The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward vs Groves

+15
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
RanjitPatel
TopHat24/7
Diamond in the rough
Gentleman01
milkyboy
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
KingMonkey
hampo17
catchweight
rIck_dAgless
Izzi
hogey
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ward vs Groves Empty Ward vs Groves

Post by hogey Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:19 am

Hearing that there's whispers it could be made in the new year, by all accounts no one in the States wants to see the slow plodding Froch get outclassed for 12 rounds again and many over there think Groves would provide a sterner test and be a bigger fight for Ward. I bet the international superstar will be up in arms if it happens.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Ward vs Groves Empty Re: Ward vs Groves

Post by Izzi Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:27 am

hogey wrote:Hearing that there's whispers it could be made in the new year, by all accounts no one in the States wants to see the slow plodding Froch get outclassed for 12 rounds again and many over there think Groves would provide a sterner test and be a bigger fight for Ward. I bet the international superstar will be up in arms if it happens.
Would love to know how the yanks think he's a bigger draw than Froch, love him or hate him I haven't seen an army of GG fans travel over to Denmark to watch him fight. Been fighting in leisure centres for the most part!

Ward is fast becoming the new RJJ if he takes this fight, there's massive challenges in Golovkin, Stevenson and that scary fella Kovalev.. Not to mention Froch who lest we forget did win last time out contrary to short term revisionist nut jibs.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:28 am

Crikey, i think the reaction from Froch would be stuck in a loop of:

Ducker, not a real fighting man, avoiding a warrior...

Rolling Eyes 

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:30 am

I dont know if Froch really has as many options as he says he does. Not convinced he really wants Ward, and frankly does anyone else want to see it?

Hes too afraid to move to light heavyweight, he doesnt want Groves again quite clearly. And I dont think Chavez is going to too pushed fighting him.

The Groves fight damaged Frochs popularity. His ticket buyers, ie the British public, want the Groves rematch and if he avoids that his next fight might not do great numbers. Probably the reason hes considering a move back to the U.S.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:40 am

Izzi wrote:
hogey wrote:Hearing that there's whispers it could be made in the new year, by all accounts no one in the States wants to see the slow plodding Froch get outclassed for 12 rounds again and many over there think Groves would provide a sterner test and be a bigger fight for Ward. I bet the international superstar will be up in arms if it happens.
Would love to know how the yanks think he's a bigger draw than Froch, love him or hate him I haven't seen an army of GG fans travel over to Denmark to watch him fight. Been fighting in leisure centres for the most part!
Ward is fast becoming the new RJJ if he takes this fight, there's massive challenges in Golovkin, Stevenson and that scary fella Kovalev.. Not to mention Froch who lest we forget did win last time out contrary to short term revisionist nut jibs.
Fought in leisure centres three times, in a 19 fight career so hardly the most part Izzi.

The reason the Americans want to see the Groves fight is because Froch can not beat Ward. It simply won't happen, Ward is to good, to slick and to clever. Look at what Groves did to Froch for the best part of 9 rounds, before what was a contraversial stoppage, Groves isn't near the level of Ward.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

Not sure I want to see Groves in with Ward if I'm honest but he surprised me vs Froch so who knows? He won't be intimidated that's for sure.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

Izzi wrote:

A couple of hundred people from Nottingham going to the States does not make it a big fight, Froch v Ward interests no one because Froch simply has nothing to worry Ward with he is too slow, has average skills and does not possess the one punch power to even give him a punchers chance. Groves is seen as the new kid on the block and has got the skills and power to make it interesting for a while no one is gonna beat Ward but they want someone who will at least have the tools to test him if he is to lose the boring tag. Froch was completely outclassed by Ward and no one wants to see that bore-fest again. Froch should call it a day he has not got the bottle to fight Groves again, is not good enough to fight Ward and having seen his last performance is past his best and would be lucky not to be beaten even by a plodder like Chavez.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:50 am

OMG 

Just seen this, is it true?

If so then this will be the biggest LOL moment in boxing history. Bigger then when Leonard so publicly ignored Hagler (in his 3 piece suit) when announcing his retirement, bigger then when Kosta koed Judah, bigger then no mass.

