The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster 2013/2014

+41
beshocked
theshanker
Chunky Norwich
Monkeyan
St John The Enforcer
Notch
Golden
Hookisms and Hyperbole
The Boss
glamorganalun
sheephead
BelfastDickVet
JmD
8Studs
VinceWLB
humphstheman
JayMaster3000
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
LeinsterFan4life
Biltong
wolfball
dw7
ReadBetweenthePosts
neilthom7
Keesie_kee
GunsGerms
2bFair
Don Alfonso
profitius
toml
The Great Aukster
Rory_Gallagher
RF09
geoff999rugby
Artful_Dodger
clivemcl
MrsP
Standulstermen
marty2086
Pete330v2
geoff998rugby
45 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Ulster 2013/2014 - Page 18 Empty Ulster 2013/2014

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 16 Dec 2013 - 8:57

First topic message reminder :

One guy I think deserves high praise from these two Treviso games is Sean Doyle.
As you know I reported some doubt about his future and that he needed to put his hand - he has done so big time.

Few more games like that and he will be with us next year for sure.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Ulster 2013/2014 - Page 18 Empty Re: Ulster 2013/2014

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 10:40

Notch wrote:I do think that most games are accessible mind you rodders, we're talking about one game which is in huge demand. The general Pro12 games are accessible and will be even more so next year.

Clive, just read that article- you love the drama! Very Happy

Well there's accessible and accessible notch. As in there's a distinct difference between a 3-4 hr round trip on a Friday night and a 10 minute taxi (fona-cab) ride. 

Out of interest what's the away attendance like this season? I'm guessing from MrsPs  comments that we'll see 12k hard core fans make it to the away inter pros at least? Galway, Limerick and Dublin are all pretty accessible from Belfast no?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 10:51

Thats a bit of a cheap shot isn't it rodders? You can't please everyone and you know fine and well that it makes most sense to base the team in the largest urban area.

Sure, they could try and arrange deals with clubs for the less attended fixtures to try and get people across but at the moment they are selling the ground out without recourse to such measures. I'm sympathetic to a point, but they have to look after the business side of things to.

Last edited by Notch on Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 10:55; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : re)
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:06

Notch wrote:Thats a bit of a cheap shot isn't it rodders? You can't please everyone and you know fine and well that it makes most sense to base the team in the largest urban area.

Sure, they could try and arrange deals with clubs for the less attended fixtures to try and get people across but at the moment they are selling the ground out without recourse to such measures. I'm sympathetic to a point, but they have to look after the business side of things to.

Quite right too, UR is, whether we like it or not, a business first and foremost.
I wish I could make the trip to Ravenhill even twice per season but just at the moment it's impossible. I know most of my friends who support UR are the same. You can't get a half day off work every single friday in order that you can make kick off time (not to mention the cost involved for tickets and petrol money). But that's the nature of it and always has been.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:15

Notch wrote:Thats a bit of a cheap shot isn't it rodders? You can't please everyone and you know fine and well that it makes most sense to base the team in the largest urban area.

Sure, they could try and arrange deals with clubs for the less attended fixtures to try and get people across but at the moment they are selling the ground out without recourse to such measures.

Nope, it isn't, I think its a relevant point.

It seems its ok to dismiss young muck o'savage from killy-Hicksville who can't make it to ravenhill every other Friday after a day picking turnips but not mrs or mrs uber-fan ST holder for not making it to Galway or Dublin?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:18

rodders wrote:

Sure, they could try and arrange deals with clubs for the less attended fixtures to try and get people across but at the moment they are selling the ground out without recourse to such measures.

Nope, it isn't, I think its a relevant point.

It seems its ok to dismiss young muck o'savage from killy-Hicksville who can't make it to ravenhill every other Friday after a day picking turnips but not mrs or mrs uber-fan ST holder for not making it to Galway or Dublin?

Who's dismissing anybody? Where has anybody been dismissed? And who is claiming that season ticket holders are uber fans. Absolute nonsense.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:22

Mrs P.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:27

It would be refreshing if you proposed some solutions instead of this tabloid-esque stereotyping and over the top sermonising, which frankly insults the intelligence of everybody.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:29

Notch wrote:It would be refreshing if you proposed some solutions instead of this tabloid-esque nonsense and stereotyping.

My solution is for people who don't do the royal flush of away interpros every season, at a minimum, should stop judging and patronising people like clive for not going to ravenhill every Friday night or having a ST.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:30

Surely the solution would be play the game at a bigger ground?

