The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show?

+8
Lumbering_Jack
superflyweight
John Bloody Wayne
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Steffan
ONETWOFOREVER
12 posters

Go down

Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show? Empty Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Adonis Stevenson may have won last night but he is fighting with his murky past lurking in the shadows behind him. In 1998 Stevenson was jailed for pimping ypung girls into prostitution. Stevenson ran with a street gang and was and was involved in various crimes. He has tried to put it behind him and claims to be a family man but the truth remains that he forced girls into a hard life and for his personal entertainment would make girls bare knuckle fight in the nude and would club them if it did not end in a ko???? 

Obviously fighters with shady backgrounds is no new thing but where does our compassion as fans start or stop?

Many on here know that I am a big fan of Iron Mike who has a rap sheet longer then most but he is still a hero to me. Mike did a lot of things which can be related to his addictive personality, but there are some fighters I can't forgive.

Jack Dempsey- As a young man used to kidnap young girls and r*pe them before sending them on there way to brothels as a way of breaking them in.......disgusting.

G-Man - Was cruel to animals and would stage brutal dog fights to the death for profit.......terrible

Tony Ayala - Could have been a champ but instead wound up in jail for multiple r*pe convictions one of the woman.....horrible

Edison Miranda has to be the worst. This excuse for a human being used to kill and eat CATS! CATS I love cats always had cats when growing up what a bar steward rock stucker.

Should we root for Stevenson?...and the like?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show? Empty Re: Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show?

Post by Steffan Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow never knew that about Jack Dempsey

I got no time for men who abuse women

Not really bothered about Miranda eating cats though. I hate the dirty little parasites. Recently split up with a girl who had four of them and I tried to be nice to one of them just to pacify her and it bit me. Il give Edison her address for some payback. And the dirtly little bar stewards crap in my parents back garden where my nephews play. Best place for a cat is the local Chinese

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show? Empty Re: Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Steffan wrote:Wow never knew that about Jack Dempsey

I got no time for men who abuse women

Not really bothered about Miranda eating cats though. I hate the dirty little parasites. Recently split up with a girl who had four of them and I tried to be nice to one of them just to pacify her and it bit me. Il give Edison her address for some payback. And the dirtly little bar stewards crap in my parents back garden where my nephews play. Best place for a cat is the local Chinese
Don't f**k with me Steffan

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Not really bothered about Miranda eating cats though. I hate the dirty little parasites. Recently split up with a girl who had four of them and I tried to be nice to one of them just to pacify her and it bit me. Il give Edison her address for some payback. And the dirtly little bar stewards crap in my parents back garden where my nephews play. Best place for a cat is the local Chinese
Don't f**k with me Steffan[/quote]Maybe the Chinese bit was a bit OTT Very Happy 

I meant the rest though. Cant stand the things and what anyone gets out of owning one is beyond me

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 pm

would make girls bare knuckle fight in the nude and would club them if it did not end in a ko????
Any footage available?

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:
would make girls bare knuckle fight in the nude and would club them if it did not end in a ko????
Any footage available?
I was just gonna ask that Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Not sure how much truth is in the Dempsey rumours, not something i've heard that often and it would seem it was yet another story conjured up by Kearns who would do and say anything to embellish Dempseys name.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Heres a nice Cat if ever I seen one...

Nasty men of boxing - How much compassion do we show? 1305395_10151739447668089_1109672606_n

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:54 pm

I hate cats, so I can't quite dismiss Miranda...

Thing with Stevenson... is that unlike a lot of other celebrities, he did the time (and did the time completely, not a week in prison, or half his sentence). Like it or not, he paid his debt to society, and turned his life around. I'm a fan of his, and don't feel guilty about it. I don't see it as any different to Mark Wahlberg who blinded an old Chinese man in a clearly xenophobic attack.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

kingraf wrote:I hate cats, so I can't quite dismiss Miranda...