International Jesus Christ superstar Carl Froch being brushed aside for the oh so disrespectful Groves by the 1 man Froch would sell his mother to fight.

Hahahahahaha

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:54 am

It would be a bad career move for Groves to go to the States to get beat by Ward. It's that simple.

Bute, Stieglitz, Abraham and Kessler are the fights Goves should be looking at. All very winnable against good names.

The SMW fighters should let Ward stew. He might then actually challenge himself up at LHW. I'm getting the feeling Ward is a cherry picker even though he has more than enough ability to beat everyone at LHW.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:01 am

Ward problem is he is boring, wont leave his comfort zone and cant attract opponents with the promise of money. The guys at light heavyweight who hold titles probably couldnt care less about fighting him. There is no money or interest in Ward and he doesnt like leaving his backyard.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:02 am

Strongback wrote:It would be a bad career move for Groves to go to the States to get beat by Ward.  It's that simple.

Bute, Stieglitz, Abraham and Kessler are the fights Goves should be looking at.  All very winnable against good names.

The SMW fighters should let Ward stew.  He might then actually challenge himself up at LHW.  I'm getting the feeling Ward is a cherry picker even though he has more than enough ability to beat everyone at LHW.
Hes not a cherry picker at all. The super 6 proves this for a start, also moving up to fase Dawson is not a gimme, and he recently had surgery  on his shoulder which has kept him out of action but the main reason people are not inspired by Ward is because of his dispute with Dan Goosman it has dented his career thus far.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:04 am

Strongback wrote:It would be a bad career move for Groves to go to the States to get beat by Ward.  It's that simple.

Bute, Stieglitz, Abraham and Kessler are the fights Goves should be looking at.  All very winnable against good names.

The SMW fighters should let Ward stew.  He might then actually challenge himself up at LHW.  I'm getting the feeling Ward is a cherry picker even though he has more than enough ability to beat everyone at LHW.
Groves would have nothing to lose, no one at this weight can beat Ward, but putting up a decent show where so many others have failed will position him nicely when Ward moves up.
To be fair to Ward he is a super middleweight who has beaten everyone of note in his division, moving up in weight is up to him and i am sure he will do it when he thinks the time is right. I cant see how you can level the cherry picking label at a man who has fought and beaten all the best men in his division. Froch, Kessler, Dawson, Abraham and Bika are 5 of his last 7 opponents dont see he could do much more in terms of quality of opponent. Now his injuries are sorted i would expect a couple more defences at SMW before he goes up to LH and cleans up there.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:09 am

hogey wrote:

Groves would have nothing to lose, no one at this weight can beat Ward, but putting up a decent show where so many others have failed will position him nicely when Ward moves up.
To be fair to Ward he is a super middleweight who has beaten everyone of note in his division, moving up in weight is up to him and i am sure he will do it when he thinks the time is right. I cant see how you can level the cherry picking label at a man who has fought and beaten all the best men in his division. Froch, Kessler, Dawson, Abraham and Bika are 5 of his last 7 opponents dont see he could do much more in terms of quality of opponent. Now his injuries are sorted i would expect a couple more defences at SMW before he goes up to LH and cleans up there.
You think he can clean up Kolarev too?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:13 am

Honestly mate, i think he will beat all of them fairly comfortably Kovalev included.

Last edited by hogey on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:17 am

hogey wrote:Honestly mate, i think he will beat all of them fairly comfortably Kolarev included.  
Well in order for him to clean out the LH division he will HAVE to travel to Canada out of his so called comfort zone.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:24 am

Not much difference for him to go to Canada than going to Vegas or Atlantic City in all honesty. At the end of the day though all of the LH champs will go where the money is and that's in the States.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:32 am

hogey wrote:Not much difference for him to go to Canada than going to Vegas or Atlantic City in all honesty. At the end of the day though all of the LH champs will go where the money is and that's in the States.  

