The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606v2 Cricket Hall of Fame

+2
kingraf
Hoggy_Bear
6 posters

Go down

606v2 Cricket Hall of Fame Empty 606v2 Cricket Hall of Fame

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 am

Attention!! Attention!!

Starting this week, the latest installment of the greatest debates on these boards, nay, perhaps the greatest debates on the whole of the World Wide Web. The 606v2 Cricket Hall of Fame!!

Forget trivial questions concerning the meaning of life, how to cure Western capitalism or whether GTA V is, like, the greatest thing like, ever, and contemplte instead the intricate philosophical connotations of Monty Noble's batting average, or whether the likes of Michael Bevan deserve their place amongst a pantheon of cricketing greats that already includes W.G. Grace, Don Bradman, Gary Sobers and Fred Titmus!!

Tell your friends. Tell your enemies. Tell all those people on Facebook who you don't really know but who you've befriended anyway because it makes you look more popular!!

You, on the motorcycle.!!

Everyone welcome. The more the merrier.!!

Come to the 606v2 cricket board and put forward the names of those cricketers who you believe deserve the ultimate accolade of entry into the 606v2 Hall of Fame* and

let the debate begin!!

(*2 names only per person, please refer to lists of those already chosen available on web-page, sensible suggestions only, no time wasters, terms and conditions apply)

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

606v2 Cricket Hall of Fame Empty Re: 606v2 Cricket Hall of Fame

Post by kingraf Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Gary Kirsten (including his work as a coach)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Kirsten is an interesting shout raf.

Would be good to see regular contributors to threads on here join the debate. I'm not sure about the whole of the www, but certainly some of the debates we've had are the most enjoyable, informative and interesting that I've experienced.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Waqar Younus.

I couldn't see that he'd been nominated but a man with a bowling record like his should be in, especially if Bob Willis gets the nod.

One of the best quickies in the test arena, and arguably the best ODI fast men ever.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Waqar is in... The complete list is in one of my posts on the latest page.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Mike Selig wrote:Waqar is in... The complete list is in one of my posts on the latest page.
Sorry, did look, but not hard enough Very Happy 

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:01 pm

I must be honest, I generally try to keep away from Hall of Fame debates, I'm a little out of depth there, and hate discussing anyone I haven't at least seen on UTube. Always believed that if you strongly debate only what you know - you look a lot smarter... Nonetheless won't mind discussing those I have an informed opinion on
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Hoggy - Fred Titmus is I think currently in the pending tray?  

"Tell all those people on Facebook who you don't really know but who you've befriended anyway because it makes you look more popular!!" laughing laughing

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Hoggy - Fred Titmus is I think currently in the pending tray?  
Poetic license corporal

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Kingraf and others, would be very happy to welcome you over there. I wouldn't say not having seen the players in action would prevent you from having an informed choice, the research I did on some of them has given me a lot of happiness as such, but if you feel you won't be able to formulate such a view without having seen them action, do come in for those you've seen in action.
Not only the HoF section, even the domestic cricket section need a bit more energy, there were good county cricket discussions over there earlier, and as KP_Fan started off an India domestic season thread last year, we've created a section for domestic cricket. Last year we had threads on Australia, South Africa and New Zealand threads as well. County cricket generated debates this year as well. The India Domestic season thread is going strong for this year and you all are welcomed over there, and I also look forward to knoing a bit more about domestic cricket elsewhere as well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down