The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG v Stevens and where after?

+8
John Bloody Wayne
BoxingFan88
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Lance
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Seanusarrilius
12 posters

Go down

GGG v Stevens and where after? Empty GGG v Stevens and where after?

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 12:31

Big fan of GGG, and not just for his power. Subtle movements, exellent at cutting off ring and opening up defence. People who say he is just a punch have never seen his amatuer record. That said, we need to see him in with a top middle soon.

I appreciate he is being avoided. Quilling doesn't want him at all, Barker doesn't either. So what does he do? I would love to see him in with Junior, if Junior can stay at 160. Big name and easy work for GGG. Murray might go for him, if there are no other options too. Tough night for Murray, but he's a tough man, and I think he might take it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

GGG v Stevens and where after? Empty Re: GGG v Stevens and where after?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 12:32

Would love to see him vacate his belt and go up the rankings for Quillan. Would be funny to see if Kid Chocolate would actually produce "chocolate" in his pants!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 12:36

Kid Chocolate could barely handle Rosado coming at him, GGG would have him birthing kittens in betweent he 4 rounds he would survive

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 12:42

Dont rate Quillan at all. Seems to be destined to fighting on undercards the rest of his life even though hes a title holder.

Plus he is all talk no substance. Would love to see him in a position where he had nowhere to hide
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 13:16

Listen to me people.

I have been saying this since the fight was announced.

STEVENS WILL KO GGG.

Big left hook, GGG won't see it coming. The best left hook since Smoking Joe.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 13:40

Okay then ONETWO.........

GGG via KO between rounds 4-6.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 13:43

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Listen to me people.

I have been saying this since the fight was announced.

STEVENS WILL KO GGG.

Big left hook, GGG won't see it coming. The best left hook since Smoking Joe.
Never happen. Stevens KO's bums. That is all

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 13:52

I like Gennady. Hes far less of a hype job than Matthysse and seems to have far more at his disposal than just an aggressive bully with power. I think hes a class act. Still I think Quilin is being very harshly dismissed on this board at times. Golovkin needs to step his opposition up just as badly as Quilin does, and I don't see a guy as arrogant and confident as Quilin being scared of anyone. Wether his confidence turns out out be misplaced or not. Both Golovkin and Quilin are being brought along patiently by their promoters and I don't see either of them being any more to blame than the other as regards to this fight not being on the horizon. Golovkin has been more impressive with his power but hes always going to look more impressive than a boxer like Quilin, who I don't think we will see the best of until he needs it. Golovkin certainly hasn't beaten anybody as good as Quilin yet, and it will be interesting to see him fight somebody with some speed.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 14:02

Lance wrote:I like Gennady. Hes far less of a hype job than Matthysse and seems to have far more at his disposal than just an aggressive bully with power. I think hes a class act. Still I think Quilin is being very harshly dismissed on this board at times. Golovkin needs to step his opposition up just as badly as Quilin does, and I don't see a guy as arrogant and confident as Quilin being scared of anyone. Wether his confidence turns out out be misplaced or not. Both Golovkin and Quilin are being brought along patiently by their promoters and I don't see either of them being any more to blame than the other as regards to this fight not being on the horizon. Golovkin has been more impressive with his power but hes always going to look more impressive than a boxer like Quilin, who I don't think we will see the best of until he needs it. Golovkin certainly hasn't beaten anybody as good as Quilin yet, and it will be interesting to see him fight somebody with some speed.
You make some good points re GGG level of opp thus far. But having seen a 2nd tier fighter like Rosado able to corner Quillin, I would have to think GGG would murder him there. That said, fighters can have a bad night

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 15:45

Really like watching GGG, he's a come forward boxer with great technique, good footwork and a lot of power

I hope he wins, and providing he doesn't get over confident and get caught by something silly (which Stevens has enough power that he will pay for his mistake) he should, most likely by KO

Would love to see him wipe out Jr. And Quillin then get the big Martinez fight he wants. He's a danger to anyone and even guys at 168 won't be too keen on facing him, but if he keeps winning in style the people will start calling for him against the big names