I would'nt be too sure about that the LH division is making all the noise in Canada, every fight is a sell out, and big names contesting it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:38 am

i think he batters kolarev up so bad he'll think his name is kovalev by the end of it.

i don't think ward is a cherry picker, but there are big fights put there for him, mainly at light heavy, so lets see if he takes them.

onetwo.... Dawson came down to fight ward, ward didnt go up. Dawson's choice, but he looked drained... mind you he didn't look great for the minute he lasted against stevenson either.

groves v ward would be hilarious from a froch perspective. Can't say i fancy george's chances, but he'd give it a go... we know that much.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:52 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Hes not a cherry picker at all. The super 6 proves this for a start, also moving up to fase Dawson is not a gimme, and he recently had surgery  on his shoulder which has kept him out of action but the main reason people are not inspired by Ward is because of his dispute with Dan Goosman it has dented his career thus far.

Ward wants everything his own way. He was an up and coming fighter going into the Super 6, he's come a long way from there. He now sits on top of the SMW mountain and is happy enough to stay at home and fight very winnable fights. I don't see him fighting Stephenson in Vegas any time soon.

Ward has said he is a natural SMW and should not have to step up. Time will tell but I can definitely sense a touch of the Mayweather's about Ward. Fighting twice a year is a major inconvenience for him as well.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:55 am

milkyboy wrote:i think he batters kolarev up so bad he'll think his name is kovalev by the end of it.

i don't think ward is a cherry picker, but there are big fights put there for him, mainly at light heavy, so lets see if he takes them.

onetwo.... Dawson came down to fight ward, ward didnt go up. Dawson's choice, but he looked drained... mind you he didn't look great for the minute he lasted against stevenson either.

groves v ward would be hilarious from a froch perspective. Can't say i fancy george's chances, but he'd give it a go... we know that much.

Yeah tell about it. Just to see the look on his mug haha.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:00 am

I'd rather see Groves vs Ward than Froch vs Ward

However, it is a bad fight for Groves simply because I do not think he is yet ready for Ward. Despite the injustice of his stoppage defeat to Froch, the fact remains that he did lose. It would be damaging to his future options if he lost two on the bounce so early in his career.

If Froch won't give him the rematch, which he is owed, then I agree with Strongy, and think that Groves should look at Bute, Bika, Kessler, Stieglitz, etc.

Ward is going nowhere, he will be around for the next 3 years at least, Groves has time on his side. If he can look impressive against one or two of the above names, and pick up a strap, then he will be in a great position to take on Ward in late 2014 / early 2015.

Ward vs Golovkin is the fight I'd like to see. GGG has the frame for SMW, he has noticeably thin legs (not that this has had any affect on his destructive punching power, mind!). I think GGG could add some weight to his lower body and even increase his durability and power!

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:02 am

Ward is in a position where nobody really wants to fight him. Its not like Mayweather who has a queue out the door and can pick who he wants because of the obscene money on offer.

In order to get the bigger fights its Ward who will have to do the sacrificing. He cant rely on every other fighter being willing to fight him in his back yard and come down to his weight. Otherwise Ward will remain in the position he is in now where nobody could arsed fighting him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:08 am

catchweight wrote:Ward is in a position where nobody really wants to fight him. Its not like Mayweather who has a queue out the door and can pick who he wants because of the obscene money on offer.

In order to get the bigger fights its Ward who will have to do the sacrificing. He cant rely on every other fighter being willing to fight him in his back yard and come down to his weight. Otherwise Ward will remain in the position he is in now where nobody could arsed fighting him.

Both fighters take care in picking their opponent, venue, how often they fight etc. That's what I was getting at. They both like to control things and guide their path. It generally doesn't always involve taking risks.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:25 am

Hope this is true the massively overrated and lucky to get to final of super 6 froch losing out on ward to groves would be hilarious especially if he doesn't get jcc either

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:30 am

I dont see the situations as being similar. Practically everyone wants to fight Mayweather as he is a big name and brings huge money. Ward struggles to attract opponents to face him because he doesnt bring any money. Nobody is a hurry to fight Ward. He cant cherry pick opponents who dont want to face him and fans who arent interested in watching him. Mayweather can sit on his ass all year and choose pretty much whoever he wants. Ward hasnt got that option.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:35 am

To be fair mayweather doesn't really have that option now either as he needs names and good opponents to sell his ppv!

