The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30?

+8
Kay Fabe
Looseheaded
Dolphin Ziggler
theundisputedY2D2
Mr Video Man
Gregers
Enforcer
VDT
12 posters

Go down

Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30? Vote_lcap35%Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 11 ]
Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30? Vote_lcap65%Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30? Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 31

Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30? Empty Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30?

Post by VDT Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 am

There is alot of talk that Hulkamania will be running wild on next years Wrestlemania, so i'm asking!

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30? Empty Re: Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30?

Post by Enforcer Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:07 am

I wouldn't like to watch the match, but if it keeps Cena away from anything else on the card then I am all for it!

Without Cena there are much stronger possibilities, without having to shoe horn him into one of the main events.

Edit to add that it won't happen. Hogan isn't big enough anymore for Cena to be paired with him imo.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30? Empty Re: Would you like to see Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 30?

Post by Gregers Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:09 am

I would have to go for Yes

Would the match be a 5 star classic? Of course not! But the spectacle of Cena vs Hogan, or Cena vs Rock vs Hogan, is realistically the biggest match that they could possibly put on

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:25 am

yes it would be like a more crap version of Hogan and the ultimate warrior in modern times. just the spectacle of seeing them in the ring against each other would outweigh how poor they are as wrestlers.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 am

I'd much rather see John Cena go up against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30. Cena going up against the Streak at the biggest Wrestlemania EVER (until Wrestlemania 31 that is Smile) is a licence to print money and it almost beggars belief that WWE haven't made this match at previous Wrestlemanias and probably won't do it at next year's either.

As for Hulk Hogan, I wouldn't want him involved in a match with John Cena - or anybody for that matter - because he doesn't need any more encouragement to have 'one more run' or have the focus on him. Yes, he's the biggest star in wrestling history but his time has gone and he adds absolutely zero to the product these days.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
I'd much rather see John Cena go up against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30. Cena going up against the Streak at the biggest Wrestlemania EVER (until Wrestlemania 31 that is Smile) is a licence to print money and it almost beggars belief that WWE haven't made this match at previous Wrestlemanias and probably won't do it at next year's either.

As for Hulk Hogan, I wouldn't want him involved in a match with John Cena - or anybody for that matter - because he doesn't need any more encouragement to have 'one more run' or have the focus on him. Yes, he's the biggest star in wrestling history but his time has gone and he adds absolutely zero to the product these days.
Not in the eyes of the casual fan, to them Hogan is still the biggest name in the business. A huge amount of people would have been interested in WM28/29 because there was The Rock, imagine what Hogan could potentially do.

As long as its not Rock vs Cena III then I'll be happy with however Cena is included

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 am

Hogan and Warrior vs the Real Americans makes sense to me

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:51 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Hogan and Warrior vs the Real Americans makes sense to me
Love to see Cesaro giant swing Hogan
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:53 am

It would only occur after they defeat someone like the PTPs with ease and then Zeb Colter challenges Hogan

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It would only occur after they defeat someone like the PTPs with ease and then Zeb Colter challenges Hogan
In homage to WM9?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:51 pm

the only positive is knowing that Cena isn't stuck dragging an entertaining wrestler down, so i can skip the match entirely and make some food

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:11 am

People who say Hogan is the biggest name in the business to a casual fan is 10 years out of touch, casual fans under 35 Don't see Hogan as a big deal

As for the question, no not a chance, Cena is a major player, I'd hope that anyone paired with him could have an epic program, Hogan wouldn't be a epic program and the match would be an abomination, Hogans back and hips are gone, does anyone think he'd trust Cena not to hurt him? Jeeez Cena injures himself because hes so stiff.

I'd like to see Hogan involved but not in a match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:10 am

Agree with Kay Fabe I'm 30 and the rock and stone cold are much bigger draws to me than hogan or warrior, even hbk and Bret hart for that matter.

No interest in whatever hogan does, the fact his name keeps coming up is annoying me, he should disappear into obscurity and be happy with his achievements.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 am

I would like to see The Undertaker as a suprise entry in the Royal Rumble and winning it (although I also want Punk or Bryan to win the Rumble), then you have World Heavyweight champion John Cena and WWE champion Randy Orton in the ring next night on Raw both pleading with Taker to pick them as his Wrestlemania opponent. Obviously they want a crack at the streak. Taker comes down and after chokeslamming Orton, he picks Cena.

With it being against John Cena, and the WHC being on the line, that will be enough to convince some fans that the streak just might be broken. Not me though as I know it never will be...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 am

It might be a hell of a lot different in America, in fact Hogan is probably as big a draw in this country still as Stone Cold and The Rock. Media outlets over here will fall over backwards for Hulk more than the other two. The Rock's films hold weight, but Hulk Hogan is still the name that gets brought up if I mention I watch wrestling

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 am

Disagree completely with that, with Rocks hollywood career which is a million miles bigger and better tha Hogan ever had then Rock would be far more relevant to Media and more of a face than Hogan today.

Hogan is an iconic name in Pro Wrestling and his image is synonymous with the global expansion in the late 80s but far to much time has passed, all those kids, teenagers and adults who loved Hogan in the 80s have grown up or just gotten older, while nostalgia will always play a part thats all the Hogan name has left, a nostalgic act, look at the lack of impact (no pun intended) his time with TNA has registered, while WWE can jazz it up better than any other organisation its clear to see that Hogan just simply doesn't generate that kind of interest he once had.

This isn't a criticism by the way, its just the nature of the beast, for good or bad the world changes, people move on and the Wrestling business evolves.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:02 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It might be a hell of a lot different in America, in fact Hogan is probably as big a draw in this country still as Stone Cold and The Rock. Media outlets over here will fall over backwards for Hulk more than the other two. The Rock's films hold weight, but Hulk Hogan is still the name that gets brought up if I mention I watch wrestling
Chris only feels that way since hogan left TNA and looks to be joining wwe Wink

On a serious note though, I agree.

Hogan is still the biggest name in wrestling for those who don't watch wrestling. Whenever I mention wrestling, everyone who I know mentions wwf. I talk about TNA.....who?

Hulk hogans there

A hhh

Although he is a leech on the biz, he is still the biggest name. He could still get on any uk show he wanted to. Same can't be said for Cena for example (although the rock obviously could!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:36 am

I think Hogan's name probably still has more value to people above 35 generally. The Rock is still a movie star in the audience age that would know him anyway, he's famous for Fast and Furious and GI Joe.

Hogan's name is synonymous with wrestling across far more ages

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 am

sparxz wrote:Agree with Kay Fabe I'm 30 and the rock and stone cold are much bigger draws to me than hogan or warrior, even hbk and Bret hart for that matter.
I disagree. I'm 30 and Hogan is the face of wrestling.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:02 am

PS i'm not a Hogan fanboy because of my user name. I just like the term.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:37 am

Then we can agree to disagree. Personally not draw no him in the slightest maybe 10 yrs so but not now.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:32 am

Basically, you are drawn to what was good by your age. I'm sure Hero's kids are more drawn to Bryan than Stone Cold. But Hogan will forever be what people of a generation above mine and yours see as wrestling.

And he probably deserves to be too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down