Sarries played you at Twickenham allowing as many Ulster fans as possible to come. Should have done the same thing. Could have even played us at Twickenham. Laugh 

Ticket touts will definitely be in their element here. Low supply - high demand.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:40

rodders wrote:
Notch wrote:It would be refreshing if you proposed some solutions instead of this tabloid-esque nonsense and stereotyping.

My solution is for people who don't do the royal flush of away interpros every season, at a minimum, should stop judging and patronising people like clive for not going to ravenhill every Friday night or having a ST.

This is the slander you are perpetuating, that people are condescending to or criticising anyone for not having a season ticket. People are criticising those who have a sense of entitlement about getting tickets for the one biggest game of the season when they don't attend other games. There are perfectly valid reasons why people can't have a season ticket or can't attend games regularly- regrettably demand outstrips supply. Who should get preference then?

My point about accessibility is that it isn't that difficult to get tickets to see Ulster. It may be that some people can only get to one or two games a season but I don't think there is anything stopping them from doing so. For this one game? It is limited, and this is the only game of the season these limitations are in place. With a little forward planning it was possible for anyone to get tickets to any other home game this season. Either this is the way it is or we don't have the game at Ravenhill, which is a loss of home advantage for us. If people want to put their ability to see the game live above the needs of the team then that tells you everything you need to know about who comes first for them!

I don't think one game a season where there is limited demand is freezing out non-season ticket holders. We play 14 other competitive home games a season.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:43

The Dragons attack coach has just left the region - devalued Ulster win
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:46

Oh? Thats a real shame and a big surprise- Dragons have looked really good in attack. Whats behind that?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:53

Notch wrote:Oh? Thats a real shame and a big surprise- Dragons have looked really good in attack. Whats behind that?

He was head coach untill Lyn and co arrived, I'm guessing his role decreased until he was pretty much a water boy. Hope he finds something else but he isn't head coach material.

There will be loads leaving the Dragons next season, big clear out and a fresh start- we may even get scrum parity... now and again  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:02

rodders wrote:

Bear in mind here rodders how are fans from up here supposed to get our hands on tickets for these games? Munster fair enough and I have been the last two games but getting a ticket for Galway and in particular Leinster is well night impossible. 13500 ST holders in an 18000 capacity and to my knowledge there isn't the stringent 1/4 of tickets going to the away team

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:14

Notch wrote:
rodders wrote:

This is the slander you are perpetuating, that people are condescending to or criticising anyone for not having a season ticket. People are criticising those who have a sense of entitlement about getting tickets for the one biggest game of the season when they don't attend other games. There are perfectly valid reasons why people can't have a season ticket or can't attend games regularly- regrettably demand outstrips supply. Who should get preference then?
Can you point me out these posts from those with the sense of entitlement? 

It's for the club to determine who gets preference when demand outstrips supply - clearly it makes commercial sense to give priority to ST holders as a means to encourage people to buy STs.. No one is questioning the financial sense in this.

However my issue is with those who would advocate that this is the method which best isolates the true fan from the hanger on, because in my experience there are certainly plenty of genuine rugby fans without STs and quite a number of people who aren't who do..
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:17

Rodders there are more genuine fans that have ST's than there are hangers on. Its not ideal but whether or not they are a genuine rugby fan is almost irrelevant. Its what they put in to the organisation. If Ulster could they should trawl through these messageboards making sure idiots like us that jibber for ages about the game get tickets but it isn't feasible.

I don't like Bank Of Ireland getting a huge allocation of tickets but they pump their money in and get the perks.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:21

Standulstermen wrote:
Bear in mind here rodders how are fans from up here supposed to get our hands on tickets for these games? Munster fair enough and I have been the last two games but getting a ticket for Galway and in particular Leinster is well night impossible. 13500 ST holders in an 18000 capacity and to my knowledge there isn't the stringent 1/4 of tickets going to the away team

Accepted but the point stands that Ulster don't get huge travelling away support compared to their home crowds, so if some people want to criticise fans from west or north of the province for not travelling to Ravenhill on a Friday night, they might want to look a bit closer to home first.

That's a general comment btw - not aimed at anyone in particular.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:23

Spare a though for us exiled fans, I go to about two ulster matches a year, when they come to Edinburgh and when they come to Glasgow (yes I do make the ultimate sacrifice and voluntarily visit Glasgow). Last year was a bit of a bonus as we had Glasgow in our HEC group and I got to go to an extra game, pity it was a dreadful match.