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:40 am

Good opponents like Khan? A bad days work for Mayweather is still going to bag him tens of millions and he already has a multi fight deal of gigantic proportions.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:43 am

Izzi wrote:

WTF? Erm

1. Leisure centres? He's headlined the two biggest boxing arenas in the UK (Wembley for JdG and MEN for Froch) and has also fought at Wembley Arena, Excel etc as well as big venues in the US and Germany. Think you're confusing him with DeGold.

2. The new RJJ? Firstly what's wrong with being the new most talented fighter of his generation? And secondly, are you suggesting RJJ was known for taking soft fights?? Cleaning out the best of the SMW and LHW divisions incl. Hoppo, Tate, Toney, McCallum, Griffin, Hill etc....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:45 am

Khan will be a shocking choice doesn't deserve it in the slightest, but it's not been confirmed so I'll hold my judgement till then! I am one who gives khan a better chance than others tho

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:52 am

I'd be inclined to believe that this is a ruse to get Froch to agree to a Groves rematch. The rematch is where the money is for Groves and the fight that is more winnable plus there are world titles to go with it. Wouldn't make sense to pass that up and go after a effect for less money.

My moneys on a ruse.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:54 am

Effect defeat

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:14 pm

Errrrr Ward via ugly boring UD as always. Is Ward still alive?!

Froch should fight him in the UK, he holds a title and so does Ward.

Groves holds nothing but a knockout defeat to a guy Ward has already beaten so why chew on Frochs left overs?

Poor moves from both and an utter pointless clash in front of 10 fans yet again.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:32 pm

catchweight wrote:I dont see the situations as being similar. Practically everyone wants to fight Mayweather as he is a big name and brings huge money. Ward struggles to attract opponents to face him because he doesnt bring any money. Nobody is a hurry to fight Ward. He cant cherry pick opponents who dont want to face him and fans who arent interested in watching him. Mayweather can sit on his ass all year and choose pretty much whoever he wants. Ward hasnt got that option.

I explained my reasoning in my last post. There are many fights available to Ward particularly if he steps up.

I never mentioned money.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:33 pm

No one outside of Frochs family and a few on here wants to see Froch getting outclassed and lumbering round the ring after Ward like a Mummy for 12 rounds, he is no longer even as good a fighter as last time when he was schooled and has absolutely no chance to win. That apart no way Ward will ever be stupid enough to come over here to fight the international superstar knowing if both men are on their feet after 12 he stands a huge chance of getting robbed.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:38 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Errrrr Ward via ugly boring UD as always. Is Ward still alive?!

Froch should fight him in the UK, he holds a title and so does Ward.

Why?

He schooled him once, Froch's shown nothing to suggest he'll bring anything new to the table since. GG has excellent timing and was teeing off on Froch all night long, Ward will benefit from the same but with the advantage that he's much less easy to land on than GG. Expect the decision to be wider than last time.

Money vs Froch will be decent in the UK but that's it, and he'd almost certainly still earn more with any of the LHW fights out there as well as GGG if he could be persuaded to move up.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:55 pm

Strongback wrote:
catchweight wrote:I dont see the situations as being similar. Practically everyone wants to fight Mayweather as he is a big name and brings huge money. Ward struggles to attract opponents to face him because he doesnt bring any money. Nobody is a hurry to fight Ward. He cant cherry pick opponents who dont want to face him and fans who arent interested in watching him. Mayweather can sit on his ass all year and choose pretty much whoever he wants. Ward hasnt got that option.

I explained my reasoning in my last post.  There are many fights available to Ward particularly if he steps up.

I never mentioned money.

How do you know they are available? You are assuming everyone out there is happy to fight him. Chances are they are not while he brings no interest or money with him. Just because Stevenson and Kovalov are in the division above doesnt mean they are champing at the bit for the fight. His situation is nothing like Mayweather. He has no fan interest or money to give him the control Mayweather has.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:55 pm

I have to laugh at those accusing Ward of being a ducker, there's very few who have fought as many of their divisions top men.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 09 Dec 2013, 1:03 pm

catchweight wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I explained my reasoning in my last post.  There are many fights available to Ward particularly if he steps up.

