The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Welsh Derby Of The Season!

+20
Tramptastic
The Saint
VinceWLB
wales606
LordDowlais
Cyril
Casartelli
Steffan
Glas a du
flyhalffactory
maestegmafia
thebandwagonsociety
youngguns6
munkian
dragon999
bedfordwelsh
Stone Motif
Taffineastbourne
tatterd
ScarletSpiderman
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

First Welsh Derby Of The Season! - Page 4 Empty First Welsh Derby Of The Season!

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 18 Sep - 12:44

First topic message reminder :

It is here already (Well friday).

Dragons V Scarlets
Dave Parade
19:15 KO (originally 19:05)

Ref -: Nigel Owens
Assistants:Ian Davies & Jon Mason

Newport Gwent Dragons Squad

15. Dan Evans,
14. Tom Prydie,
13. Ross Wardle,
12. Jack Dixon,
11. Hallam Amos,
10. Jason Tovey,
9. Richie Rees;

1. Phil Price,
2. T.Rhys Thomas,
3. Francisco Chaparro,
4. Andrew Coombs (c),
5. Matthew Screech,
6. Jevon Groves,
7. Lewis Evans,
8. Toby Faletau.

Replacements: 16. Hugh Gustafson, 17. Owen Evans, 18. Dan Way, 19. Rob Sidoli, 20. Netani Talei, 21. Jonathan Evans, 22. Kris Burton, 23. Adam Hughes.

Scarlets Squad

15 Steve Shingler;
14 Liam Williams;
13 Jon Davies;
12 Scott Williams;
11 Jordan Williams;
10 Rhys Priestland;
9 Gareth Davies;

1 Phil John;
2 Ken Owens;
3 Samson Lee;
4 Jake Ball;
5 George Earle;
6 Aaron Shingler;
7 John Barclay;
8 Rob McCusker (capt).

Replacements: 16 Emyr Phillips, 17 Rob Evans, 18 Jacobie Adriaanse, 19 Richard Kelly, 20 Josh Turnbull, 21 Aled Davies, 22 Nic Reynolds, 23 Gareth Owen.

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 19 Sep - 12:49; edited 2 times in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

First Welsh Derby Of The Season! - Page 4 Empty Re: First Welsh Derby Of The Season!

Post by Stone Motif Sun 22 Sep - 22:34

Whilst pleased with the result (ok elated), especially as it was one of the best live games I've seen for a while, I think the Dragons season is going to be dictated by the weather as much as anything. We aren't going to be putting in performances that error free when the rain starts to fall and the pitch starts to get heavy, and sides would be well within their rights to knock the ball on every time they get in our 22 just to get a scrum as it is. Dry weather and this well-drilled team will give anyone else in the Rabo a run for their money.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

First Welsh Derby Of The Season! - Page 4 Empty Re: First Welsh Derby Of The Season!

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 23 Sep - 9:49

Stone Motif wrote:Whilst pleased with the result (ok elated), especially as it was one of the best live games I've seen for a while, I think the Dragons season is going to be dictated by the weather as much as anything.  We aren't going to be putting in performances that error free when the rain starts to fall and the pitch starts to get heavy, and sides would be well within their rights to knock the ball on every time they get in our 22 just to get a scrum as it is.  Dry weather and this well-drilled team will give anyone else in the Rabo a run for their money.
Couldn't you have told Easterby that before kick off.

To be fair the Dragons could do with a pitch swap with the Blues, your game suits a pitch made for running rugby, where as their suits a pitch that gets boggy and gives them excuses for not playing running rugby.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 23 Sep - 10:53

Glad (lucky) there were so few scrums. Our backrow was superb, jackled alot of turn overs

Shame the beer festival was on before, I had to re-watch the game the next day picard
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 23 Sep - 11:10

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Whilst pleased with the result (ok elated), especially as it was one of the best live games I've seen for a while, I think the Dragons season is going to be dictated by the weather as much as anything.  We aren't going to be putting in performances that error free when the rain starts to fall and the pitch starts to get heavy, and sides would be well within their rights to knock the ball on every time they get in our 22 just to get a scrum as it is.  Dry weather and this well-drilled team will give anyone else in the Rabo a run for their money.
Couldn't you have told Easterby that before kick off.

To be fair the Dragons could do with a pitch swap with the Blues, your game suits a pitch made for running rugby, where as their suits a pitch that gets boggy and gives them excuses for not playing running rugby.
There was me thinking he was head coach of a professional rugby team.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 23 Sep - 11:11

munkian wrote: Glad (lucky) there were so few scrums. Our backrow was superb, jackled alot of turn overs

Shame the beer festival was on before, I had to re-watch the game the next day picard
Word. I can report the organic cider they were serving was like rocket fuel Sad 
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 23 Sep - 11:33

Stone Motif wrote:
munkian wrote: Glad (lucky) there were so few scrums. Our backrow was superb, jackled alot of turn overs

Word.  I can report the organic cider they were serving was like rocket fuel Sad 
I stayed away from the bad apples but nailed most of the ale
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4