The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Grounds have the best food and drinks?

+5
CFCNick
hampo17
Good Golly I'm Olly
NickisBHAFC
hbk48942
9 posters

Go down

Which Grounds have the best food and drinks? Empty Which Grounds have the best food and drinks?

Post by hbk48942 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 7:20 pm

discuss.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Which Grounds have the best food and drinks? Empty Re: Which Grounds have the best food and drinks?

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:45 pm

Well we won best pie of the year i believe

I rarely eat at other grounds, usually eat in a pub before when i do away games. But the catering for Bournemouth the other week was a disgrace, ran out of everything accept from John Smiths (no one drinks that hence they still had plenty left!) 

Anyone seen the picture of Stevenages cheesy chips?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Which Grounds have the best food and drinks? Empty Re: Which Grounds have the best food and drinks?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 07 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

Yeah I usually eat outside the ground, its ridiculously expensive inside
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 07 Dec 2013, 9:52 am

I always enjoyed the food at Wrexham, however most of the grounds I've been to do a decent half time pie. Only place that didn't was the Millenium Stadium.

Premier League grounds are ridiculously expensive though, it's about £4.50 for a pie at Anfield.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 07 Dec 2013, 2:25 pm

I can't comment on the burgers and beer (Singha only) at Chelsea. They're always sold out when I get to the front. But the £4.20 hotdog is very nice. Proper meaty sausage and nice bread. Washed down with a £2.50 500ml bottle of coke.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 07 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

You'd be mad to eat at West Ham. Cambridge always used to do good food, lower league clubs generally do.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by All hail Lubo Sat 07 Dec 2013, 10:47 pm

Elland Road does the best of everything, naturally Whistle

All hail Lubo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:38 am

Many years ago,when I was based at Rosyth in Scotland, I used to go to watch Dunfermline at East End Park.   It was a ramshackle little ground with a delapidated wooden stand for seating and an unappealing looking terrace at one end, open to the elements.

But it did the best pies and Bovril I ever had at any football ground anywhere.   Gorgeous they were and they sustained this softie southerner through the harsh-weather 1978/79 season of Scottish League Division One (as was) and it's technically appalling, bereft of skill, yet curiously loveable, brand of football.

How could I complain about terrible ball skills, abysmal  goalkeeping, and the freezing wind, howling off the Forth when there was such fayre....... served by the even more delectable Margot at the refreshments bar.....  to enjoy on a Saturday afternoon.

A bonnie Scottish lassie indeed and her....er.... pies..!!  Out of this world...!!  

I went back for second helpings more than once.    Wink
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 11 Dec 2013, 6:01 pm

food at OT isnt bad normally chip in with a mate to get a deal, you get a pie (hollands not some other rubbish) beer (singha) and a double chocolate bar each for a fiver each.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Wed 11 Dec 2013, 7:34 pm

compelling and rich wrote:food at OT isnt bad normally chip in with a mate to get a deal, you get a pie (hollands not some other rubbish) beer (singha) and a double chocolate bar each for a fiver each.

How are the prawn sandwiches these days..?  Wink 
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:12 pm

The Fourth Lion wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:food at OT isnt bad normally chip in with a mate to get a deal, you get a pie (hollands not some other rubbish) beer (singha) and a double chocolate bar each for a fiver each.

How are the prawn sandwiches these days..?   Wink 

ha ha wouldn't know, you'd have to ask the south standers, although i am in a box for the west ham game on the 21st i'll let you know after then

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down