Thing with Stevenson... is that unlike a lot of other celebrities, he did the time (and did the time completely, not a week in prison, or half his sentence). Like it or not, he paid his debt to society, and turned his life around. I'm a fan of his, and don't feel guilty about it. I don't see it as any different to Mark Wahlberg who blinded an old Chinese man in a clearly xenophobic attack.
Lol Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 

That was in Pain and Gain...

Its just a movie.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:18 pm

No... he really blinded an Asian guy in one eye.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:51 pm

How do you know the attack was motivated by him being a pitiful Chinese man?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm

As HH mentioned, there's a fair about of doubt to the stories about Dempsey and its exactly the kind of thing that Doc Kearns might have spread around to sell his fighter (as many people use to turn up to watch Demspey get beat as turned up to watch him win).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:03 pm

I heard Tyson used to take 4 drags on a 3 drag pass.

Batsard.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:05 pm

my mistake, it was a Vietnamese old man. I think assaulting a guy while shouting "Vietnamese f.cking sh¡t" is a dead giveaway...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Unless the guy isn't vietnamese, in which case it's just weird.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm not religious in anyway but if some sort of god is watching over us let's hope he strikes down these rotten scum bags in the same way he did GMan. No time for these low life scum.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:38 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Unless the guy isn't vietnamese, in which case it's just weird.
Is ones gf asking for '5 dolla for sucky sucky', even though not Asian, also weird?

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Didn't know this about Stevenson until Bellew screamed it at the weigh in, Jim Watt mentioned on Stevensons ring walk he felt sorry for him, really ?
I don't care if he has served a third of his life incarcerated, it's a terrible crime and whe doesn't deserve any praise or support, I hope Kovalev demolishes him and runs him out of boxing.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:57 pm

Rodney wrote:Didn't know this about Stevenson until Bellew screamed it at the weigh in, Jim Watt mentioned on Stevensons ring walk he felt sorry for him, really ?
I don't care if he has served a third of his life incarcerated, it's a terrible crime and whe doesn't deserve any praise or support, I hope Kovalev demolishes him and runs him out of boxing.

Cheers Rodders
For me some crimes are unforgivable. Robbing girls of their innocence, raping women, chucking dogs into a pit and make them fight to the death and hitting women are the crimes of a savage bully.

G man got exactly what he deserved from life and let's hope the others still making money from boxing are the recipients of some brutal beatings.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Izzi wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:Unless the guy isn't vietnamese, in which case it's just weird.
Is ones gf asking for '5 dolla for sucky sucky', even though not Asian, also weird?
Look mate, I'm not the authority on weird around here, ok?

I'm just a normal guy, going through life ingesting as many different combinations of chemicals as possible in an attempt to defy God himself by growing delicious parsley out of my own flesh, and if you have a problem with that, send your pathetic hate mail to my twitter @TheRock where it will either be ignored like the trash it is, or a huge, muscular bronze man will serendipitously destroy your home with his powerful fists. K?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:01 am

Stevenson is a man with quite obvious aggression issues. The story goes, that during a period in jail, he was jumped by ten men, and he had to be restrained, having knocked half of them out and sent another into a coma. You can see some of that even when he fights - in the third round when Bellew drew blood from his nose, it quite obviously angered him, as he dropped the game plan and made Bellew eat lefts for the entire round. Having casually read his background, I can completely see how he got trapped in that lifestyle. I know most here won't get it, but I grew up about 15 minutes from a "red light district", you dont have to be a bad person to get caught up, just desperate, and the desperation begins to manifest itself in desperate ways. Not making excuses for him, but I've met enough guys with similar stories to know he isn't necessarily inherently evil. Of course you have to feel for the young ladies who now have to watch him succeed, but I Just think it's a tad ironic when fans of such a violent sport are shocked when the sport houses violent men.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:33 am

