The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of Year Report

+2
No 7&1/2
kiakahaaotearoa
6 posters

Go down

End of Year Report Empty End of Year Report

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 02 Dec 2013, 6:57 pm

The following are the reports for the class of 2013. The top seven students have been recognized.

1st in class: Richie. What a year young Richie had. His final year coursework seemed a bit tired but when the examinations came throughout the year, he stood tall and made an incredible achievement. Nobody before has ever gained a perfect mark and when he needed to dig deep and work hard, he put his head down and did what was needed. I could point out weaknesses in his work but he is already aware of them. He deserves a well earned break and with time he can refocus and set goals for next year. Until then, it's important he enjoys this down time before he reflects on the year ahead. He has achieved what no other has. He should be proud.

2nd in class: Jean. I always thought Jean was a bright, apt man but this year he has stood out and exceeded my expectations. The pleasing thing is that he is capable of going even further. Incredible when you consider the calibre of the person above him in class. I always felt Jean was solid but this year has been exemplary. He has gone about his work with great humour and application and it is to his credit that he has been singled out by his colleagues as an outstanding performer. He has added variety and intelligence to his work on top of his customary solid graft and the way he finished the year lends me to suggest Jean is capable of battling for top spot next year and he truly deserves the accolades going his way.

3rd in class: Quade. It's fair to say he's had a mixed year. But I'm very pleased to see he has finished the year strongly. One or two behavioural issues resurfaced but generally the discipline issue seems to be behind him now. He was out of sorts and disorganized for much of the first half of the year but his character started showing through when a good performance was required of him. He has a long way still to go but I couldn't be prouder of the final year result and am convinced this is where he belongs so long as he looks to fully amend problems he has acknowledged need addressing. I couldn't be prouder of the way he fought back and picked himself up.

4th in class: Chris. He shouldn't be too hard on himself. It's easy to look at the first term and final year exam where he didn't quite get the results he hoped for but actually he's been very consistent in his work and is quietly achieving very pleasing results. He must learn to make life easy on himself by refining his obvious hard work at the coal face but it hasn't been easy with him missing a few vital ingredients. But I am sure if he achieves the same level of consistency this year, he will be pushing for the top places next year.

5th in class: Thierry. Sometimes I'm not sure Thierry is aware of his immense talent. I think he takes on too many extracurricular activities and this takes a toll on his performance. Thierry produced work at the end of the year that is far more in tune with his abilities than the disappointing work he was producing at the start of the year. His ability to achieve good results lends me to believe he can be indifferent to failure. I know he deserves to be where he is now but if I'm brutally honest I'm not quite sure how he got to this final placing. But I wish him the best of luck next year and sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

6th in class: Sam. At the start of the year Sam was at his lowest point. The way he picked himself up after that initial disappointment and got that first term mark is commendable. But I'm afraid he felt the year was done when so much more was ahead of him. His mind wasn't focused on the job and his shock result in the mid term was made only worse by the repetition of the same mistakes that have been present in his work for all too long. He is capable of achieving a very high mark but too often he is too focused on the destination and not enough on the journey. Success won't come easily. It has to be earned through hard work and application. Sometimes I feel Sam doesn't put in the effort required as he thinks he can get by on merit.

7th in class: Brian. Gutted for Brian in that he was just two marks off a fitting result in his final. But he will be kicking himself that the opportunity was there and he didn't quite get there. I hope he doesn't dwell on what might have been too much but it is important to acknowledge why he didn't get what he wanted so that it doesn't happen again. Consistency in his work is most of all what he requires. He can't bank on pulling out the occasional great result and then rest on his laurels. Greater consistency in his work will bring less extreme swings in results.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

End of Year Report Empty Re: End of Year Report

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:08 pm

I think Sam turned down the chance to be head boy for that 1st term mark but very good!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm

Brian was very disruptive on the school geograhy trip to Australia.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:19 pm

Good to see Richie back in class this year having spent so much of last year with illness of one kind or another

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bachelor Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm

Sam's report seems a bit strange - I thought he was the teacher's pet?

The Bachelor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:22 pm

He was wrong to send Sam's father a Christmas card with a depiction of the manger being shat all over by The Three Fat Men but there was no malice in it.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 02 Dec 2013, 8:09 pm

What is most alarming is that Richie, Quade and Jean have been hanging around with boys who are constantly haranguing the teachers whenever they get bad marks. Even their parents get involved and it seems they are unable to take responsibility for bad marks preferring to blame it on the teachers.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 02 Dec 2013, 8:10 pm

Meanwhile Sam's Headmaster has had a breakdown and won't shut up in morning assembly

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 02 Dec 2013, 8:12 pm

Scratch wrote:What is most alarming is that Richie, Quade and Jean have been hanging around with boys who are constantly haranguing the teachers whenever they get bad marks. Even their parents get involved and it seems they are unable to take responsibility for bad marks preferring to blame it on the teachers.
And when Jean's dad asked him what he did about that he said "Nothing Dad, I just smiled"
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down