The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the WORST song you have ever heard?

+13
Adam D
Scottrff
MIG
Marsh
incontinentia
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
superflyweight
bhb001
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
ChequeredJersey
hbk48942
17 posters

Go down

What is the WORST song you have ever heard?  Empty What is the WORST song you have ever heard?

Post by hbk48942 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:50 pm

thought about this topic for a while , straight away thought about Justin Bieber - Baby and Rebecca Black - Friday but i dont want to name loads of so , i want to know what you guys think , what is the worst song you have heard off?

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

What is the WORST song you have ever heard?  Empty Re: What is the WORST song you have ever heard?

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:14 am

Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke by a mile
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

What is the WORST song you have ever heard?  Empty Re: What is the WORST song you have ever heard?

Post by Galted Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:19 am

Sorry, can't restrict it to one, these came to mind:
Millennium Prayer - Cliff Richard
We Are The World - USA for Africa
Final Countdown - Europe
Hello - Lionel Ritchie
Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Ritchie
I Shot The Sherriff - Bob Marley and the Wailers
I Should Be So Lucky - Kylie Minogue
Lady In Red - Chris de Burgh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:40 am

Galted wrote:
That is it, that is the worst song ever. No question about it.

Mistletoe and Wine is another shocking Cliff song.

My eldest girl has started listening to some gimp called Conner Maynard. I got in from work last night and she had sky plussed his latest effort and was playing on repeat and dancing around the living room. It was so bad it is untrue. I can't remember the name but I had to leave the room before I launched the TV or daughter threw the window. I urge anyone to avoid it. He looks like some prepubescent boy whisked from the playground and told to act like some kid from the wrong side of the tracks. He actually makes Justin Bieber look like a serious artist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
That is it, that is the worst song ever.  No question about it.

My eldest girl has started listening to some gimp called Conner Maynard.  I got in from work last night and she had sky plussed his latest effort and was playing on repeat and dancing around the living room.  It was so bad it is untrue.  I can't remember the name but I had to leave the room before I launched the TV or daughter threw the window.  I urge anyone to avoid it.  He looks like some prepubescent boy whisked from the playground and told to act like some kid from the wrong side of the tracks.  He actually makes Justin Bieber look like a serious artist.  
Defenestration is the best word in the English language and is criminally under used. Should be worked into conversations weekly to ensure it remains in popular use.

Was it Feed the World where Michael Jackson had a messiah complex at the Brit Awards and Jarvis Cocker took humbrage with it and invaded the stage? Truly awful in too many ways!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:14 am

bhb001 wrote:
Galted wrote:

My eldest girl has started listening to some gimp called Conner Maynard.  I got in from work last night and she had sky plussed his latest effort and was playing on repeat and dancing around the living room.  It was so bad it is untrue.  I can't remember the name but I had to leave the room before I launched the TV or daughter threw the window.  I urge anyone to avoid it.  He looks like some prepubescent boy whisked from the playground and told to act like some kid from the wrong side of the tracks.  He actually makes Justin Bieber look like a serious artist.  
Defenestration is the best word in the English language and is criminally under used. Should be worked into conversations weekly to ensure it remains in popular use.

Was it Feed the World where Michael Jackson had a messiah complex at the Brit Awards and Jarvis Cocker took humbrage with it and invaded the stage? Truly awful in too many ways!!

I had to google it, bhb, but you're right, that is a superb word and one I shall be using more often.

I think it was Earth Song at the Brits that got Jarvis so wound up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:34 am

It was Earth Song. Always a cracking tune to do if you ever find yourself in an enforced karaoke situation.

Galted's probably peaked this artcile too soon by mentioning Millenium Prayer - it's awful.

Anything by the Black Eye Peas woudl be a contender, but if I had to just pick up, it would be "I Gotta Feeling".

"Tell you what, Will I AM, sing that again and I Gotta Feeling that you'll have the feeling of a bayonet being shoved through your throat!"

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:43 am

That record called 'Jack' which has been in the charts lately. An insult to the senses!

What with my missus being a huge Wham! fan, I've sadly been 'treated' to some of Andrew Ridgeley's solo stuff (I know you'll all most likely be struggling to think of any of his work!). 'Red Dress' and 'Shake' if you're a glutton for punishment.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:22 am

We are the cheeky girls........

