahhhh") have been at times a bit silly. For myself, I will try to judge the film on what it is, not on what I wanted it to be.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 7:12 pm

Looks decent enough.

Wasn't a fan of the original, but this looks good.

Decent cast as well.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TinRibs Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:04 am

I won't slag the film off because I obviously haven't seen it yet. He looks daft though. As in, he doesn't even look like a robot. He just looks like a man in a futuristic motorbike outfit.
TinRibs
TinRibs

http://richieandrews.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:39 pm

TinRibs wrote:I won't slag the film off because I obviously haven't seen it yet. He looks daft though. As in, he doesn't even look like a robot. He just looks like a man in a futuristic motorbike outfit.
They probably got the costume cheap - a cast off from Power Rangers perhaps?

I don't understand the NEED to reboot/remake though. Where are the original ideas? I have no idea what the new film will be like but there is a good cast so it'll either be good or a bit "meh" like Total Rehash.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down