The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging

5 posters

Go down

Judging Empty Judging

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:48 pm

Evening gentlemen, I've just been watching the Burns vs Beltran farce and it's got me thinking, is it time for retrospective judging? Would it take something away from boxing or would it make it more fair? Could it even happen?

The guys that are on the end of these disgraceful decisions must be so deflated after all the training, travelling and sacrifices they do/make

Over to you guys

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Judging Empty Re: Judging

Post by Steffan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:51 pm

The only thing I could potentially think of is what they do in the court of law sometimes and have what they call 'Innominate Jury' where no one is allowed to know who the judges are or contact them. Sad it has to come to this but could be a solution?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:12 am

In the US at the moment and couldn't watch the fight but by the sounds of it the decision was a bad one. I think a fighter on the wrong end of a shocker like abril vs Rios should be able to sue for loss of earnings, how much more would he be earning if he wasn't robbed? No one with 2 eyes should have given that fight to Rios, I had it 11 rounds to 1.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 6:47 am

Saying that mate, rios "beat" Abril and lost to Alvarado but still ended up being cherry picked by Pacquiao (standard routine for team Pacquiao i suppose).

With the judges....well....last night was such a disgrace its unreal. Hearns has come out and said it was very close and not a robbery. Unfortunately, pretty much everyone ive spoken to or seen has stated that Beltran won by 4 or more rounds. The only person who had it close was Burns, Hearns, The judges and Terror.

Having trained so hard, travelled to the champions backyard, dominated him, broke his jaw, knocked him down, out punched and out landed him to then lose (well, draw) is a joke.

Judges should come out after the fight and JUSTIFY how they saw the fight and how the scored the round. So, in the 3rd for example, when beltran knocked Ricky about for 3 minutes, had they given it to Burns, then why had they done so.

Its too easy these days for the judges to just score a fight, ruin a fighters career or dream, and then slope off to the next big fight without having to justify their actions.

Or, we should have judges that watch from a monitor in their own rooms with a witness, score it and then pass on the cards.

I don't care what they do to be fair, the sport is probably the most corrupt out there at the moment. Shame really.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:52 am

Unless rounds are clearly one-sided there can be no real outrage at a decision. Very few of the rounds last night were absolutely one-sided. I gave Beltran 7 rounds, Burns 5 rounds, plus there was the point off Burns for the knockdown. Quite ironic that it was the American judge whose scoring meant Burns kept his belt.

One change i'd like to see made is judges not filling in a cumulative scorecard. We've seen recently cases of scorecards where scores have been changed, most noteably when Amir Khan was robbed by the US judges against Lamont Peterson. Judges, if they don't already, should have to score rounds as they see them, meaning there can be no confusion at the end of the fight.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down