Would give them a lift in my car though........Maybe we could stop off at a layby somewhere..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

I too would violate the cheeky girls, but if i were to pick the worst song ever it would be that ear slurry by Will Smith's female spawn. I believe the jist of it is that she shakes her hair like its wet. gee, thanks for spending 4 minutes telling us that. nice of your dad to get you some studio time for your birthday and a record deal, good going Will.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:57 am

bhb001 wrote:
Galted wrote:

I had to google it, bhb, but you're right, that is a superb word and one I shall be using more often.

I think it was Earth Song at the Brits that got Jarvis so wound up.
Defenestration were a female fronted metal band a few years ago. They were rubbish but I guess you all gathered that by virtue of me not typing their name in capitals

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:01 am

Some blonde chick and a bloke had a song out a couple of years ago my Son kept blazing out in his room where she kept shouting..

"It's not my name" about a hundred times........

F**k me that used to grate !!!..

Felt like doing an Arnie and going into his room shouting "I'll give you collateral damage!!"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Defenestration were a female fronted metal band a few years ago. They were rubbish but I guess you all gathered that by virtue of me not typing their name in capitals
Defenestration > SLAYER

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:04 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Some blonde chick and a bloke had a song out a couple of years ago my Son kept blazing out in his room where she kept shouting..

"It's not my name" about a hundred times........
The Ting Tings.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:11 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Defenestration > SLAYER
Impossible, one is in capitals, the other one isn't....simple metal logic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:30 pm

'So What' by Pink is just horrific, also can't stand 'single ladies' by Beyonce or pretty much anything by Will.I.Am

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:13 pm

That recent thing that Will.I.Am released which is supposedly a song, is pretty much the worst thing I have ever heard.  When I first heard it my ears bled.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrff Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:18 pm

It's hard to believe people prefer Crazy Frog or The Fast Food Song to some of these.

Scottrff

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:13 pm

Scottrff wrote:It's hard to believe people prefer Crazy Frog or The Fast Food Song to some of these.
I forgot about that. Maybe that is just a hair's breadth worse than Blurred Lines. Both are equally not actually songs
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm

Whats everyones views on Brian Mays badger culling song?

Worst thing ever or genius?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:55 pm

Adam D wrote:Whats everyones views on Brian Mays badger culling song?

Worst thing ever or genius?
Not sure that the 'or' part of the question makes sense. It's both the worst thing ever and genius (in a twisted way MWHAHAHAAA...). Particularly the Brian Blessed interjection.

Anyway, Galted has already won the Internet by nominating Cliff and Millenium Prayer, so further discussion is irrelevant (although surely the worst thing the Black Eyed Peas have done is that 'My Humps' song, and no-one has suggested 'Swagger Jagger' by the lass that lost X Factor as the worst thing ever).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 12 Sep 2013, 7:22 am

New contender, heard it for the first time today - At the Zoo by Simon and Garfunkel, have posted the words on the "lyrics you hate" thread.  Absolutely dreadful, was embarrassed listening to it on my ipod on the train despite the fact no-one else could hear.  They make Desiree and Rebecca Black seem like Schopenhauer and Wittgenstein.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:52 am

Something Kind of Ooh by Girls Aloud is the worst song ever and I think I posted the lyrics elsewhere. Pure garbage but what would you expect from 5 people who have a combined IQ of a tablespoon.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Something Kind of Ooh by Girls Aloud is the worst song ever and I think I posted the lyrics elsewhere.  Pure garbage but what would you expect from 5 people who have a combined IQ of a tablespoon.
Probably worth noting that they didn't write the song themselves, so you're giving them far too much credit.

No, that song was written by 6 (six) presumably professional songwriters.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:10 pm

This surely has to be a contender:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Over 22m hits in a week.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:23 pm

sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Something Kind of Ooh by Girls Aloud is the worst song ever and I think I posted the lyrics elsewhere.  Pure garbage but what would you expect from 5 people who have a combined IQ of a tablespoon.
Probably worth noting that they didn't write the song themselves, so you're giving them far too much credit.

No, that song was written by 6 (six) presumably professional songwriters.
picard I can't believe that. It took 6 people to write that work of art??
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:30 pm

Can you imagine their meeting while writing it?

"What rhymes with oooh?"

"Flew, chew, shoe, tutu..."

"Tutu. Boom. Get the gold records ready."

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:35 pm

It didn't make number 1.  We are saved!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:54 pm

sodhat wrote:Can you imagine their meeting while writing it?

"What rhymes with oooh?"

