The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+26
Otagolad
The Mangler US_UK
Norfolkinchance
TM Moot
cabowers
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
QuarterbackSneak
Colan (niner)
cherriesfna
Pr4wn
sodhat
mikeygnfl
Take it to the house
adams_legend
Number-25
Breadvan
Bull
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Thomond
NYJ
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
CFCNick
GSC
30 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 2 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

PFFs team of week 1 if anyone cares

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: LeSean McCoy
FB: Colin Mooney
TE: Julius Thomas
WR: Anquan Boldin, Danny Amendola
T: Brandon Albert, Austin Howard
G: Evan Mathis, Marshal Yanda
C; Jason Kelce

DL: JJ Watt, Jurell Casey, Gerald McCoy
Edge Rushers: Robert Quinn, Cam Wake
ILB: Derrick Johnson, DeAndre Levy
CB: Chris Harris, Cary Williams
S: Eric Berry, Ryan Mundy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 2 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Bull Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Its not 1985? =(

Bull

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 2 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:46 pm

DeAndre Hopkins making some plays on this OT drive, nice toe tap
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Anyone see the Ravens game, want to know why rice only rushed for 30 yards?

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 pm

adams_legend wrote:Anyone see the Ravens game, want to know why rice only rushed for 30 yards?
Got hurt... but that was the 4th quarter, so still doesn't quite explain it

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:54 pm

The Ravens have one of the best running backs in the league but they keep going with Flacco throwing the ball.

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:59 pm

He only had 8 touches of the ball in the 1st half, 5 rushes. He's there best offensive player, gotta give him the ball more.

What a throw by Stafford. Megatron
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:05 pm

I don't get all the Skins bashing? Would have been great to start 2-0 but pretty much everyone knew it would take 1-2 games to get back to it for RGIII and our D hardly improved a lot in the offseason because we couldn't make enough room with the cap penalty to sign some proper D reinforcements. We gave up picks for RGIII that would have cost cap money anyway, so this season has to be one of building on the O that was set up last year, and patching the D until we can address needs in the secondary. I don't see better than 10-6 this year.

I reckon the gimpy Patriots and a Panthers team with too many weapons to be so bad are bigger topics.

Q - if the Eagles keep this up, wonder what odds you can get on Jackson breaking the receiving record?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:16 pm

So frustrating, so close to winning! Ponder was decent after his INT and defense made some really good plays. Just couldn't stop them on the last drive mad

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Take it to the house wrote:So frustrating, so close to winning! Ponder was decent after his INT and defense made some really good plays. Just couldn't stop them on the last drive mad
BEARS!! CUTLER!!!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Bull wrote:
Take it to the house wrote:So frustrating, so close to winning! Ponder was decent after his INT and defense made some really good plays. Just couldn't stop them on the last drive mad
BEARS!! CUTLER!!!
furious

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Bit of a rough series for Myers there, trips with open field to the endzone in front of him, then drops a 3rd down pass

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:17 pm

skins4ever wrote:I don't get all the Skins bashing? Would have been great to start 2-0 but pretty much everyone knew it would take 1-2 games to get back to it for RGIII and our D hardly improved a lot in the offseason because we couldn't make enough room with the cap penalty to sign some proper D reinforcements. We gave up picks for RGIII that would have cost cap money anyway, so this season has to be one of building on the O that was set up last year, and patching the D until we can address needs in the secondary. I don't see better than 10-6 this year.

I reckon the gimpy Patriots and a Panthers team with too many weapons to be so bad are bigger topics.

Q - if the Eagles keep this up, wonder what odds you can get on Jackson breaking the receiving record?
Wasn't really bashing the Skins skins4ever..... more just stating the obvious! No team has sucked more than us right across the board than us so far this season. The defense has got worse and it was already bad. At the moment, with our schedule, I struggle to see better than 6-10 this year. The one thing that we have in our favour is that we play in the NFC East where the best of a bad lot will win the division.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Patrick Peterson with a pass!Laugh

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:07 am

Trindon Holliday again! Absolutely brilliant

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:49 am

Ominously Eli looks in 2007 form
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 am

49ers & Seahawks back out after lightning delay at 3.00am
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:44 am

YEAH WOO COLIN KAEPERNICK IS GREAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh wait...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 am

Give it a few hours and cherries will be here with some gloating. He may actually be Richard Sherman pretending to be an 18 year old from Bournemouth.

Raiders scraped past the Jags. A win is a win considering people were suggesting 0-16 for us so that's nice. Need to be more clinical on offense, we should have put them to the sword. Only the best fullback in football managed to get into the endzone with all that possession.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 am

Poor mans Mike Vick Whistle

Did think it a little premature to crown him last week. Green Bay sold out to stop the run.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:33 am

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfceast&id=56372

This guy, John Keim, provides the best coverage and insight into the Redskins anywhere in the world. He used to be a reporter with the Washington Examiner but joined ESPN when that paper folded. If he says where the Redskins are at right now is scary then that's good enough for me!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:31 am

Seems that "the most talented AN in football" was taken to school by the Hawks last night...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 am

Can you imagine what would have happened to Rodgers/Luck and co last night, if the most talented QB in football could only put up 3 pts on Seattle...Shocked 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:47 am

