The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Tompkins

4 posters

Go down

Sam Tompkins  Empty Sam Tompkins

Post by propdavid_london Mon 23 Sep 2013, 4:55 pm

Decided not to make the move to union after all -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/24065739
There was some talk for a while about him making the switch - and likely landing at Sarries. Also mentioned was his desire to play in the WC.
But it appears that he has finally made a decision.
I personally was looking forward to seeing what he could do in Union and am disappointed to see him head to NZ, but I am sure that he will do well wherever he goes.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Sam Tompkins  Empty Re: Sam Tompkins

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:42 pm

Shame seriously skillful player,would have been good news for England if he did come to union.
I would have had him at 13.

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:51 pm

Either way probably wouldn't have been ready in time for 2015. The only English player who was really able to do that was Jason Robinson, and he was something totally unique.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:39 am

Tomkins has a phenomenal scoring record from fullback, it's something ridiculous like 149 tries in 150 games for his club and 15 in 16 for GB. He is a real talent and could have easily slotted in to a wing position short term and moved on to Union fullback later. He's not the biggest bloke going but the pace, footwork and footballing skills are very good.

No AP club could have afforded the 450k it took to buy him out I'd his contract at Wigan. It was pretty easy for Money Bill Williams to walk out on his NRL contract and come to union though...

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:45 am

He is still young - 2-3yrs in NZ and then come home to either League or Union. Still might happen, but if he wants WC action then he should be thinking about Japan now.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum