The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A v2 Ulster / Tigers fans' meet-up in Leicester?

+6
Bathman_in_London
Notch
rodders
Pete330v2
LondonTiger
Portnoy's Complaint
10 posters

Go down

A v2 Ulster / Tigers fans' meet-up in Leicester? Empty A v2 Ulster / Tigers fans' meet-up in Leicester?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:25 am

I'm tentatively planning a meeting with Rava (ex-virgin of this parish) for what should be a key game in pool 5, round 6 of the HEC.

Anyone else interested? The event would probably involve pre and post match beers, natter, jokes, joshing, discussion and debate but no guaranteed blocks of seats/tickets etc.

All sides' supporters welcome in a repeat of one of v1 Da Pub's original gatherings.

Last edited by Portnoy's Complaint on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

A v2 Ulster / Tigers fans' meet-up in Leicester? Empty Re: A v2 Ulster / Tigers fans' meet-up in Leicester?

Post by LondonTiger Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:44 am

A lot will depend on the date and time of the match

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

A v2 Ulster / Tigers fans' meet-up in Leicester? Empty Re: A v2 Ulster / Tigers fans' meet-up in Leicester?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:50 am

LondonTiger wrote:A lot will depend on the date and time of the match
I know. But it gives so much additional time to pencil stuff in when the details are announced.

I can also then sort out details via pms and text/mobile/facebook for interested parties.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm

I may have to make that one myself, I think I must owe Rava a pint.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Would love to go but can't see it coming to pass. I wish you and your fine virgin friend much joy and success guinness .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Doubt I'll be able to make many (if any) away trips this year. Booo to being young and poor!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Notch wrote:Doubt I'll be able to make many (if any) away trips this year. Booo to being young and poor!
It beats being old and poor like me Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
Notch wrote:Doubt I'll be able to make many (if any) away trips this year. Booo to being young and poor!
Or middle-aged, father of daughters and poor. Best years behind me, years of poverty to come - yet weddings to pay for maybe?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:06 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Or middle-aged, father of daughters and poor. Best years behind me, years of poverty to come - yet weddings to pay for maybe?
My father in law managed to get away with contributing very little, so I wouldn't worry too much about that LT!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
drumroll 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:30 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Yeah I was going to chime in for some sympathy too but I don't feel so hard done by now...thanks LT! Very Happy 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:02 pm

rodders wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Yeah I was going to chime in for some sympathy too but I don't feel so hard done by now...thanks LT! Very Happy 
Three teenage daughters and a menopausal wife and poor? Any advance on that?

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 pm

I might be around depending on which day it falls. I'm usually playing for my club on Saturdays so unless It's a late kick off or a Friday or a Sunday I won't make it.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:38 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:I might be around depending on which day it falls. I'm usually playing for my club on Saturdays so unless It's a late kick off or a Friday or a Sunday I won't make it.
I bet you wouldn't be playing during a post-match session, Sam.
You could be the cabaret star!

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
How strange LT.... you read my mind... get out I say!
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Sounds like it might be fun. Would be nice to put a face to some of the names on here. Especially as The Pub is usually one of my stops on the way to the ground.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 pm

I might be in, but if it goes ahead can we put a ban on talking about the euro competition rubbish. I tend to get a bit grumpy about it!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:47 am

nathan wrote:I might be in, but if it goes ahead can we put a ban on talking about the euro competition rubbish. I tend to get a bit grumpy about it!
Beer + conversation = electricity + cattle prod. QED

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 pm

An impromptu gathering for some Anglo-Irish 606ers is arranged for Saturday @ 4pm.

Swan & Rushes back bar.

PM me for a contact no. if you re interested. It' bound to be busy.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down