I never mentioned money.

How do you know they are available? You are assuming everyone out there is happy to fight him. Chances are they are not while he brings no interest or money with him. Just because Stevenson and Kovalov are in the division above doesnt mean they are champing at the bit for the fight. His situation is nothing like Mayweather. He has no fan interest or money to give him the control Mayweather has.

This what I said:

Both fighters take care in picking their opponent, venue, how often they fight etc. That's what I was getting at. They both like to control things and guide their path. It generally doesn't always involve taking risks.

You took that and stepped into a rocket ship and ended up on a different planet.

I was taking about risk and you are talking about Floyd as a bigger draw.  Different arguments.

I have no intention of getting in a pi$$ing contest over this.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 1:13 pm

Who has Ward ducked?, he has even had to drag Dawson down to fight him... his main issue is not finding fights!

Groves VS Ward would be a great one!

Although looking at the state Groves was in in rnd 9 against Froch, then I can only see Ward stopping him in and around the same rnd.

That being said Ward because of his great defense has not really shown what his chin is really like, and does tire as well in fights sometimes, and with Groves having a big dig on him in the early rounds I think the fight would have a few ?s about it.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 09 Dec 2013, 1:15 pm

I dont know how fighting in the Super 6 fits that description or anything like Mayweather. The fact he was in the Super 6 at all suggests he isnt cherry picking. You couldnt ask for a bigger risk than entering a competition pitting you against the other best in your division.

Saying there are many fights available and not mentioning money is practically self defeating. The money is is a massive factor in terms of fights are available to Ward. The fights that are supposedly available to him might not be at all. Money is what makes the fights happen.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Mon 09 Dec 2013, 1:24 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Izzi wrote:

WTF? Erm

1. Leisure centres? He's headlined the two biggest boxing arenas in the UK (Wembley for JdG and MEN for Froch) and has also fought at Wembley Arena, Excel etc as well as big venues in the US and Germany.  Think you're confusing him with DeGold.

2. The new RJJ? Firstly what's wrong with being the new most talented fighter of his generation? And secondly, are you suggesting RJJ was known for taking soft fights?? Cleaning out the best of the SMW and LHW divisions incl. Hoppo, Tate, Toney, McCallum, Griffin, Hill etc....

Clinton Woods... Harding.... Otis Grant...

So yes, I am.

There are 3 fights for Ward: Stevenson, Golovkin, Kovalev + I know not many of you would like it but if Froch were to fight and beat one of those 3 then he would have earned the right for a rematch. We all thought Williams would run Martinez close again only to be knocked senseless in the rematch, we all thought RJJ would beat Tarver in the rematch etc etc (and I'm not saying Froch would beat Ward) - rematches don't always pan out the way you think they will (again, read the previous bracketed comment), but you can't deny someone wanting a rematch when he's 4-0 with Bute, Mack, Kessler and Groves being the names - can you? He is the guy ranked behind Ward @ SMW, unless I'm having a weird moment and dreaming things.

And my point regarding leisure centres was that he's not the the main drawer in his 2 PPV fights (pretty sure it was on PPV against DeGimp but can't remember). And Ward isn't exactly in the league of FMJ when it comes to a PPV draw. Plus America hasn't got a scooby doo who Groves is.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 09 Dec 2013, 1:55 pm

catchweight wrote:I dont know how fighting in the Super 6 fits that description or anything like Mayweather. The fact he was in the Super 6 at all suggests he isnt cherry picking. You couldnt ask for a bigger risk than entering a competition pitting you against the other best in your division.

Saying there are many fights available and not mentioning money is practically self defeating. The money is is a massive factor in terms of fights are available to Ward. The fights that are supposedly available to him might not be at all. Money is what makes the fights happen.

He was a novice pro before the Super 6, now hes a star and p4p No.2. He has cleared out the SMW division through winning the Super 6, now he has to look for new challenges, they don't exist at 168lb. Ward isn't keen on leaving SMW though, let see what he does next. His last opponent wasn't inspiring.

