The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Refereeing decisions you have seen in a game?

+15
lorus59
compelling and rich
monty junior
Hammersmith harrier
dummy_half
Good Golly I'm Olly
VTR
Ayrshirebhoy
super_realist
Stella
J.Benson II
RinoGattuso
Duty281
CFCNick
hbk48942
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worst Refereeing decisions you have seen in a game? Empty Worst Refereeing decisions you have seen in a game?

Post by hbk48942 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:59 pm

tonight refeering decisions are in the spot light because of certain things that have happened tonight , so was just wondering what is the worst refeering decision you have seen in a game?

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Worst Refereeing decisions you have seen in a game? Empty Re: Worst Refereeing decisions you have seen in a game?

Post by CFCNick Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm

Chris Foy gave Robben a 2nd yellow after he jumped into the Chelsea fans after scoring a late winner away at Sunderland.

I'll give some context. We went 1-0 down and went in at HT 1-1. After battering their goal for the whole 2nd half Robben finally finds the net and everyone in Chelsea colours went crazy. Arsenal and Liverpool both won the day before and United post to City so it was only Sunderland but it was a big win. Foy should have used common sense and just give him a talking to rather than send him off.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Worst Refereeing decisions you have seen in a game? Empty Re: Worst Refereeing decisions you have seen in a game?

Post by Duty281 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:14 pm

Lampard's goal v Germany in 2010 not being given.
Sol Campbell's goal disallowed v Portugal at Euro 2004.
Platt's disallowed goal v West Germany 1990.
Clear penalty not given for England v Argentina 1998.
Rooney being kicked to pieces by Portugal in 2006, and nothing being given.
Hand of God.
Terry being pulled over in the box v Italy 2012, and nothing being given.
Koeman not getting a red card v England 1993.

Any of those, where England have been cheated out of various tournaments. Has to be a conspiracy, it's happened too many times to be a mistake.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm

Pedro Mendes goal not given vs United in 05.
Aguero not getting sent off for stamping on David Luiz in last years FA Cup semi.
Henry handball vs Ireland.

and....... any decision is any game by Stuart Attwell.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm

Duty281 wrote:Lampard's goal v Germany in 2010 not being given.
Hand of God.

Any of those, where England have been cheated out of various tournaments. Has to be a conspiracy, it's happened too many times to be a mistake.
You sound like Celtic, always cheated, never defeated.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:25 pm

I wouldn't say always cheated, just a questionably high amount of refereeing decisions go against England. I mean the examples I listed - they're all as clear as day, expect maybe the Rooney one in 2006 which is open to interpretation. All the rest, the officials at the game saw something completely different to what everyone else saw.

And you have to question, why is that?

Why are the only 2 people in the world to see Lampard's shot not go over the line the officials?
Why is it only the linesman seeing Platt offside, when he's a yard on?
Why is Terry being pulled over in the box only missed by the people that matter?
How does Koeman escape a red card, when it is quite possibly the mst obvious red card in the history of football?

Why do these incidents happen to England at crucial moments?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:21 pm

No one likes you?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 11:24 pm

Exactly. FIFA hate us. Uefa hates us.

No surrender. England till I die.

We may be cheated, like English clubs in Europe are, but they shall never take my unconquerable spirit.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 19 Oct 2013, 11:31 pm

UEFA also hate Chelsea because we're the only ones who can consistently beat their babies Barcelona. In the last decade we've finish ahead of them 3 times out of 5. 4 knockout ties and one year we topped them in the group stage. One of their two triumphs was thanks to that part-time naughty naughty boy Norwegian ref.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 20 Oct 2013, 3:10 pm

Graham Poll giving Josip Simunic three yellow cards in the Australia - Croatia WC 2006 match is a pretty memorable example of bad refereeing.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 21 Oct 2013, 9:29 am

This happened to me.

The ball was coming towards me, took a massive bobble, thanks to your usual council pitch, and I missed it. I then said 'fu....g h..l . Next thing, the ref blows his whistle, and sends me off for swearing. Every player was stunned.

On a pro pitch?

Nani getting sent off against Madrid. Anyone who's played the game, will see he was trying to control the ball, and never saw the Madrid player.

Spain's so called off side against England in Euro 96. He was very very clearly on, and you could see that live.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 21 Oct 2013, 9:34 am

Hand of God.

Owen (1998 and 2002) and Gerrard being awarded numerous penalties for blatant diving that they freely admit to. Hypocrisy?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Mon 21 Oct 2013, 9:42 am

Hand of God.

