The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

York Day Three

3 posters

Go down

York Day Three Empty York Day Three

Post by racingnut Thu 12 May 2011, 7:42 pm

Last day of whats been a tremendous meeting so far.Definitely the trickiest day for finding winners and today the runners favoured the stands side rail.Had a look at the card and these ones to avoid appeared.
1.30 Dont do 5f races.Guiness time!
2.00 Ultra difficult handicap but a notebook horse in the shape of MATAALEB re appears.Ran a stormer at Goodwood last year when just denied.If hes fit enough i think he might just be fairly treated.
2.30 Decent event without having a real staying star present,thought they will go quick as theres a few who force it and it might fall the way of CLOWANCE who can sit off it and be dropped late by Spencer.
3.00 THEYSKENS THEORY has the best form in this by a mile.If shes ready then she must win.
3.35Dont do 5f races,time for another Guiness!
4.10 Nightmare of a race but SWILLY FERRY went into the notebook last time out.If York gets a shower or three and the ground gets a tad of cut in it then i can see him going well.
4.45 ITTIRAD absolutely strolled home at Newcastle first up and the stable are flying.Boundless potential and you have to take a chance that hes fairly handicapped.

Good luck if you play.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

York Day Three Empty Re: York Day Three

Post by steveo77 Fri 13 May 2011, 10:08 am

looks a tough day this one.
As is it is a Friday we will see the biggest crowds of the week at York although the quality of the racing is the worst of the week!

I think this is the problem that racing has actually got (especially the flat season) people dont go necessarily make the decision to go for the racing on offer, more so for the day out.

Anyway onto the racing and one of the best 2 year olds to emerge this season MISS WORK OF ART should take some beating in the 1.30. She was very impressive at Ascot recently.

In the 2.00 I am going for THE FONZ. Good course and distance form, has already had a run this season, Ryan Moore rides and at 9/1 is a decent price.

In the 2.30 I have always been impressed by the favourite DUNCAN but after a good win at Ascot I will side with ASKAR TAU for this one.

It is pretty poor stuff after that. THEYSKENS THEORY may have too much class for the rest of the field in the 3.00 though

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Fri 13 May 2011, 12:29 pm

Agree it's tough today at the Knavesmire and the quality is not as good as the first two days .... Mine are as follows -

1.30 MISS WORK OF ART .... agree with Steveo77 comments above. I think a class above these on what we've seen so far. Odds are rather prohibitive though.
3.00 PRIMEVERE .... a straight toss up between this one and Theyskens Theory but i'd like ot think that Roger Charltons charge will come on for it's first outing and could be good enough to take this.
3.35 JAMAICAN BOLT .... One for the Fahey / Hanagan team
4.10 DOCOFTHEBAY .... Fingers crossed that Dandy Nicholls trained sprinter can inprove on his last outing in a hot handicap at HQ where the form was franked last weekend by Hawkeyethenoo.

Best of luck to all if you're playing !!!! thumbsup

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Fri 13 May 2011, 12:48 pm

I agree with you about the 3.35 Grahame - just had a look at the card for that race and I also think Jamaican Bolt has a great chance thumbsup

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 14 May 2011, 7:02 pm

Nothing to write home about on the final day except for a very striking performance from THEYSKENS THEORY.She goes to Ascot for the Coronation next and with the 1000 winner going to Epsom and the second and third going to Paris and the Curragh respectively then i reckon Theyskens has a solid claim.One of interest for certain.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down