The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA announces some good news for UK fans

+3
XR
Marky
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

TNA announces some good news for UK fans Empty TNA announces some good news for UK fans

Post by Adam D Mon 28 Oct 2013, 8:44 pm

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will tape its first ever international Pay-Per-View events in the UK, as part of the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour in January and Following on from all the recent rumours about TNA and its future, some great news has emerged for British fans of the promotion.

For the first time ever, TNA have announced that they are due to record their TNA One Night Only Series in both Manchester and Birmingham, in addition to the TV tapings in Glasgow and London.

Below is the full statement:

TNA ONE NIGHT ONLY: BRITISH EMPIRE CUP will take place at the Manchester Phones 4u Arena on Friday January 31, with TNA ONE NIGHT ONLY: JOKER’S WILD 2 coming to the Birmingham NIA on Sunday February 2. The highly-anticipated PPV events, the first ever to be held outside of America, will be broadcast around the world later in 2014.

The addition of these events means that the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour will see four very special individual TNA tapings take place in the UK for the first time ever.

TNA previously announced that flagship weekly TV show IMPACT WRESTLING will be broadcast live from Glasgow’s new Hydro Arena on Thursday January 30, followed by a TV taping at Wembley Arena, London, on Saturday February 1.

TNA ONE NIGHT ONLY: BRITISH EMPIRE CUP will see eight of the world’s greatest wrestlers battle it out in a one-night tournament. Seven top TNA IMPACT WRESTLING superstars will be joined by an eighth competitor, the winner of a TNA signature gauntlet battle royal featuring well-known British and international stars. The eight warriors will have to go through a gruelling and high-octane knockout competition to win the British Empire Cup, which will then be defended each year on TNA’s UK Tours. The event will also feature TNA’s lovely and lethal Knockouts fighting for their own trophy.

TNA ONE NIGHT ONLY: JOKER’S WILD 2 sees a first round of intriguing tag team matches, where old partners or bitter enemies may be drawn to work together. The victorious pairings then advance to a winner-takes-all gauntlet battle royal, where it's every man for himself with a prize of £100,000 on the line to the last man standing.

TNA also today announces NINE more wrestlers for the MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour – Olympic Gold Medallist Kurt Angle, TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp winner Rockstar Spud, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Brooke, ODB, Knux, Robbie E and Jessie Godderz.

They will join Bully Ray, Magnus, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, Manik, James Storm, Gunner and Gail Kim on all four shows.

TNA President Dixie Carter said: “Along with the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING superstars and staff, I am ecstatic to again experience the unparalleled passion and energy of our fans in the UK.

“As TNA continues global expansion and IMPACT WRESTLING ratings on Challenge TV continue to skyrocket, for the first time in our company’s history we have the pleasure of showcasing the incredible UK fans to the rest of the world through FOUR individual broadcast events planned during the MAXIMUM IMPACT VI tour.”

Kurt Angle added: “I absolutely love coming to the UK, as does everyone on the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING roster, so I am delighted to be returning in 2014.

“The UK fans have been begging us to hold a PPV over there for years, so I can’t wait to tape TWO of them and make another piece of British wrestling history.”

To coincide with the announcement, TNA is releasing a special Family Package ticket offer for the MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour.

Running through until the end of November, those purchasing four tickets across any price band will receive a 20 per cent discount – meaning a family of four can experience TNA IMPACT WRESTLING live from just £72, plus booking fee. Of the four people attending, a maximum of two can be adults (over 16). ID may be checked on arrival to confirm those entering on child tickets are under 16.

Tickets are on sale now via www.gigsandtours.com/go/tnafan, www.ticketmaster.co.uk, www.facebook.com/tnawrestlinguk or direct from the tour venues. Full details of the UK events are:

Thursday 30 January 2014 Glasgow The SSE Hydro 0844 811 0051

Friday 31 January 2014 Manchester Phones 4u Arena 0844 847 8000

Saturday 01 February 2014 London Wembley Arena 0844 815 0815

Sunday 02 February 2014 Birmingham NIA 0844 338 8000

Footage for TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will also be taped live in Dublin, Ireland, when the MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour comes to the National Stadium on Wednesday January 29. TNA will have further news on this very special event shortly. Tickets for the Dublin show can be bought from www.ticketmaster.ie.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

TNA announces some good news for UK fans Empty Re: TNA announces some good news for UK fans

Post by Marky Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm

They'll be great shows but 2013/2014 is not the year for pre-taped PPV's.