The one where sol used the Portugal defender as a step ladder?

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 21 Oct 2013, 9:45 am

I cannot remember Platt's disallowed goal in 1990???

Maradona's hand ball and Koeman's red are the two that stand out which have gone against us (England).
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 10:59 am

SR - They both looked like penalties to me. And you've said Gerrard died for numerous ones - any examples?

AB - I think Sol Campbell pushed John Terry out the way; he was the only one though.

Stella - It happened deep into extra-time, I think. It was a cross from a free-kick and Platt nodded it in - but was incorrectly flagged offside.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:03 am

Kanu's handball when scoring the only goal in Pompey's FA Cup semi-final win over my Albion in 2008. Obvious to everyone in the ground, and we lost out on an FA Cup final Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:05 am

Duty281 wrote:SR - They both looked like penalties to me. And you've said Gerrard died for numerous ones - any examples?

AB - I think Sol Campbell pushed John Terry out the way; he was the only one though.

Stella - It happened deep into extra-time, I think. It was a cross from a free-kick and Platt nodded it in - but was incorrectly flagged offside.
TBH duty, that incident escapes me? Not saying it didn't happen of course.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:06 am

Duty281 wrote:SR - They both looked like penalties to me. And you've said Gerrard died for numerous ones - any examples?

That would be convenient.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:08 am

I did of course mean dived!

Stella - Have a look at the West Germany-England game on youtube, it happened at about the 110th minute.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:12 am

Not that I think it was a completely terrible decision but did Sol Campbell also have a goal disallowed in 1998? Then Argentina went on the break and nearly scored at the other end!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:19 am

Duty281 wrote:I did of course mean dived!

Stella - Have a look at the West Germany-England game on youtube, it happened at about the 110th minute.
I just watched an 8 minute video, and there's nothing?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:22 am

VTR wrote:Not that I think it was a completely terrible decision but did Sol Campbell also have a goal disallowed in 1998? Then Argentina went on the break and nearly scored at the other end!
Yes. Alan Shearer's fat arse and fat elbows cost Sol a goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:34 am

Stella wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0xf3WuuVl4

Skip to 1:56:00

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

Duty281 wrote:
Stella wrote:

Thanks Duty. I still can't remember it, although I was 18 and a little drunk when I watched this Very Happy  Looked on didn't he.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Oct 2013, 5:43 pm

There's far too many for me to list here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 21 Oct 2013, 7:35 pm

Stella wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Stella wrote:

Thanks Duty. I still can't remember it, although I was 18 and a little drunk when I watched this Very Happy  Looked on didn't he.
Level with the right back (who drops back half a step as Waddle takes the kick). Certainly on side to the current interpretation of the Laws. A quick Wikipedia check says that the change in the Law so that level counted as on side was implemented in 1990, probably for the World Cup (I never understood why FIFA make these major rule changes immediately before the WC finals) so Platt should have been considered onside to the revision of the Laws that had been in use for about 3 weeks.

Odd that no-one seems to remember this one, but remembers Waddle's shot coming back off the inside of the post.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 21 Oct 2013, 7:45 pm

Stella wrote:I cannot remember Platt's disallowed goal in 1990???

Maradona's hand ball and Koeman's red are the two that stand out which have gone against us (England).
Too be fair in regards to the Holland - England 93 qualifier, Holland had a legitimate goal wrongly ruled out in that very same game.
The Koeman incident just really evened stuff out.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:03 pm

The Nani red card still annoys me now, de-railed our whole season where thankfully we were so far ahead in the league it didn't matter.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 9:32 am

Tbf, accidental or not, Nani could have caved Arbeloa's chest in. It was dangerous play, and I'd have given it too if I was the ref. Some red cards aren't just for breaking someone's leg or for being the last man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Oct 2013, 9:34 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Tbf, accidental or not, Nani could have caved Arbeloa's chest in. It was dangerous play, and I'd have given it too if I was the ref. Some red cards aren't just for breaking someone's leg or for being the last man.
You ever played Football before Azzy?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 9:55 am

Oh bravo, that's a very mature response. Just because I happen to see the danger in Nani going in studs up, foot into chest, you have to resort to insults. Brilliant clap

Nani knew Arbeloa was coming, although not exactly when. He went for the ball, missed, and caught him with his studs in his chest. What was the ref meant to do? It was a stupid, reckless, pointless tackle, and as other say, cost United a shot at the Champions League in Sir Alex's final season.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:09 am

