The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boros new boss.

5 posters

Go down

Boros new boss. Empty Boros new boss.

Post by hampo17 Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:22 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24925713

Karanka has been given the job, former assistant manager at Real Madrid. Recently on the podcast one of our guests said when Paul Merson managed a lower league club he struggled to understand why the players couldn't do what he was asking. I have a feeling the same could be said for Karanka.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boros new boss. Empty Re: Boros new boss.

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Wed 13 Nov 2013, 12:53 pm

"This is a very important day for me and I'm delighted to join a club with such big facilities and support," Karanka told BBC Tees.

"It is my time, I know I am ready. I've worked for three years with Jose and he was supporting me every day and I learned so much.

"I spoke to him and he recommended me to come here - he too believes in this project."

Wonder if that translates to here is some Chelsea youth team stars to help you out Aitor.

Looking forward to this, bold appointment and we shall see how he gets on, bring on dirty Leeds in a fortnight (what a culture shock for him mind - El Clasico to the blood and guts of the Boro Leeds derby :/ )

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 13 Nov 2013, 7:47 pm

Has the potential to go one or 2 ways. Either work with a bang, and Boro will be a dominant force, or it will be a complete flop.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:58 pm

Step in the right direction for me a coach who will bring his own team in and get rid of the old backroom staff who've been masquerading as coaches and are part of the reason we are where we are today.Working as assistant to Mourinho for 3 years he will have learnt a lot.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:59 am

The more and more I see, the more I a liking this.

He was a Spanish youth team coach so will be able to add to our already famous academy system, was linked with the likes of Valencia so is very highly thought of in Spain, Guillem Balague and Gaizka Mendieta have both come out in support of him.

Thought he spoke well at his press conference too, excited to see how this is going to go now.

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 18 Nov 2013, 3:30 pm

Definitely an interesting choice and a big departure to the usual type of coach Boro have hired in the past...our first ever foreign manager/coach, no less!

That said, it maintain's Boro's record of giving people their first managerial roles (following on from Robson, McLaren & Southgate).

A gamble, to be sure, but a calculated one I think. Spending all that time as Mourinho's second-in-command, together with his own footballing career, should mean he brings a more cultured, technical approach. Another former defender - hopefully this one will be able to sort our defence out!

Interestingly he nearly signed for us as a player in 2005.

Obviously he'll need time to get to know the players and bring his own staff in etc. but in the long run, this could be the start of something good.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down