Marky

Back to top Go down

TNA announces some good news for UK fans Empty Re: TNA announces some good news for UK fans

Post by XR Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:38 am

Lol, TNA is just horrendous. Not only are they doing a pre-tape PPV but they've also used the name of a WWE PPV. That WWE PPV was also recorded in the UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_One_Night_Only

What can top that? Oh yeah the "British Empire Cup". Good lord, it's just cringeworthy.

As for 'Jokers Wild', is that where everyone just laughs at the product because they don't need a PPV in the Uk for that to happen.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:51 am

gcBlues wrote:Lol, TNA is just horrendous. Not only are they doing a pre-tape PPV but they've also used the name of a WWE PPV. That WWE PPV was also recorded in the UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_One_Night_Only

What can top that? Oh yeah the "British Empire Cup". Good lord, it's just cringeworthy.

As for 'Jokers Wild', is that where everyone just laughs at the product because they don't need a PPV in the Uk for that to happen.
The pre-taped PPVs are not full PPVs (of course you'd know this if you watched TNA...) They are more one night showcases and have nothing to do with storylines, they tend to be tournaments

Oh and using a WWE name? The one night only TNA PPVs have been around for over a eyar now

British Empire looks intriguing, Jokers Wild is always a bit meh but it did give us Magnus/Joe as a team a while back which was solid

Typical WWE Fanboy comments, im sorry but they are. What have you added to this thread by saying TNA is just horrendous.... If WWE did this you would be championing it

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:40 am

This will be a good wee boost for TNA, they always get good crowds over in the UK and it will make their (Jefferson) Impact shows and the PPV's look a bit more big time.

The only worry I have about doing these pre-tape PPV's is taping them months and months in advance of when they'll be actually shown. They already did a bundle of them earlier this year and by the time they're shown there could be multiple changes to the roster.

If I remember rightly, Matt Morgan won a battle royal or some kind of tournament on one of these PPV's and then a couple of months later he was gone. I understand that they are supposed to be one offs that don't necessarily contribute to storylines but some semblance of continuity would be nice.

As for the British Empire Cup, I reckon a Magnus win would go down well in his hometown of Glasgow, Scotland (I know, I know but Davey Boy Smith at various times in his career said that London, Birmingham, Manchester & Leeds were his hometown Smile) and the Joker's Wild tournament should definitely incorporate a (reluctant) Beer Money reunion.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 29 Oct 2013, 4:43 pm

Cool! I've really enjoyed the last couple of Maximum Impact tours.

Just one thing...I can't wait to see the Scottish fans' response to Magnus being billed as hailing from Glasgow. Laugh

Wonder if they'll rename his Kings Lynn Cloverleaf move to the Kinloss Cloverleaf or something?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 30 Oct 2013, 1:50 pm

Gregers wrote:Typical WWE Fanboy comments, im sorry but they are. What have you added to this thread by saying TNA is just horrendous.... If WWE did this you would be championing it
Fanboy? How do you know what i watch?

And championing what exactly? WWE doing a show in the UK? They already do, moron, they do the live shows and also they do their tv shows here. This is a million times above what TNA are producing and also on a much larger scale.

I'm not a fanboy of any company, if something isn't to my liking i will say so. TNA had a good thing going in the mid 00's but this need from the people involved to be WWE has just ruined them. Who in their right mind thinks Hogan & Bischoff would make them a big deal? It's not the mid 90's anymore, hogan ain't relevant anymore. With those 2 gone they have a chance to actually go back to what they did and that is to put on great matches and not get caught up in terrible storylines. Hasn't AJ Style just threatened to or has 'left' the company as a champion? I wonder where that's come from?