Panucci throwing Alan Hutton to the ground by the corner flag, some how getting a free kick and then scoring it to end our chances of qualification. Probably bribed by the Mafia, no other reasoning for such a terrible decision.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:36 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Oh bravo, that's a very mature response. Just because I happen to see the danger in Nani going in studs up, foot into chest, you have to resort to insults. Brilliant clap

Nani knew Arbeloa was coming, although not exactly when. He went for the ball, missed, and caught him with his studs in his chest. What was the ref meant to do? It was a stupid, reckless, pointless tackle, and as other say, cost United a shot at the Champions League in Sir Alex's final season.
C'mom, it was a sensible question, and I wasn't being funny, just curious. And, he was trying to control the ball, not tackle anyone. It was an accident that the Madrid player got hit, no more.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:52 am

I don't have much sympathy for Nani to be honest.
Made a reckless tackle and then followed it through with some laughable theatrics to make it appear that he was the one who was hurt. Rolling Eyes 

Besides, there were key decisions that went in favour of United in the very same game. Real having a legitimate goal wrongly disallowed and also being denied a clear penalty after Rafael's handball spring to mind.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:54 am

Okay, I'll let you off. Although it may have been an accident, he catches Arbeloa with his studs, in his chest. There's nothing the ref can do but send him off, and it was a stupid tackle to get into, with the ball bouncing so high. He'd have been better off going in with his head, and Arbeloa maybe getting sent off instead. Nani is solely to blame for the red, not the ref, not Arbeloa, just Nani and his recklessness.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:05 am

nanis wasn't a red, saw about 3 similar tackles after we were knocked out and none of them was red. simply a accident, no different than when a player goes to kick a ball when a defender gets his head to it he kicks him in the head. looks a nasty challenge but no malice and just one of those things.

think some bias against united shows, bet you it wouldn't have been a red if it were your own player in the same situation

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:11 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Okay, I'll let you off. Although it may have been an accident, he catches Arbeloa with his studs, in his chest. There's nothing the ref can do but send him off, and it was a stupid tackle to get into, with the ball bouncing so high. He'd have been better off going in with his head, and Arbeloa maybe getting sent off instead. Nani is solely to blame for the red, not the ref, not Arbeloa, just Nani and his recklessness.
We'll agree to disagree thumbsup I saw it differently, like many others. I shall add, many look at it like you as well.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:55 am

Nani should never have been sent off. Had his eyes on the ball, lifted his leg...and missed. Sent off for "dangerous play".

I guess no one should go for the ball then - what if you try to kick the thing, miss, and accidentally make contact with someone? Dangerous play?

Let's just all hold hands in the centre circle, and sing "all things bright and beautiful" - nothing dangerous in that.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:03 pm

Duty281 wrote:Nani should never have been sent off. Had his eyes on the ball, lifted his leg...and missed. Sent off for "dangerous play".

I guess no one should go for the ball then - what if you try to kick the thing, miss, and accidentally make contact with someone? Dangerous play?

Let's just all hold hands in the centre circle, and sing "all things bright and beautiful" - nothing dangerous in that.
I agree 100%

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

compelling and rich wrote:think some bias against united shows, bet you it wouldn't have been a red if it were your own player in the same situation
Are you for real? The only bias involving United is FOR them, not against them. Over the last 20 years they have benefitted from the most extraordinary amount of dodgy decisions, and just plain wrong ones. The reason this one causes United fans so much pain is because if it was in the PL, the ref would have ignored it. But with a proper ref, it was dealt with as it should be - a dangerous, studs up kick to the chest. Accidental or not, that is a red card 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

And yes, if that was Saido Berahino playing against Real Madrid, that's a red card for him too. And he'd have 40,000 irate tweets from Albion fans all blaming him for his stupidity when he got his phone out after his early shower. Any player that is dumb enough to go for the ball like that takes his life in his own hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm

I wonder why a lot of other similar incidents haven't been met with a red card then?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by hbk48942 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

as i can remember Carlton Cole and Darren Gibson got red cards last season for silmilar incidents in the same game but both got rescinded.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:12 pm

In the Premier League, because refs have no clue about the rules nowadays. And are scared to make the correct decision for fear of abuse from angry fans (I sympathise).

In the CL, not sure. But you can't have rules that you don't enforce, just because someone else didn't get a red card in a different game. If the call is there to be made, then the studs up, running in at pace, chest-high kick to the opponent is a red card.

