The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Hennessy Sports Statement Following Haye Withdrawal

+9
AlexHuckerby
rob-glos
ONETWOFOREVER
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
Seanusarrilius
School Project
azania
Steffan
13 posters

Go down

Official Hennessy Sports Statement Following Haye Withdrawal Empty Official Hennessy Sports Statement Following Haye Withdrawal

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm

http://teamfuryboxing.com/2013/09/23/official-hennessy-sports-statement-following-haye-withdrawal/

OFFICIAL HENNESSY SPORTS STATEMENT FOLLOWING HAYE WITHDRAWAL

Hennessy Sports would like to reassure fans following the extremely disappointing news regarding the British super-fight between Tyson Fury and David Haye, set for September 28th at the Phones 4 U Arena Manchester, as we endeavour to do all we can to resolve this situation and reschedule a new date as quickly as possible.

We would like to officially apologise to all the boxing fans who have supported us, bought tickets, booked time off from work and booked hotels prior to this news and thank you for your patience as we look to announce a new date.

"We only found out about this situation around midday on Saturday morning, only about half an hour before Hayemaker sent out their official release announcing it," Mick Hennessy said.

"Since then we have been working around the clock with Team Fury, Hayemaker and Sky in an attempt to resolve the situation and reschedule a new date as quickly as possible.

"We have looked into a number of possibilities and have been left very frustrated as due to these circumstances beyond our control, there is nothing that can be done to salvage the 28th, but this is a super-fight that the fans deserve to see and Tyson is eager to deliver for them.

"To be fair to Tyson as well, he has done everything in his power to keep this date alive for the fans, even agreeing to fight Deontay Wilder on the 28th (if Team Wilder agreed), but this fight at short notice was obviously not considered to be box office.

“For the fans that want refunds on their tickets rather than wait for a rescheduled date, please contact the point of purchase for a refund.

"We are very disapointed and can imagine how you are all feeling about this as fans and hopefully we will be able to announce further information as soon as possible."
At the minute it's looking like Fury vs Haye will be on the 25th of Jan 2014

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Official Hennessy Sports Statement Following Haye Withdrawal Empty Re: Official Hennessy Sports Statement Following Haye Withdrawal

Post by azania Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:46 pm

All credit to them and well done Fury for trying to rescue the show by wanting to fight Wilder who obviously ducked out of it.

But midday Saturday morning? For you English folks, is that correct grammar?

azania

Back to top Go down

Official Hennessy Sports Statement Following Haye Withdrawal Empty Re: Official Hennessy Sports Statement Following Haye Withdrawal

Post by School Project Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:47 pm

The real statement says:

"I'm angry, and hungry!... This PPV was going to be my big fat guarantee for money - Now I'm without"

On a serious note... 25th of January?! Good luck with a PPV in January!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:54 pm

First time I have heard Hennessey say anything about this fight since the presser, and it's announcing the cancelation.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

Fury would not risk his big payday or his china chin fighting a murderous puncher like Wilder, anyone who believes that spin is bonkers. If they really wanted the fight then they should have given him another month to prepare. Haye wont fight till at least January/February now.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:03 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:First time I have heard Hennessey say anything about this fight since the presser, and it's announcing the cancelation.
haha, thats true.

For a promoter he sure as hell didn't do much promoting!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:05 pm

His next promotion should be called:

"BACK TO THE FUTU......Leisure Centre!!!"
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:35 pm

I heard Wilder and Thompson offered tofight Fury on the 28th but team Fury went silent.

Now Hennessy is saying that Fury offered Wilder the fight but its ''obviously'' not box office???

Sorry but 2 unbeaten, huge, genuine heavyweight prospects fighting is always box office. It would have made more noise across the pond then Haye. Hmmm who to believe?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

When Hennessy says 'Box Office' he means Sky Box Office, PPV.

Sky would have looked at Fury-Wilder and realised that the buy rate for that, at less than 7 days notice, wasn't going to be good enough.

Especially as Fast Eddie had already rescheduled all the Matchroom fighters on the card to the Joshua bill at the O2 the following week.

Last edited by rob-glos on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added last paragraph)

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm

azania wrote:All credit to them and well done Fury for trying to rescue the show by wanting to fight Wilder who obviously ducked out of it.

But midday Saturday morning?  For you English folks,  is that correct grammar?
Yeah, ducked him asking him to fight a week in advance... Rolling Eyes Why would you risk it, set it up properly if you can, giving yourself a training camp and everything.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
azania wrote:All credit to them and well done Fury for trying to rescue the show by wanting to fight Wilder who obviously ducked out of it.

Yeah, ducked him asking him to fight a week in advance... Rolling Eyes Why would you risk it, set it up properly if you can, giving yourself a training camp and everything.
Forget this Wilder duck talk. No ducking, just manouvering for the Haye rescheduling. Always going to be Haye, that's where the money is. Haye may even concede more money to get this made because he knows the public are furious with him (failry or not) over this

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:56 pm

Personally I'd love to see Wilder Vs. Chisora.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep 2013, 7:00 am

Im really hoping Wilder can be the man to re-invigorate the division in spite of myself. But I cant help feel suspicious about his teams unwillingness to put him in with anything other than a chinless human punchbag.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:36 am

even agreeing to fight Deontay Wilder on the 28th (if Team Wilder agreed),
'Sniff, sniff'. I smell bullsh**.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:37 am

rob-glos wrote:Especially as Fast Eddie had already rescheduled all the Matchroom fighters on the card to the Joshua bill at the O2 the following week.

Yeh, that looks a cracking bill now. So annoyed I've got a wedding that weekend or I'd be there!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:41 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:

I think we can write this off as classic Az WUM twittery again Alex...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:48 am

catchweight wrote:Im really hoping Wilder can be the man to re-invigorate the division in spite of myself. But I cant help feel suspicious about his teams unwillingness to put him in with anything other than a chinless human punchbag.
Oh come on. Offering a fight a week in advance is the equivalent of not offering it, and Fury's team know that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:05 am

Scottrf wrote:
catchweight wrote:Im really hoping Wilder can be the man to re-invigorate the division in spite of myself. But I cant help feel suspicious about his teams unwillingness to put him in with anything other than a chinless human punchbag.
Oh come on. Offering a fight a week in advance is the equivalent of not offering it, and Fury's team know that.
Im talking about his entire career. 4 or 5 years as a pro, 30 fights, all knockouts and the best he has been matched with is a geriatric Audley Harrison. Either he is not the prospect he appears to be or he must have the most risk averse manager in boxing history.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:18 am

Wilder has a glass jaw. He's another Price waiting to happen.

He was put down as an amateur and as a pro. Once by a fat guy with midget length arms and legs.

He won't be matched hard until there's serious money on the table.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down