The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather vs alverez 7 day weigh in

+2
mobilemaster8
Diamond in the rough
6 posters

Go down

Mayweather vs alverez 7 day weigh in Empty Mayweather vs alverez 7 day weigh in

Post by Diamond in the rough Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:12 am

Mayweather heavier than I thought at 152.2lbs and canelo lighter than I thought at 157.4! Canelo should have no trouble making weight the 7 day weigh in for trout was 159.2lbs so he seems on good course to make weight!

Anyone surprised how heavy mayweather is this close to the fight? Not sure what his weight was vs cotto at this stage but Guerrero was 148lbs will this make him alot slower? Or do you think it won't make a differnce

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs alverez 7 day weigh in Empty Re: Mayweather vs alverez 7 day weigh in

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:05 am

Interesting really. Mayweather usually comes in at around 150 when competing at LMW to be honest, so when he was 148 7 days before Robert, he still put ON 2 pounds. He only has to lose 2 here which i don't think will be a problem.

Maybe he has kept his speed and put on just a little more bulk to take shots better or to have more sting in his own shots.

It could all be crap what i just said, but it seems viable.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs alverez 7 day weigh in Empty Re: Mayweather vs alverez 7 day weigh in

Post by Strongback Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:06 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather loaded up on fluids to give the impression he is coming in heavy to play with Canelo's head.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:37 pm

152 sounds perfect for Mayweather 7 days before.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Only Alvarez weight that matters.......and maybe that is irrelevant....

All the questions are for the challenger..

He has to believe he can win and have the confidence sticking to his game plan... not easy when knowing that better fighters have lost to Floyd than him.

Probably already spent the money in his head too..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Think Mayweather had probably just eaten a couple of 2lb burgers - he tends to do that - he can afford to do that as he's always training and staying fit and gets back to boxing nearer the fights to prevent overtraining

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down