There is only one person to blame here - Nani. And there is only one person who should be answering these questions - Nani. I've never seen an Albion player go for a ball like that in such a fashion, and certainly never seen an Albion player kick an opponent in the chest like Nani did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:16 pm

As you say: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2253648/Carlton-Cole-Darron-Gibson-red-cards-overturned.html

The Cole one was closest to Nani, but a) he catches Baines side on, b) it was the PL, where raised feet aren't penalised so much, and c) Baines got up straight away because he wasn't hurt.

Nani catches Arbeloa square in the chest, it was a European game, where it's known that a high foot is a no-no, and Arbeloa appeared injured. And seeing as Nani did too, the ref must have thought it was a bad one!

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:18 pm

There were two similar challenges that got red cards in the Villa-Chelsea game last season. Ramires and Benteke both got sent off. Think one was a straight red and the other was a 2nd yellow. Those two were both soft but deserved by today's standards.

The Nani one is a red card every time for me.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Oct 2013, 1:55 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:think some bias against united shows, bet you it wouldn't have been a red if it were your own player in the same situation
Are you for real? The only bias involving United is FOR them, not against them. Over the last 20 years they have benefitted from the most extraordinary amount of dodgy decisions, and just plain wrong ones. The reason this one causes United fans so much pain is because if it was in the PL, the ref would have ignored it. But with a proper ref, it was dealt with as it should be - a dangerous, studs up kick to the chest. Accidental or not, that is a red card 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

And yes, if that was Saido Berahino playing against Real Madrid, that's a red card for him too. And he'd have 40,000 irate tweets from Albion fans all blaming him for his stupidity when he got his phone out after his early shower. Any player that is dumb enough to go for the ball like that takes his life in his own hands.
your attitude kind of sums my point, i wasn't referring to the refs bias but fans bias against us. the old united get everything there way so about time they got a bad decision against them so nani was a red. there are not two different rules for premiership football and european football just simply that premiership refs are better and often will use common sense. reffing on the continent can be down right awful at times. not a ounce of physicality left in the game

the two in the everton v west ham game were very similar to nani, the fa both rescinded them both, which is something they very seldom do. so there panel of experts thought it was wrong enough to go against the ref decision. something they always try to protect

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Oct 2013, 1:59 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:In the Premier League, because refs have no clue about the rules nowadays. And are scared to make the correct decision for fear of abuse from angry fans (I sympathise).

In the CL, not sure. But you can't have rules that you don't enforce, just because someone else didn't get a red card in a different game. If the call is there to be made, then the studs up, running in at pace, chest-high kick to the opponent is a red card.

There is only one person to blame here - Nani. And there is only one person who should be answering these questions - Nani. I've never seen an Albion player go for a ball like that in such a fashion, and certainly never seen an Albion player kick an opponent in the chest like Nani did.
your making out like this was de jong effort in the world cup final, it was nothing like that. he went to bring the ball down from a very difficult angle and a player challenged him while his foot was raised. when terry got knocked out why wasn't the player who kicked him in the head sent off? because it was simply a accident with no mallice and a good ref know this,

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Oct 2013, 2:01 pm

CFCNick wrote:There were two similar challenges that got red cards in the Villa-Chelsea game last season. Ramires and Benteke both got sent off. Think one was a straight red and the other was a 2nd yellow. Those two were both soft but deserved by today's standards.

The Nani one is a red card every time for me.
if one was similar but only got a yellow and that was soft how was nani's a straight red?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 22 Oct 2013, 2:08 pm

I don't think Nani's challenge was a red card but his theatrics that followed it just made him look more guilty than anything.

And as I've said before, poor decisions went in favour of United in the very same game - Real having a goal wrongly disallowed and also being denied a clear penalty after Rafael's handball.

Both incidents conveniently forgotton by United fans. Rolling Eyes 

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Oct 2013, 2:14 pm

J.Benson II wrote:I don't think Nani's challenge was a red card but his theatrics that followed it just made him look more guilty than anything.  

And as I've said before, poor decisions went in favour of United in the very same game - Real having a goal wrongly disallowed and also being denied a clear penalty after Rafael's handball.

Both incidents conveniently forgotton by United fans. Rolling Eyes 
i repress anything that's bad against united Whistle Whistle 

but seriously i was fairly tipsy watching it so dont remember them properly live, where as the nani was shown time and time again before during and after, it was much easier to get a clear headed idea of what happened. the others weren't really shown

i agree nani's a d!ck, being a d!ck (unfortunately) isn't a red card offence though. drogba would have missed more games than Suarez!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next