"Described as "a welcome return to a tune which gets you moving", the song received praise from contemporary music critics."
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:09 pm

From the song I posted earlier look at the lyrics:

[Verse 1]
Dog goes "woof"
Cat goes "meow"
Bird goes "tweet"
And mouse goes "squeek"
Cow goes "moo"
Frog goes "croak"
And the elephant goes "toot"
Ducks say "quack"
And fish go "blub"
And the seal goes "ow ow ow"

[Pre-Chorus]
But there's one sound
That no one knows
What does the fox say?

[Chorus 1]
"Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!"
What the fox say?

"Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!"
What the fox say?

"Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!"
What the fox say?

"Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Tchoff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!"
What the fox say?

[Verse 2]
Big blue eyes
Pointy nose
Chasing mice
And digging holes
Tiny paws
Up the hill
Suddenly you're standing still

[Pre-Chorus 2]
Your fur is red
So beautiful
Like an angel in disguise
But if you meet
A friendly horse
Will you communicate by
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
How will you speak to that
Ho-o-o-o-orse?
Ho-o-o-o-orse?
Ho-o-o-o-orse?

What does the fox say?

[Chorus 2]
"Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!"
What the fox say?

"Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!"
What the fox say?

"A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!"
What the fox say?

"A-oo-oo-oo-ooo!
Woo-oo-oo-ooo!"
What does the fox say?

[Bridge]
The secret of the fox
Ancient mystery
Somewhere deep in the woods
I know you're hiding
What is your sound?
Will we ever know?
Will always be a mystery
What do you say?

[Outro]
You're my guardian angel
Hiding in the woods
What is your sound?
(Wa-wa-way-do Wub-wid-bid-dum-way-do Wa-wa-way-do)
Will we ever know?
(Bay-budabud-dum-bam)
I want to
(Mama-dum-day-do)
I want to
I want to know!
(Abay-ba-da bum-bum bay-do)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:11 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
sodhat wrote:Can you imagine their meeting while writing it?

"What rhymes with oooh?"

"Described as "a welcome return to a tune which gets you moving", the song received praise from contemporary music critics."
Contemporary music critics are a waste of space.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:13 pm

Hero wrote:From the song I posted earlier look at the lyrics:

[Verse 1]
Dog goes "woof"
Cat goes "meow"
Bird goes "tweet"
And mouse goes "squeek"
Cow goes "moo"
Frog goes "croak"
And the elephant goes "toot"
Ducks say "quack"
And fish go "blub"
And the seal goes "ow ow ow"

[Pre-Chorus]
But there's one sound
That no one knows
What does the fox say?

[Chorus 1]
"Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!"
What the fox say?

"Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!"
What the fox say?

"Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!"
What the fox say?

"Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Tchoff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!"
What the fox say?

[Verse 2]
Big blue eyes
Pointy nose
Chasing mice
And digging holes
Tiny paws
Up the hill
Suddenly you're standing still

[Pre-Chorus 2]
Your fur is red
So beautiful
Like an angel in disguise
But if you meet
A friendly horse
Will you communicate by
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
Mo-o-o-o-orse?
How will you speak to that
Ho-o-o-o-orse?
Ho-o-o-o-orse?
Ho-o-o-o-orse?

What does the fox say?

[Chorus 2]
"Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!"
What the fox say?

"Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!"
What the fox say?

"A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!"
What the fox say?

"A-oo-oo-oo-ooo!
Woo-oo-oo-ooo!"
What does the fox say?

[Bridge]
The secret of the fox
Ancient mystery
Somewhere deep in the woods
I know you're hiding
What is your sound?
Will we ever know?
Will always be a mystery
What do you say?

[Outro]
You're my guardian angel
Hiding in the woods
What is your sound?
(Wa-wa-way-do Wub-wid-bid-dum-way-do Wa-wa-way-do)
Will we ever know?
(Bay-budabud-dum-bam)
I want to
(Mama-dum-day-do)
I want to
I want to know!
(Abay-ba-da bum-bum bay-do)
Is it aimed at children?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:16 pm

I don't think so as if you hear it it sounds a bit like its swearing in the chorus with 'What does the fox say'

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:21 pm

Oh what fresh hell is this?  An acceptable pre-school song, an unacceptable song otherwise.

For some reason, that song has made me think of Eurovision and all the masterpieces that have been submitted for that over the years.  My personal favourite is "We Are The Winners of Eurovision", although "Alcohol Is Free" was also a classic.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down