The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clubs apart from your own that you dont mind/like

+10
The Fourth Lion
Ent
westisbest
BlueCoverman
Marky
RinoGattuso
Dolphin Ziggler
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
hbk48942
14 posters

Go down

Clubs apart from your own that you dont mind/like  Empty Clubs apart from your own that you dont mind/like

Post by hbk48942 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:55 pm

apart from your own club , which clubs do you like or dont mind?

i like Preston given they are another North West team and Bradford and Coventry.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Clubs apart from your own that you dont mind/like  Empty Re: Clubs apart from your own that you dont mind/like

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 28 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

AFC Wimbledon, real club, real supporters, esspically the ones who stuck by them in the combined counties league and had gates of 5000. Had a great train journey back to London from Wigan the other day, Wimbledon fans coming back from Bury. We were all riping into Franchise FC!

Always liked Tottenham. Respect United and Everton. Like our little Sussex Friends Crawley and Eastbourne boro.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Clubs apart from your own that you dont mind/like  Empty Re: Clubs apart from your own that you dont mind/like

Post by socal1976 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 5:43 pm

I like Swansea and Everton, I like the way Swansea plays football a big fan of michu, I hope Arsenal get him. Everton, I like how they always compete and their teams play hard and get decent results with much less in terms of resources.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 6:34 pm

im a hammers fan, however for some completely un-known reason to me, i also have a soft spot for Liverpool..

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 28 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm

I go on and off Manchester United. Everton are reasonable. Barnsley. No one else really, too much chop and change. Burnley I could say I like at the moment. Cambridge and Histon have the local ties.

Juve, Barca, Bilbao, Dortmund. Columbus Crew because theyre the Crew.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 28 Nov 2013, 7:35 pm

Arsenal are my English club.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:46 pm

MK Dons. They get a LOT of stick, but their fans are top notch. Considering how well run the club is (ignoring the obvious bad beginnings), and the fact I really dislike a significant proportion of AFC Wimbledon fans who are basically a bunch of sanctimonious wallies, yeah, I sympathise with MK Dons fans.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:48 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:AFC Wimbledon, real club, real supporters, esspically the ones who stuck by them in the combined counties league and had gates of 5000. Had a great train journey back to London from Wigan the other day, Wimbledon fans coming back from Bury. We were all riping into Franchise FC!

Always liked Tottenham. Respect United and Everton. Like our little Sussex Friends Crawley and Eastbourne boro.
Hadn't seen this Laugh

"real supporters, esspically the ones who stuck by them in the combined counties league and had gates of 5000"

Wimbledon FC were getting less than 5000 home in their final Premier League days. Lets ignore that one shall we?

As for Sussex Friends, I'm pretty sure you were ripping on Crawley on Twitter after Barker got sacked. Feeling threatened? Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:45 pm

Wasn't ripping them, just saying Barker is an Albion legend he deserves a better club than a mid table league one club, no disrespect to Crawley, just i really rate him as a manager.

5000 ok i got that one wrong mate, but they certainly had a 4 figure number every week. Superb supporters. Not getting into the whole Wimbledon MK Dons debate, as im tired, but i hate MK Dons and everything they stand for.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm

Theres a part of MK Dons I sympathise with. The locals who have come along cos they got a decent sized club near them and want to enjoy it. They get stick they dont deserve. But the ethos in the origins I despise.

Pompey i've got a soft spot for. Much of it will be based on where our young players who didnt quite make it then end up. Colchester have got Freddie Sears and grab a few of ours on loan. Bournemouth have a history with our players on loan.

I also like Derby. Not sure why. Think its partly down to not liking Forest.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm

Chelsea. My Dad took me and 2 pals to Stamford Bridge for my 10th birthday treat for my first big game. Never forget the feeling of excitement when I saw my heroes Osgood, Hutchinson and Hudson in the flesh for the very first time.

Brighton. Dad was born in Hove and when my Nan was alive we always used to plan our visits to see her to coincide with a game at the Goldstone ground.

And West Ham...just for giving us Bobby Moore. Who I have reluctantly come to concede is likely to be the only person wearing an England shirt to hold a winners trophy above his head in my lifetime...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:12 pm

I would say Walsall.

Like them to go up.

Bournemouth, as a few of my mates support them, and I live there.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:27 pm

Mk dons get a rough deal, the club was likely going to go out of existence.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 01 Dec 2013, 3:05 am

Although I'm a corkhead (native of the Isle of Wight) by birth and upbringing and therefore support Portsmouth, I lived part of my childhood in south London and regularly watched Charlton Athletic at the Valley during that time.

I developed quite a soft spot for them as a boy and still look out for their results. I was even at Wembley to see their incredible play off final vs Sunderland in 1998. Amazing game.

Also, as a lad, I greatly admired the Manchester City of Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. They were a very special team at that time and whenever they played in London I would go out of my way to see their games.

So folks. Principle club: Pompey
soft spot for: Charlton Athletic & Manchester City

No identity crisis here, eh..?
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 02 Dec 2013, 3:27 pm

Utd, Reading and Forest.

Neil Webb's dad was a friend of my grandad's. Not a pompey fan though.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm

Southampton.

Nice location, don't live beyond their means, good set of fans, produce a lot of good young players, play nice football and are flying high.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 5:59 pm

Same as Duty, for similar reason. Always had a soft spot for Southampton.

Went to Uni there and my best friend is a die-hard fan (season ticket-holder 20 yrs).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 6:00 pm

The Fourth Lion wrote:Although I'm a corkhead (native of the Isle of Wight) by birth and upbringing and therefore support Portsmouth, I lived part of my childhood in south London and regularly watched Charlton Athletic at the Valley during that time.  

Was at the Valley a couple of months ago to watch Oxford get trounced Sad put in a pretty good show of ourselves, just a couple of sleepy moments gave Charlton a generous looking scoreline!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenInBlack Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:34 pm

Crawley for me.

Because that's where I was born OK 

RavenInBlack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down