The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+24
wadey101
Barney92
Hibbz
Skyforger
Breadvan
TM Moot
Thomond
Take it to the house
RDuncan8
adams_legend
Number-25
skins4ever
Bull
twelve283
Lowlandbrit
NYJ
sodhat
Pr4wn
mikeygnfl
BamBam
CFCNick
crazy_dave23
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
28 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 3 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 03 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I still dream of Sudfeld and Gronk over the middle Dave Sad 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 3 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:45 pm

How much will college players be looking forward to getting drafted by the Dolphins?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 3 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Number-25 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:33 pm

Seems like there's still lots to come out about the Jonathan Martin story but from what some other players on other NFL teams have been saying about what has come out so far, it seems like what has been going on in Miami has gone beyond the usual locker room hazing.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 08 Nov 2013, 2:30 am

Mike Vick ‏@MikeVick
I don't know what to watch tonight...... #SportsOverLoad

Most of the replies seem to be involving Nick Foles.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 4:40 am

Supporting the Redskins brings me nothing but pain Sad 

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Nov 2013, 7:28 am

You got shredded by Christian Ponder.

I think it's best you suck this year and improve that defence via free agency/the draft
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 08 Nov 2013, 8:29 am

Muslim Ponder dropping TDs

What?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:49 am

Olly wrote:You got shredded by Christian Ponder.

I think it's best you suck this year and improve that defence via free agency/the draft
Ah, if it were only that simple Olly..... Unfortunately, it's the Rams that stand to benefit most in the draft from us sucking this year as they're getting our number 1 pick. Not that it matters to be fair - we've sucked for over 20 years now and a big part of that has been our terrible efforts in the draft and in FA. I'm all out of faith that we can fix this. Anyway, it's not just defense that's the problem .... it's everything!!! It was defense in the main last night too but the offense also stalled yet again when we needed it to respond. The playcalling is just mystifying at times. I would say here's to next year but next year never seems to come for the Redskins.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:35 am

Denver D went to crap under Shanahan. He isn't the most D focused HC going
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:59 pm

Number-25 wrote:Supporting the Redskins brings me nothing but pain Sad 
And anger steam 

The fault last night has to lie largely with the D. Never mind the coaching, you go up against a team with possibly the best ever RB, a QB with a noodle arm and no serious deep threat. What do you do? You a) run the ball till your RB and OL are dead and b) you play tight zone to force the RB to break tackles and the QB to go deep (which he can't as evidenced on their first drive). OK, so in the first half, you do all that and you are leading. What do you do in the 2nd? You pass more and play loose zone. You allow players to bite on PA and make dumb penalties. WTF? If Shannahan won't tell his son to run the ball, or Kyle won't overrule his dad and do it (don't know which myself), then one of them needs to be out of there (my money is on junior). And I've had my doubts about Haslett for 2 years. Yes the players, barring a core of 5-6, are poor, but play calling can largely get around that shortfall of talent and make a D respectable. He keeps dialling up blitzes when there's no need and not when there is. The Vikings DC called all the right plays in the second half because he knew what we'd come out with. Both Kyle S and Haslett seem to not be able to read what second half adjustments the opposition are going to make, and therefore seem to need to go away from their gameplan that has worked thus far, and call a different game in the second half almost every week (look at the Broncos game as big evidence).

Yes we need talent on the field, but we also need to improve the OC and DC positions. There are better guys out there (tell me we can't attract a Wade Phillips type DC?).

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:35 pm

Yep, coaching and playcalling have been a big factor in the Redskins clusterf**k of a season. There has been a complete inability to make the proper in game adjustments this season and Kyle's repeated abandoning of the running game in the second half of games in which we're leading is just indefensible. We're a team that is built to run but daddy doesn't seem to have sent Kyle that memo. I mean you could go on and on pointing out the flaws here and we haven't even got onto talking about the special teams........

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:38 pm

[quote="skins4ever"]
Number-25 wrote:

Yes we need talent on the field, but we also need to improve the OC and DC positions. There are better guys out there (tell me we can't attract a Wade Phillips type DC?).
I always think you should look at people likely to get fired from HC jobs for co-ordinator jobs. Or recently fired HC's looking for a way back in (Lovie Smith as a DC would be a great hire for example)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 09 Nov 2013, 1:03 am

Good point, Lovie in DC would be a good move. Just don't know if Shanny/Allen have the balls/nous to fire Has-been...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:40 am

Depends who's available though. Lovie wants a HC job primarily, and there's probably better fits for his Tampa 2.

