The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Vs Northampton

5 posters

Go down

Leicester Vs Northampton Empty Leicester Vs Northampton

Post by MR. scotland27 Sat 14 May 2011, 5:16 pm

What a great match, one of the best matches i have seen all year. So physical and incredibly intense with every player giving their all.

But there was obviously one major talking point and that is Manu Tuilangi. The most blatant punch I have ever seen, how he was not sent off is a mystery to me. I really like him and I think he will go a long way in this sport, but his actions are inexcuseable.

But don't let that detract from a great Tigers win. Thoughts and comments everyone?

MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Leicester Vs Northampton Empty Re: Leicester Vs Northampton

Post by On-the-Soar Sat 14 May 2011, 9:09 pm

Well, bearing in mind we've seen over 120 points in our last two home games, a scoreline of 0-0 after 35 minutes was very unusual! But what a game!!

Tigers tightened up their game 200% and played with a consistent intensity and a precision we've not seen for a while at Welford Road. Saints never really looked like scoring a try.

I suppose I've got to mention "the talking point". Manu's punch (or three!). Not sure who will learn more from the eposode - Manu, who will have to keep it under control if he wants to get to the top of the tree (which he surely can). Or Ashton, who needs to realise that not everybody will let him get away with being such a poser and such an irritating wind up! Maybe both will emerge from the scrutiny as better players.

For tonight, however, Ashton will just have to get over the fact that he was duffed up by a schoolboy!

Well done Tigers. Twickenham next stop. Good luck Saints in the final of the HEC (from a very satisfied Tigers fan).

On-the-Soar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2011, 12:34 am

As a Wales supporter since the mid-'50s, Manu Tuilagi's haymaker reminded me of the punch with which Brian Price, the Welsh captain, laid out Noel Murphy of Ireland at Cardiff Arms Park in 1969.

Price got away with it, but in those days touch judges couldn't help referees or recommend decisions. If the referee didn't see something clearly, which was often the case, players could and did get away scot free.

It's meant to be different nowadays, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 15 May 2011, 10:59 am

Guys I have posted a blog type affair regarding Tuilagi:

https://www.606v2.com/t4912-england-quality-give-me-a-break

It currently has an image in it (which is not allowed), which I am going to discuss with the other admin members as to whether we change the house rules to accommodate it on the blogs.

I am aiming to use these types of blogs to twitter and get them retweeted by bigger twitter accounts (like rugby mags etc) - so if you could comment, I would appreciate it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 17 May 2011, 3:55 pm

Just announced on the BBC Sport website: -

<<Leicester's Manu Tuilagi to face disciplinary hearing on Wednesday over Chris Ashton punch>>
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Desert_Tiger Thu 19 May 2011, 2:07 pm

Manu's been given a ban of ten weeks, reduced to five as a result of his youth and inexperience, good record, and remorse.

He'll miss the final next week as well as the Churchill Cup, and almost certainly won't go to New Zealand (though to be honest I never thought he would anyway, the World Cup isn't really the time to experiment with new young players - I'd expect to see him in next year's Six Nations).

Desert_Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down