The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Ratcliffe

3 posters

Go down

Jason Ratcliffe Empty Jason Ratcliffe

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Sun 15 May - 20:56

I have just read an article titled " On This Day 2000" (13th May)

Apparently Jason Ratcliffe announced his retirement from international cricket informing selectors that he was no longer avaliable,
Now I remeber Ratty as a solid performing for Surrey always dependable when called upon but I don't even remeber him as a regular for our county side never mind being anywhere near an international team???

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Jason Ratcliffe Empty Re: Jason Ratcliffe

Post by guildfordbat Sun 15 May - 23:18

Depressed - your memory is spot on. I suspect the comment was made tongue in cheek or has come from a spoof site.

These days Ratty is a leading figure at the Professional Cricketers Association.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 15 May - 23:29

Nice one thumbsup I suppose a current equivalent would be Jon Batty announcing his retirement from international cricket (presumably so that he could devote all his energies to keep Chris from Stroud happy!)

Mind you, Batty is a regular for Gloucs - so maybe Chris Spriegel could announce with regret that he is not available for consideration for England this summer.... Or The Viscount!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 16 May - 6:37

After his match winning performance today with bat and ball Spriegel should probably put any declaration of non availability on hold.... Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down