The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great concepts..Completely ruined !!

+6
compelling and rich
jimmyinthewell68
Knowsit17
The Fourth Lion
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

Great concepts..Completely ruined !! Empty Great concepts..Completely ruined !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:15

The League of extraordinary gentleman was a film I was really looking forward to..........Jekyll and hyde, Dorian gray, Invisible Man, Nemo.......All the characters I grew up watching well apart from Gray.........who in fairness stole the movie..

Complete an utter CGI drivel.............

Beautiful concept ruined by a director who couldn't give a crap...............Good actors wasted...........

Nothing more frustrating

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Great concepts..Completely ruined !! Empty Re: Great concepts..Completely ruined !!

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:54

Mystery Men...

Back to top Go down

Great concepts..Completely ruined !! Empty Re: Great concepts..Completely ruined !!

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 Nov 2013, 12:23

most marvel films ever made...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 05 Nov 2013, 16:42

I had looked forward to seeing Apollo 18 at the time of its release, only to be hugely disappointed by a movie that got dafter and dafter the longer it went on. No need to say why.... anybody who saw that dross will know.

We all know that there is a market for such things and conspiracy theorists love all that kind of nonsense, but it is still a bitter disappointment when the most skilfully done part of a movie is the promotion that persuaded you to go and see it.

I want two hours of my life back.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 19:12

Recently Prometheus. Originally intended to reveal elements of the Alien backstory that fans (like myself) had been wondering about for years. Turned independent franchise and ultimately an efficient strategy of lining Ridley Scott's pockets. Wish I could go back in time and talk myself out of paying money to see it.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 09:56

starwars 1 , 2 and 3 . had the budget but Lucas really didnt get that people wanted to see darth vader in an whole film not a cute kid in the first, an annoying Kevin type adolescent in second and a totally unscarey contact Lens wearing lip quivering shouty third .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 07 Nov 2013, 13:59

promethues and the newer stars wars were the two that sprang to mind me me straight away.

always thought a film involved with increduble hulk would be great, but both were gash

while on super heros thought fantastic four was awful as well

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 14:09

compelling and rich wrote:promethues and the newer stars wars were the two that sprang to mind me me straight away.

always thought a film involved with increduble hulk would be great, but both were gash

It confuses my nephew as the guy who plays the Human Torch is also Captain America and I haven't got the time or patience to explain it to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 07 Nov 2013, 14:15

DAVE667 wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:promethues and the newer stars wars were the two that sprang to mind me me straight away.

It confuses my nephew as the guy who plays the Human Torch is also Captain America and I haven't got the time or patience to explain it to him.
ha ha your nephew is more observant than me i hadn't even noticed! although i'll blame it on that repressed that awful film.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 21:33

Constantine. I'm a big fan of this character. I can accept they make him a Yank, even give him dark hair, I cannot except the idea of him carrying any sort of gun. Soul or not!!

Daredevil. The start of. He doesn't get justice in the court room so he kills the person outside of it. Talk about misreading a character.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:40

agree with all most super hero ones tend to get lost

eg the punisher, some bits of the film/films are good but none seem to fit the character.

i did enjoy the short film "dirty Laundry" what did people think to that?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 22 Nov 2013, 13:18

I loved "Dirty Laundry" - it was awesome. And I liked the Thomas Jane version of the film, even if it did have John Revolting in it.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 22 Nov 2013, 13:37

World War Z.

Cracking book while the film was a shameless platform for Brad Pitt to mooch about saving the world.

The book also had some cracking set pieces that the movie overlooked.
Shame.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down