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 16:37

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Lance wrote:I like Gennady. Hes far less of a hype job than Matthysse and seems to have far more at his disposal than just an aggressive bully with power. I think hes a class act. Still I think Quilin is being very harshly dismissed on this board at times. Golovkin needs to step his opposition up just as badly as Quilin does, and I don't see a guy as arrogant and confident as Quilin being scared of anyone. Wether his confidence turns out out be misplaced or not. Both Golovkin and Quilin are being brought along patiently by their promoters and I don't see either of them being any more to blame than the other as regards to this fight not being on the horizon. Golovkin has been more impressive with his power but hes always going to look more impressive than a boxer like Quilin, who I don't think we will see the best of until he needs it. Golovkin certainly hasn't beaten anybody as good as Quilin yet, and it will be interesting to see him fight somebody with some speed.
You make some good points re GGG level of opp thus far. But having seen a 2nd tier fighter like Rosado able to corner Quillin, I would have to think GGG would murder him there. That said, fighters can have a bad night
Id back Golovkin to knock him out too if im honest. But that doesn't mean Quilin is avoiding him. Quilin has plenty of self belief and im sure there is better to come from him.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 17:13

Lance wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
Id back Golovkin to knock him out too if im honest. But that doesn't mean Quilin is avoiding him. Quilin has plenty of self belief and im sure there is better to come from him.
True, I shouldn't question Quillin's self belief, but I think his management know what would happen

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 23:08

Golovkin is going to wipe the floor with Stevens, he made the mistake of taunting GGG.

You know you have a great fighter when his trainer's instructions are 'Just go have fun'.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 7:05

Agree Chris. Stevens had made a big mistake in his pre fight cheap talk.

GGG has stayed calm considering.

But i really think he will look to trade with Stevens very early on, and when he does, Stevens is going.

GGG will take this via a brutal and yet satisfying KO.

Hopefully he will unify with quillin after.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 16:18

Saw a video that was supposedly GGG and Chavez Jr sparring. Hard to tell with head gear but in terms of looks and fighting style it looked a lot like them. GGG didn't really bring any intensity and stayed in 2nd gear, but still landed afew combos for every cuffing hook Jr managed to catch him with.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 10:20

Not sure taunting makes much difference to be honest. I'm all for styles making fights etc, but im not sure what onetwo is smoking. Unless Stevens has made dramatic improvements since getting outclassed by Jesse brinkley, he's in for a very hard nights work, though most likely a short one.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 12:12

The thing is GGG needs to show some vulnerabilities as atm he is just getting sidestepped by the big names as he's too high risk low reward

The rate he's going he's not going to get any of the names he wants and the names he deserves

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 12:38

Surely if he starts showing vulnerability, his value starts diminishing as well? Then becomes a medium risk, for an even lower reward. Golovkin has to go it the Pacquaio route. Beat both big names and small names, with jaw-dropping displays. No one is coming near GGG until he shows monetary value. I'd like to see him fight Martinez, but Sergio is getting old - Probably going to fight Cotto and Alvarez next year. Golovkin is going to need to fight four times again next year, quite literally force himself down the fans throats. I mean sure, he isn't getting paid princely sums for fights, 400k for Stevens and 350k for Macklin means he probably isn't lacking a few bob himself.

As for who he fights next? Chavez isn't stupid, more importantly neither is Arum. Wouldn't go near Golovkin. Could do worse than Quillin. Maybe take out Murray, as I think that could play on Martinez's ego.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:21

Good point about Murray, King.

Not quite sure how you think showing vulnerability makes his value drop.

If he shows jinks in his armour, that's when the likes of Chavez, Quillin, Martinez etc etc will come put of the woodwork thinking they can take him on......that's my view anyway.

If he shows weakness, the bigger names will tend to jump in on him.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:33

Golovkin will become a big name pretty quickly with his style and performances. After that the money will be there for big fights. There is alot of interest around him and he is a tv networks dream.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:39

That depends on him moving up to make the big fights, there's only Martinez at middleweight and he's going nowhere near him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:40

Look at Khan. Has MASSIVE problems with his chin, major flaws, but yet is never in a dull fight and he has managed to get in the ring with some big names and may get in with the biggest out there.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 14:06

Suppose, but I can't see how Golovkin masquerades as Khan unless he starts throwing rounds, and living himself open to potential KO's
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 15:57

Well interest is beginning to build in him but still it's going to be hard as the opposition he finds himself against is hard to get overly excited for

I think Murray would be a good shout, but would Murray take it. He has a possible Martinez rematch and a big domestic clash with Barker should he beat Sturm and both of those are lower risk than GGG

After last week I think quillin will look to stay away from him and has the excuse of them being on different channels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down