The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenge

+10
damngoodOvalball
Casartelli
Heaf
mystiroakey
TJ
Duty281
Nachos Jones
Cyril
Biltong
GloriousEmpire
14 posters

Go down

Revenge Empty Revenge

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 12:31 am

A lot was made in the build up to NZ's desire for "revenge" at twickenham for last year's norovirus inspired defeat. The All Blacks would have us believe there was never any such motivation.

Couldn't help notice though, Dylan Hartley going off after being knocked into Lala-land by Richie McCaw. Some people have called it the turning point in the game. It put me in mind of the incident a few years ago when Hartley disgracefully attacked a prone McCaws head with a WWF style elbow drop.

Perhaps the real revenge was a long time coming, and served cold?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Revenge Empty Re: Revenge

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:06 am

A couple of things in this shor and poorly written thread.

First of all you are embarressing yourself and your countrymen by subscibing to last years loss as a result of a virus.

Secondly you are disrespecting the legacy of Richie McCaw by suggesting he deliberately took a man out.

Not sure what you expect people to say here, most likely just wanting to create more hyperbole and arguments.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:14 am

If the players ever read these threads (god knows why they would want to) I think they would be ashamed of the shoite that's written 'in their name'.

Biltong, are you mods going to do anything about this constant drip of bile posted on here? Whether or not it breaks current house rules it's not a great place to post when there are countless threads like this and all the England threads derailed. Maybe the house rules need updating.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:20 am

Wow GE, that England performance yesterday must have really frightened you.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:20 am

Biltong wrote:A couple of things in this shor and poorly written thread.

First of all you are embarressing yourself and your countrymen by subscibing to last years loss as a result of a virus.

Secondly you are disrespecting the legacy of Richie McCaw by suggesting he deliberately took a man out.

Not sure what you expect people to say here, most likely just wanting to create more hyperbole and arguments.
I don't think so BT. Thanks for your opinion though. To me, the All Blacks victory is a clear vindication that they were crook last year. England brought the same game plan and NZ faced it down.

I'm not suggesting that Hartley was deliberately fouled. Just that there was a karmic element to the way Hartley's head accidentally caught McCaws knees as he fell.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:26 am

Why don't people just ignore GE? He's just a sad, pathetic troll with nothing better to do. He's not worthy of your time, or my time.

Whack him on ignore, and don't respond. He will then get bored and go away.

Ideally of course, the moderators will take a stricter line.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:27 am

Duty281 wrote:Why don't people just ignore GE? He's just a sad, pathetic troll with nothing better to do. He's not worthy of your time, or my time.

Agreed

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:30 am

Duty281 wrote:Why don't people just ignore GE? He's just a sad, pathetic troll with nothing better to do. He's not worthy of your time, or my time.

It seems they've given up on that completely.

Why should xenophobic, offensive posting just be allowed and ignored? Hardly the sign of a well-run forum. Moderating isn't an easy job I'm sure, but absolutely nothing is being done. It's no wonder posters have left.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:34 am

Report his posts and do not answer them

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:39 am

No need to check the score then!

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:39 am

Maybe you should just not take GE so seriously?

When actually talking rugby, there is no doubting that GE knows what he is talking about.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:40 am

Spot on duty..

He is only here to get us all to react and in house argue.

From the mods perspective. 1. They have tried to ban him before but he just comes back as a different aliases. 2. He is the king of grinding posters down and making them sound like the offenders(the post the poster reacts to in isolation may seem harmless) 3. He can Be a half decent poster sometimes. But when he is in his frame of mind he is hell bent for destruction.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:44 am

Bil, everyone was doing quite well at ignoring yet another tedious post by this person who for reasons he has yet to reveal hates everything about England and the English and yet inexplicably continues to live in the country, but now the seal has been broken I do tend to agree with others that maybe it's time for something to be done about his constant posts designed to inflame people.

I know many say just ignore him (which we were doing on this thread until you posted) but I suspect some of those suggesting that may find it difficult if his constant attacks were aimed at their country and people. We all know that is the logical thing to do but unless everyone does it consistently it is unlikely to work.

I have no doubt his response will be something along the lines of we can't take the 'truth' that he puts out but so much of what he comes up with is pure nonsense and each time someone comes up with a point he can't answer he just disappears to derail yet another thread or create another puerile one of his own.

Despite his protests it's pretty obvious to all that he's a re-incarnation of a previously banned poster and he's continuing in the same vein that got him banned before - is there nothing that can be done to stop him spoiling this forum for everyone?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:47 am

The "WWF" elbow drop comment was amusing.

Kung fu panda.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 11:47 am

Its really simple - don't feed the trolls. Ignore him except to report his posts. every post.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 1:29 pm

Report me? For having an opinion that upsets you? Wow. Thin skinned.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 1:30 pm

Rolling Eyes laughing Laugh Broken Record nope nope 

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm

Dude. For all your huffing and puffing about breaking house rules - it's actually you who are doing that.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 1:39 pm

Broken Record vomit picard 

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Sun 17 Nov 2013, 2:23 pm

by Cyril Today at 11:14 am
If the players ever read these threads (god knows why they would want to) I think they would be ashamed of the shoite that's written 'in their name'.

Agree with that Cyril. Whilst I greatly admire the kiwi passion for rugby and the 'class above' quality of the ABs, there are a few kiwi fans who's level of obsession with their heros is a tad bizarre. I guess each country has a handful of weirdo supporters like GE. I imagine Richie McCaw shuddering with embarrassment and cringing at the OP were he to ever read it. Having said that, I'm sure that richie, dan and the rest of the chaps would be grateful for GE's fanatical support, just wary of his idiotic conclusions

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:

I don't think so BT. Thanks for your opinion though. To me, the All Blacks victory is a clear vindication that they were crook last year. England brought the same game plan and NZ faced it down.

I'm not suggesting that Hartley was deliberately fouled. Just that there was a karmic element to the way Hartley's head accidentally caught McCaws knees as he fell.
We brought the same game plan but not the same team. But if you think beating us with our 3rd choice LH and with a 13 who'd played 2 international games rather than our only half decent back...ok. It's a shame we'll have to wait to see if you can beat our best.

You see, you can really take whatever you like from it...

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 2:39 pm

ghost Revenge 1347041234 

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 3:57 pm

Hood83 wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:

We brought the same game plan but not the same team. But if you think beating us with our 3rd choice LH and with a 13 who'd played 2 international games rather than our only half decent back...ok. It's a shame we'll have to wait to see if you can beat our best.

You see, you can really take whatever you like from it...
Half the NZ back line were inexperienced. Piutau was on his second start for instance.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm

Broken Record 

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:27 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:Wow GE, that England performance yesterday must have really frightened you.
+ 1. OK  I've been thinking the same.
Poor lad does appear to have psychological obsession with England and all things English.
Generally whoever England play, but especially when his beloved ABs play  England.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm

Nachos and Gregor

I dont understand what you are getting at, for me at no stage did it cross my mind that the All Blacks would lose that match.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:40 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Nachos and Gregor

I dont understand what you are getting at, for me at no stage did it cross my mind that the All Blacks would lose that match.
My statement was directed at GE. It was supposed to be a light-hearted response to this article Very Happy

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:42 pm

I think we need to remember that GE isn't a typical NZ fan at all.

I notice a certain level of 'distancing' going on from his countrymen on here.

GE comes out and insults my country constantly, but I'm not going to bite back by insulting his in turn.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down