Even Cam Newton put up 7 Laugh

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

So what did we learn this week

Gronk and Amendola need to get healthy fast
Baltimore still knows how to win ugly
Panthers offense is sputtering. May well cost Rivera his job soon
Like last year the Bears remain an enigma
Washington is still a bad team without RG3s flash
Tennessee is legit. Sadly Jake Locker is legitimately terrible
Indy remains a team reliant on its star QB.
Miami hasn't shot out the blocks but they're 2-0
Andy Reid is a quality coach. The Chiefs have already matched last seasons win total.
Phillip Rivers looks back on track
The Chip Kelly offenses sizzle is matched by the Chip Kelly defenses ineptitude
Tampa can't finish. The Schiano-Freeman divorce is coming sooner rather than later.
The Saints have some backbone.
2 SB rings buy you a lot of free passes for bad play.
The Lions are still talented. And still stupid
Jacksonville will be picking first.
Seattle is a monster at home
Kaepernick isn't quite a first ballot HoFr yet
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:59 am

Carson Palmer is still Carson Palmer too. That pick 6 he threw was ugly. I saw it so often last season.

But hey, he's better than Kolb, Skelton and Lindley. Put together, probably.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am

boo yahh

let me hear ya]

SEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWKS
SEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWKS

DOWN GOES THE FORTY-WHINERS
HAHAHA AND WE WERE MISSING OUR BEST PASS RUSHER AND THE 4TH MEMEBER OF THE LEGION OF BOOM

KAEPERNICKS SUCKS ASS

AHAHAHAHAHA

BEST I N THE WEST

SUCK IT WHINERS!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Tempted to remove that. If you haven't got anything meaningful to say, keep quiet.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:50 pm

If we have to read niners fluffing of every 49ers player each week then I say Cherries should stay
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:52 pm

And if you leave it, it will be funnier when the Seahawks fail and we can quote it at him.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Good point about niner ;-)

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Definitely let Cherries comment stay! After niner's "most talented QB in the league" comment last week I fully support Cherries' right to gloat in this way. It really was a big statement victory.

Where is niner by the way??Wink 

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Just watched on fast forward .. Impressive performance by Seattle but hard to watch the Niners get beaten up in the trenches like that

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Spoiler:
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Spoiler:
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Seahawks were dominant last night in the second half. I thought it was pretty even upto then.

That is the secong thrashing the 49ers having taken in Seattle in their last four regular season games. They wouldn't want to go their in the play offs.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

next up at the Clink............. the Jaguars

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Now watching the game again, man the 49ers made some dumbass fouls on defence. Brooks with the facemask on an already going down Wilson, and Aldon Smith giving up a personal foul after the play on 3rd and 28. Doh 

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I hope people stop using this game as some sort of indictment on Kap. The entire team played horribly, run game was non existent, no discipline, receivers were no match for Seattle secondary and too many mental errors. Everything that went wrong could have went wrong and I just hope now injuries to Williams, Reid and Davis aren't serious. If you have no run game, receivers don't get open, oline can't block, playing against a great team iin the loudest atmosphere ever, no QB would play well. Seattle fans have a complex over niners and players feed off it, their offense wasn't great but their D was as dominant as I've seen in a game for a while. Fair play to them, I see too many dirty tactic from them every game though, happened last year with Manningham and agian a few times last night, don't revel at clear injuries caused by dirty plays, its bs. I'd still lump money on 49ers to win division though, Seattle get up for that game more than any other, won't play like that every week

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Well I sure hope for the sake of the other NFC teams that Seattle don't end up winning the division (and imo whoever wins that division, is the #1 seed in the NFC).

Wouldn't want to be going to Seattle in the playoffs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm

I think teams wouldn't be too worried if they got Seattle at home but agree that you don't want to be playing at their place, deathwish

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by QuarterbackSneak Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm

They are definitely a formidable force at home thats for sure! If they could sort out their road form, they would be serious contenders.

QuarterbackSneak

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 pm

In the latest installment of the Bucs soap opera, reports are that Revis is unhappy with Schiano's defensive schemes.

I really like Seattle this year, had them as my pick in the poll to win the division. If they can get Harvin back fit and firing, they'll be immense
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by QuarterbackSneak Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:39 pm

tampa have a defensive scheme???? lol

QuarterbackSneak

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
Jacksonville has scored 11 points, they've allowed 11 sacks and they don't have a single run of 11+ yards.

Poor Teddy Bridgewater
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by QuarterbackSneak Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Seattle at home to the Jags could be an absolute bloodbath. I might even go for a handicap bet on that next week.

QuarterbackSneak

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:I think teams wouldn't be too worried if they got Seattle at home but agree that you don't want to be playing at their place, deathwish
Think I heard a stat last night that through however many years, I forgot, but they are over 30 games over .500 at home and about 20 under on the road. Think it was Cris who was fantastic last night.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by QuarterbackSneak Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Anyone know the odds for the Broncos going 16-0?

QuarterbackSneak

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 pm

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Tebow rally to be held in Jacksonvile at 3:16 p.m., and it'll last three hours and 16 minutes

Oh dear lord
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:00 pm

From the Bold predictions for week 2 thread
CFCNick wrote:The NFC East will go 0-4

The AFC West will go 4-0
Yep

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm

QuarterbackSneak wrote:Anyone know the odds for the Broncos going 16-0?
Wouldn't bet on it. Shootout with the Eagles could easily see them 3-1 and they still have to play KC and SD who could both get home wins. The Ravens and Giants are both in bad shape right now, beating them proves nothing yet. Broncos likely win the division, but too early to say they are the best team in the AFC.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next