So wind your neck in young man, i can guarantee that i watch a wider range of wrestling than you do and just because you don't like someone's comments about a company you watch, doesn't make them a 'fanboy' of something else. Now, i think you should listen to your mum and clean your room, otherwise you won't be getting your pocket money this week. Which, for a 22 year old, is pretty sad.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleted1 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 2:19 pm

gcBlues wrote:
Gregers wrote:Typical WWE Fanboy comments, im sorry but they are. What have you added to this thread by saying TNA is just horrendous.... If WWE did this you would be championing it
Fanboy? How do you know what i watch?

And championing what exactly? WWE doing a show in the UK? They already do, moron, they do the live shows and also they do their tv shows here. This is a million times above what TNA are producing and also on a much larger scale.

I'm not a fanboy of any company, if something isn't to my liking i will say so. TNA had a good thing going in the mid 00's but this need from the people involved to be WWE has just ruined them. Who in their right mind thinks Hogan & Bischoff would make them a big deal? It's not the mid 90's anymore, hogan ain't relevant anymore. With those 2 gone they have a chance to actually go back to what they did and that is to put on great matches and not get caught up in terrible storylines. Hasn't AJ Style just threatened to or has 'left' the company as a champion? I wonder where that's come from?

So wind your neck in young man, i can guarantee that i watch a wider range of wrestling than you do and just because you don't like someone's comments about a company you watch, doesn't make them a 'fanboy' of something else. Now, i think you should listen to your mum and clean your room, otherwise you won't be getting your pocket money this week. Which, for a 22 year old, is pretty sad.
This!

Deleted1

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 01 Nov 2013, 8:17 am

wiki wrote:Rampage was expected to face former training partner and fellow former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz on November 2 at Bellator 106. However, on October 25, Bellator announced Ortiz suffered a neck injury and had to pull out of his fight with Jackson.
Now that is just unlucky!! Laugh 

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 8:41 am

Adam D wrote:
wiki wrote:Rampage was expected to face former training partner and fellow former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz on November 2 at Bellator 106. However, on October 25, Bellator announced Ortiz suffered a neck injury and had to pull out of his fight with Jackson.
Now that is just unlucky!! Laugh 
Reading on the Bellator website that Ortiz suffered a fractured neck (or should that be a broken freakin' neck?) and has been replaced by Joey Beltran.

Anyone know if Tito's doing the same deal that Rampage and King Mo (Remember him? Me neither!) supposedly have where they're going to split their time between TNA & Bellator? Or was his dealio with Aces & Eights just going to be used to promote his fight with Rampage?

Hope Rampage gives wrestling a proper shot, if he takes to the in-ring stuff then I think he could be a draw for TNA - not on BRAAAAAAWK LESSSSSSNAR levels obviously but he could definitely pull in some more viewers.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 01 Nov 2013, 8:46 am

I blame Hogan.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 8:49 am

Pity they've already replaced Tito in that fight, would have been the perfect opportunity for AJ Styles to step in and defend the TNA World title.

Missed the boat there Bellator!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:16 am

It would have made more sense for it to be King Mo to take his place!

Talking of which:

Ohio Valley Wrestling (2013)King Mo made his professional wrestling debut in OVW defeating VIP Club's Austin Bradley. In Episode #716 on May 11 2013, he made his TV debut defeating J-Best of VIP Club via submission.At OVW's Saturday Night Special, He defeated the leader of The VIP Club, Joe Rosa. On August 21, 2013, King Mo defeated Jessie Godderz at the OVW television taping.

Who knew that!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:44 am

Hey whaddaya know, King Mo be wrestling!

King Mo to win the Bound for Glory Series in 2014!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 01 Nov 2013, 4:58 pm

Adam D wrote:I blame Hogan.
Laugh

But Hogan knows best...apparently (well, it was on TV, so it must be true, right?)

mo1  mo1  mo1  (just to kickstart Mo-vember)
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down