168 isn't a great division right now. At least Floyd will jump wights when he is the clear favourite Ward can make a lot of money fighting GGG, Kovalev or Sephenson.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:00 pm

Special mention for use of the name "deGimp"

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:21 pm

Izzi wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Izzi wrote:

WTF? Erm

1. Leisure centres? He's headlined the two biggest boxing arenas in the UK (Wembley for JdG and MEN for Froch) and has also fought at Wembley Arena, Excel etc as well as big venues in the US and Germany.  Think you're confusing him with DeGold.

Clinton Woods... Harding.... Otis Grant...

So yes, I am.

There are 3 fights for Ward: Stevenson, Golovkin, Kovalev + I know not many of you would like it but if Froch were to fight and beat one of those 3 then he would have earned the right for a rematch. We all thought Williams would run Martinez close again only to be knocked senseless in the rematch, we all thought RJJ would beat Tarver in the rematch etc etc (and I'm not saying Froch would beat Ward) - rematches don't always pan out the way you think they will (again, read the previous bracketed comment), but you can't deny someone wanting a rematch when he's 4-0 with Bute, Mack, Kessler and Groves being the names - can you? He is the guy ranked behind Ward @ SMW, unless I'm having a weird moment and dreaming things.

And my point regarding leisure centres was that he's not the the main drawer in his 2 PPV fights (pretty sure it was on PPV against DeGimp but can't remember). And Ward isn't exactly in the league of FMJ when it comes to a PPV draw. Plus America hasn't got a scooby doo who Groves is.

NEWSFLASH: World class p4p legend and future HOFer intersperses fights against other p4p top dogs and future HOFers with occasional bouts against overmatched opponents.

Can't believe you're coming out with this claptrap and then trying to suggest Froch gets rewarded for beating rubbish like Mack and over-protected home fighters like Bute.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:34 pm

Also, RJJ wasn't known for taking soft fights. Thats idiocy to claim such a thing.

Having fights where you outclass your opponents and smash them into oblivion doesn't mean you took it as a soft fight.

Go research RJJ please Izzi.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm

Guessing Izzi thinks PBF has a career of soft fights then since apparently being simply too good for the majority of your opponents means they were by definition 'soft fights'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:47 pm

Pacquiao too. Margarito and Cotto were soft fights of course.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Mon 09 Dec 2013, 3:36 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Also, RJJ wasn't known for taking soft fights. Thats idiocy to claim such a thing.

Having fights where you outclass your opponents and smash them into oblivion doesn't mean you took it as a soft fight.

After Hill he went on to take on such fighters as Otis Grant, Richard Hall and a few others if I could be bothered to dig them out. Sod it, just to prove a point (as i can't remember his record around that time off by heart, not exactly hard when fighting nobodies):

Lou Del Valle (journeyman, average)
Otis Grant (see above)
Richard Frazier (i could beat him)
Reggie Johnson (see Grant/Valle reference)
David Talesco, Richard Hall, Eric Harding

Blah blah blah blah, bored now.

He had some insane amount of fights between Hill & Ruiz, welcome anyone who questions that sort of run he went on! Thank the lord for DLH around that time eh.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm

Izzi wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:Also, RJJ wasn't known for taking soft fights. Thats idiocy to claim such a thing.

After Hill he went on to take on such fighters as Otis Grant, Richard Hall and a few others if I could be bothered to dig them out. Sod it, just to prove a point (as i can't remember his record around that time off by heart, not exactly hard when fighting nobodies):

Lou Del Valle (journeyman, average)
Otis Grant (see above)
Richard Frazier (i could beat him)
Reggie Johnson (see Grant/Valle reference)
David Talesco, Richard Hall, Eric Harding

Blah blah blah blah, bored now.

He had some insane amount of fights between Hill & Ruiz, welcome anyone who questions that sort of run he went on! Thank the lord for DLH around that time eh.

Who should he have been fighting then?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 09 Dec 2013, 3:50 pm

Johnson and Harding were not at all average, one a two weight current world champion and the other unbeaten having earned his shot against Griffin and Tarver.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next