The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India vs Australia, Only T-20

5 posters

Go down

India vs Australia, Only T-20 Empty India vs Australia, Only T-20

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:11 pm

October 10, marks the beginning of the long cricketing fever for India. In this T-20 India won the toss and elected to field on what is call to be the run scoring ground. Maddinson is the debutant from Australian side. Both the side looks quite balanced. Lets see what is there for the night.Good Luck to both the teams.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

India vs Australia, Only T-20 Empty Re: India vs Australia, Only T-20

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:13 pm

Finch and Maddinson are blasting their own way. Indian bowlers looking helpless. Aus 36(3).
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:15 pm

A huge 6 and a 4 to welcome Ishant.. Superb devastating batting from this 21 year guy.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:21 pm

Bhuvi Strikes...Wanted to play cross the line, Maddinnson clean bowled. 34(16).
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:24 pm

i don't like the selection of Ishant and Vinay Kumar.

Mohit and Sami should have been in
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm

Same here friend, what to say...These are Dhoni's favorite frontier. I don't like this crappy Ishant, just a useless bowler. Same is with Vinay. Aus 74-1 at the end of powerplay.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:41 pm

2 wickets for vinay, still can't impressed me.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:41 pm

ashwin's bad habits are visble again.....instead of keeping things simple......starts with too many variations.....instead of settling into a good simple spin bowl rythm
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:43 pm

Ashwin has lost us the game in 2 overs
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:44 pm

KP_fan wrote:ashwin's bad habits are visble again.....instead of keeping things simple......starts with too many variations.....instead of settling into a good  simple spin bowl rythm
He got the punishment from the million dollar boy.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:54 pm

Why Virat is bowling. Dhoni knew Vinay and Ishant are useless, still he go with them and at last use part timers.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:58 pm

Bhuvi strikes again. Haddin gone.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:25 pm

India chase down 201 with 2 balls remaining. Magnificent comeback to international cricket from Yuvraj Singh. Led the chase with a 35 ball 77 not out!. Welcome back Yuvi!.
Good contributions from Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli, and skipper Dhoni was ones again there at the finishing line.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:26 pm

On a side note, perhaps this thread can be merged with the other general thread.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:44 pm

Yuvraj batted like a man possesed...he has hunger, passion and desire to win...and be successsfull.
and I sense Zaheer also has a fire burning inside him.....

Gambhir althouhg more hungry than Sehwag......is not in the same league as above two.

and Sehwag...doesn't care for a career anymore
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:51 pm

The moment Sehwag decided to try for a middle order root to come back to the Indian team, his career was pretty much over. Sehwag the impact opener could have fitted into India's plans if he somehow managed to find form, but he never brought any asurances when it comes to reactive cricket that a middle order batsman has to play every so often. Sehwag was good at proactive cricket, and that was his only chance for team India, but admitting failure to stay in there, Sehwag managed to hasten the end of his international career.
It was a terrific display from Yuvraj, and a fit and on form Yuvraj is much much better than the likes of Dinesh Karthik or even Amati Rayudu, and he can take this ODI outfit to another level altogether. Good to see him showing such resolve with his career, just as he did with his life not too long ago.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:38 am

msp83 wrote:On a side note, perhaps this thread can be merged with the other general thread.
I feel we should have separate thread for each match, so that we could remember the proceeding, if in future we go through the forum. And regarding different issues we can discuss there on that thread. That's my opinion.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

subhranshu.kumar.5 wrote:
msp83 wrote:On a side note, perhaps this thread can be merged with the other general thread.
I feel we should have separate thread for each match, so that we could remember the proceeding, if in future we go through the forum. And regarding different issues we can discuss there on that thread. That's my opinion.
That's ideal Kumar. But I think a separate match thread doesn't often generate enough discussions. We need more people to join the forum. I think there are you, KPF, Shanki and myself who closely follow Indian cricket, there other regular posters who take an interest in issues, but the number of participants have to go up if there are to be meaningful debates on a match by match basis. Otherwise we should have a common thread for a series or a tour.
Anyways let the mods take a call.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm

Must admit I didn't watch much of the T20; from what I did see I thought Bailey's captaincy was strange: we had Coulter-Nile bowling full and straight with mid-off up to Yuvraj, and then deep extra for a wide yorker. This cost Australia 4 boundaries and probably the game. I'm also not sure why there weren't more back of a length balls or bouncers bowled to Yuvraj.

More generally I simply don't see the point of this series, besides to make money. The cricket world is really crying out for more contests to actually matter.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 11 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm

Whilst I agree that 7 matches is far too long , I don't see how an ODI series between the top 2 ranked ODI sides in the world can be termed pointless. Unless of course you belong to the "Test cricket is the only real cricket" community and I don't think you are among those, Mike. This is not an isolated ODI series unlike Australia's tour of England for a 5 match ODI series in 2012 or England's tour of India in October 2011 for 5 ODIs and a T20I.
This ODI series between India and Australia is not an isolated series but a part of a split tour which obviously consisted of 4 Tests in Feb-March earlier this year. I do think 7 ODIs is unnecessary and 5 would've been better but this ODI series is not for money but actually a part of a normal tour, which has been split. And I don't see why we should begrudge them the money earned.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:11 pm

Have to agree with Shanky here on the general context, but 7 games are far too much, and makes the series appear rather pointless and just a moneymaking exercise for a lot of people. A 5 match ODI series between the topped ranked and the 2nd ranked ODI sides, after one side received a thumping in the test matches early this year, would have made a world of difference to the series as such.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:13 pm

Though the Australia series has nothing to do with it, the way the BCCI is treating the South Africa also help negative perceptions build on this series. A larger point is that Australian test team is struggling, and their own domestic scheduling seems rather strange. All factors combined together have played a role in undermining the series as such.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:36 am

If viewed as a split series it does indeed make more sense, so thanks for pointing that out.

I certainly don't adhere to the point of view that test cricket is the only "real" cricket.

I agree with the consensus that a 5 match series is usually enough though (in rugby for example series consist of 3 matches, although I accept that this is commercially viable only thanks to warm-up matches which generate interest far beyond that which cricket could for similar matches).

Having said that I am going through a bit of an existential crisis at the moment in that it is the actual format of the bilateral series which I am not sure is relevant anymore without wider context. Now you could argue that the rankings provide such a context, but that is rather limited (it makes no real difference who the no 1 ranked ODI side is does it? it only makes a difference in tests because there is no test cricket world cup) and in any case the ranking system is inherently unfair because whilst the top countries play each other increasingly often (this existential crisis of mine was brought on by the overload of Eng-Aus matches we have had and are going to have) the scope for the other nations to rise up the rankings is extremely limited.

Anyway this is a different discussion entirely.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down