Rex looks like hell survive due to his knack of making headlines.

I don't have much problem with Haslett tbh, you can only polish a turd so much.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:47 pm

Problem with Haslett is he relies too heavily on a soft zone scheme that exposes his player limitations. If he ran a tighter cover 2 shell, he'd get more out of the secondary and not put so much on the LB's in coverage. Its the latter that let us down this year - look at the Vikings game for some classic examples.

I's say Kerrigan and Orakpo are two of the best pass rushers around, but if they are left to rely on their athletic ability alone, then they are not going to get as much pressure as they could. He needs better scheming to get them a better chance to hurry passers. POnder had way too much time and that's largely what undid us.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun 10 Nov 2013, 11:14 am

GSC wrote:Rex looks like hell survive due to his knack of making headlines.
Or his knack of being a really really good defensive coach? I said it before the season and I'll say it again, Rex Ryan is the best defensive coordinator in the NFL. If he leaves the Jets for a DC job, he will win a Super Bowl within 5 years. We'd be mad to let him go.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Nov 2013, 11:16 am

The problem is he's a better DC than he is HC
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Nov 2013, 11:22 am

Rexs ability to coach defense has never been in question. If he was fired he'd have DC interviews lined up before he cleared his office.

There's more to being a HC than just coaching your side of the ball though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Nov 2013, 12:29 pm

Arian Foster likely done for the season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 3:35 pm

It seems Ben Roethlisberger is not happy in Pittsburgh and apparently wants to 'explore trade options'. He is supposedly upset with the coaching setup. I just wonder if the trade threat is aimed at the owners to possibly change the coaching staff?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 10 Nov 2013, 3:46 pm

Cardinals and Texans have got to be interested, they don't suck enough to pick up a QB at the top of the draft

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Nov 2013, 3:52 pm

He loves Bruce Arians
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 10 Nov 2013, 4:53 pm

Apparently he'd leave behind a $14m cap hit if he got traded, so I can't really see this happening unless someone comes up with a crazy offer.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm

DJ Hayden inactive for Raiders tonight. Wondering if he's injured or whether his confidence is after getting smoked reepeatedly last week

Also McFadden out AGAIN!! Seriously no point in this guy at all. Taking up valuable salary cap space

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:08 pm

I've started watching the Packers... but i'm not sure if I can take seeing what Seneca Wallace is like...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:31 pm

Looks like I might not have to watch Seneca anyway...

The QB is dead, long live the new QB... Scott Tolzien!!!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:33 pm

Tolzien in for the Packers. Seem to be an awful lot of QBs getting a chance to play this year.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:46 pm

Hardly a classic encounter at Metlife

a fumbled kick off return leads to Oaklands first score, a blocked punt leads to Giants first score

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm

Oh Eli being Eli.

Banged money on Indy at 21-0 down. Not looking good now 28-0 down
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:29 pm

What a catch by Golden Tate

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:39 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Tolzien in for the Packers. Seem to be an awful lot of QBs getting a chance to play this year.
But not Tim Tebow Crying or Very sad 
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:45 pm

I had Tavon Austin in my team waiting each week for his break out game. I dropped him this week after growing impatient

mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:45 pm

Jacksonville in serious danger of winning a game.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:47 pm

Tavon Austin gets his third TD of the day, second receiving.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:48 pm

The Colts are about to start their comeback 35-38 anyone?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:49 pm

Scratch that. Andrew Luck throws an interception Doh
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:58 pm

how bout dem Rams

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:00 pm

The Rams certainly enjoying playing away against the AFC South this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:08 pm

BEARS!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:12 pm

Olly wrote:The Rams certainly enjoying playing away against the AFC South this season
They're more of local rivals than their own division.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:20 pm

Nice play calling all game in Green Bay, we've been getting long drives out of Scott Tolzien, so its finally nice to get one in the end zone instead of ruining it with missed kicks and INTs

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm

... but terrible defence

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:29 pm

I don't know when Cooper stopped being garbage
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm

BEARS!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:43 pm

The Jaguars were genuinely an 0-16 calibre team so it's an achievement that the Titans are on the verge of losing.

Take a number and wait to be fired Mike Munchak
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:57 pm

JAGUARS WINNING KLAXON
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm

The Bears are genuinely better with Josh McCown at QB than Cutler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm

I'm liking McCown more and more!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

Oh my god Chicago those 2pt conversion calls were effin ugly.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm

Did the Rams really just beat the Colts 38-8???

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:20 pm

HAIL MARY

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next