kingraf wrote:Stevenson is a man with quite obvious aggression issues. The story goes, that during a period in jail, he was jumped by ten men, and he had to be restrained, having knocked half of them out and sent another into a coma. You can see some of that even when he fights - in the third round when Bellew drew blood from his nose, it quite obviously angered him, as he dropped the game plan and made Bellew eat lefts for the entire round. Having casually read his background, I can completely see how he got trapped in that lifestyle. I know most here won't get it, but I grew up about 15 minutes from a "red light district", you dont have to be a bad person to get caught up, just desperate, and the desperation begins to manifest itself in desperate ways. Not making excuses for him, but I've met enough guys with similar stories to know he isn't necessarily inherently evil. Of course you have to feel for the young ladies who now have to watch him succeed, but I Just think it's a tad ironic when fans of such a violent sport are shocked when the sport houses violent men.
I know, I was just asking you for directions, I wasn't expecting a laminated menu of "services " you provide. However, the "Jolly Jubilee" is something I might be interested in...if you'll accept a handful of school milk tokens as payment!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 am

Now look Dave.... I like you... and because of that Id advise you to stay as far away from Long Street (which is down the road from the airport... if you hit the mall you've gone too far). Wouldn't ever tell you to enter the apartment building on the corner of the road (Pink building, can't miss it), and think it unwise for you to meet a service provider while there (just ask for a guy named Saul, big Nigerian bloke, can't miss him, platinum blonde hair)....
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:43 am

Remember, if you catch anything... there are traditional healers all over the place who can cure anything from Aids to a shriveled pe.nis, for a nominal fee, of course
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Have no sympathy for G-Man. the guy is scum. If Stevenson is a reformed character then good luck to him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 pm

I don't get all this "family man" stuff..........Amuses me........If you're a butt-hole you're a butt-hole.........What does it matter If you bang a ring on a finger and slam your meat into somebody and 9 months later a present pops out....

I work in a very pretentious environment........We have an openly gay guy who is probably the nicest most compassionate person I've ever met.........More compassionate than me...........he hasn't got a family.......and lucky for him....Keep telling him to see the World and enjoy yourself !!

Society is full of labels........meaningless in most cases..

He's reformed because he's had a kid........Bollox..You are who you are !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Hasn't had a criminal offence since he left prison, Truss... Or is he containing his inner pimp, and it's bursting at the seams waiting to get out? A lot easier to live the clean life when you have good people around you... I would know, my girlfriends basically saved me from all types of ret.arded stuff.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:52 pm

He's found a vocation in life.............Lucky him but plenty of family men spend their life going back to prison....I imagine without Boxing he does the same !!

99% of the mafia are married........Just find it perverse to asume because you stick a ring on a finger......You see the light and transform.......

I haven't changed........I'm still a knob

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:02 pm

I agree the married man family stuff doesn't mean anything Truss. but some people do turn their lives around and become better people for various reasons. don't know if Stevenson actually has or just says he has. but good luck to anyone whos trying to. It aint easy

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:10 pm

I agree Lance............That people can change..........Maybe sometimes becoming a Father is a positive trigger....or getting married.....But for others maybe reading a book as in Charles S Dutton's case!!......Reading bodybuilding magazines in Dorian Yates case or finding other positive role models can work.......Or even just doing it for yourself......

Bit simplistic to say "He is a family Man"...... when guys like Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and Harold shipman were all family men.......

Know what I mean ??......I just hate labels.......always have...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Being a robber for money or a street fighter is one thing but forcing girls into prostitution or drug dealing shows a real lack of empathy for the victims.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm sticking up for you my friend...........Because you are on the shelf with rubber Jenny for company.........Doesn't mean you are not an okay guy !!!thumbsup 

However I'll let you have Joanne If you can promise me a big pay off and a first class ticket back to Rox............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Anyone here actually read the story? He certainly didn't force these girls into prostitution. One was an exotic dancer looking for a faster way to make money, the other was love-struck and wanted to make Adonis lots of money... not pardoning him... but if you're gonna crucify, at least get the correct nails.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down