The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Nucifora linked to IRFU position

4 posters

Go down

David Nucifora linked to IRFU position Empty David Nucifora linked to IRFU position

Post by profitius Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:32 pm

I don't know much about him but saw in todays paper that the new performance director job the IRFU have created is his if he wants it. If he rejects the offer they have alternatives lined up.

The job is to oversee the performances of all the coaches and ensure that the national and provisional setups are alligned.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

David Nucifora linked to IRFU position Empty Re: David Nucifora linked to IRFU position

Post by blackcanelion Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:41 pm

No. Has he actually been successful anywhere since he was Brumbies coach. Probably good for Australia, but I'm not sure if I'd be celebrating if I were Irish.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

David Nucifora linked to IRFU position Empty Re: David Nucifora linked to IRFU position

Post by profitius Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:40 am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/former-aussie-hooker-david-nucifora-to-become-irfu-high-performance-director-30142285.html

Its not coaching but probably organising rugby in the provinces with a view to the Ireland team. Good move IMO.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:23 am

blackcanelion wrote:No. Has he actually been successful anywhere since he was Brumbies coach. Probably good for Australia, but I'm not sure if I'd be celebrating if I were Irish.

It's not a coaching job.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 01 Apr 2014, 7:13 am

He did a stint here for a while, got a hard time, and so we gave the job to Pat Lam who was no better.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Tue 01 Apr 2014, 8:53 am

I guess Schmidt coached with him at the Blues and had a say in the appointment. Schmidt seems a very smooth and professional operator. I've just never really warmed to Nucifora. Can't really explain it.Good luck to him. I'm guessing a SANZAR operator is useful in the Irish context, in that, he'll bring in experience from a comparable system, and isn't directly tied to an Irish province.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down