Sure I would love to go to loads of ulster matches but hey my situation doesn't allow it, I still live and breath ulster and Ireland rugby, it doesn't bother me that much. I reckon the key to getting more fans interested and involved is improving an already decent television coverage of matches, making ulster matches easily accessible will spread the game in general to the masses, perfect example is my own grand mother, she is a die-hard GAA woman and more often than not if it's not on RTE she won't watch it, but recently when chatting to her she talks about watching the rugby on a Friday night and actually looking forward to it too!

It's hard not to respect a guy like Clive, he is obviously a very very very passionate fan, and rugby obviously plays a massive part in his life but he is willing to put that to one side in order to look after his family. There are probably a lot of fans like him in the same position.

I have been seeing people post statuses today, quoting the Belfast telegraph article on the ticket allocation, they have been calling it a disgrace etc, it's hardly a disgrace, it's a mild inconvenience at best.

It's nice to be in a circumstance where we are selling out games and bickering over ticket allocation, it's a stark comparison to say Edinburghshire situation where they struggle to get 2-3,000 on a good night at Murrayfield. That atmosphere is awful and takes a lot of the thrill out of the game.

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:27

Standulstermen wrote:Rodders there are more genuine fans that have ST's than there are hangers on. .

That's subjective stand - in my experience most of the ST holders I know, off these boards, had very little interest in rugby until very recently or have a ST via their work, by contrast a lot of people I know involved with local rugby clubs all their lives don't, in part because their club commitments mean they are tied up at the weekends.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:28

rodders wrote:
Notch wrote:
rodders wrote:

Can you point me out these posts from those with the sense of entitlement? 

It's for the club to determine who gets preference when demand outstrips supply - clearly it makes commercial sense to give priority to ST holders as a means to encourage people to buy STs.. No one is questioning the financial sense in this.

However my issue is with those who would advocate that this is the method which best isolates the true fan from the hanger on, because in my experience there are certainly plenty of genuine rugby fans without STs and quite a number of people who aren't who do..

I would direct you towards Ulster Rugbys Facebook page. As for your last point, there is no-one who fits that bill on here. A regrettable fact of life- I would much rather those who followed the team everywhere on the road were treated the same as ST holders but I suspect many are ST holders themselves.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:30

rodders wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:

Accepted but the point stands that Ulster don't get huge travelling away support compared to their home crowds, so if some people want to criticise fans from west or north of the province for not travelling to Ravenhill on a Friday night, they might want to look a bit closer to home first.

In fairness rodders I don't know what the regular away support is like. I can tell there have been plenty around when I have been in Dublin, Limerick, London, Biarritz and further. The Irish provinces in general I would say have excellent away support

Rodders off this board every single one of the ST holders I know is a genuine fan. I know welsh boys that are proud of the national team yet go everywhere with me supporting Ulster. They are Ulstermen now too.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 13:19

rodders wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:

Who's dismissing anybody? Where has anybody been dismissed? And who is claiming that season ticket holders are uber fans. Absolute nonsense..

NotchModerator

Mrs P.

Re: Ulster 2013/2014

by rodders Today at 11:29 am

My solution is for people who don't do the royal flush of away interpros every season, at a minimum, should stop judging and patronising people like clive for not going to ravenhill every Friday night or having a ST.

Hang on one minute there buddy! That is just not true!!

Show me where I have done that.

I am not criticising anyone for not being at Ravenhill. I am criticising folk who think that the system of ticket distribution was unfair because they didn't get a ticket.

How else should UR have arranged the distribution?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 14:35

OK back up the truck, I had to go and eat some prawn sandwiches for lunch there ...

Notch - I'm not going on the FB site because its full of muppets - if there are issues with those gobshoites then they should be directed to them rather than projected onto  people here, like Clive, who haven't complained at all.

Stand - you are lucky sir, no that's the wrong word, that you are a loyal hardcode supporter and surrounded by like minded folks - I have no doubt. But that does not mean that is representative of everyone who has a ST, because my experience is different. 

MrsP - The system of distribution is unfair - its unfair to those who don't have season tickets or who not involved with corporate sponsors  so of course some people will complain.

If you have issues with the complainers then by all means attack them directly but you can't come on here and make sweeping generalised comments about ST holders and non - ST holders and expect everyone to agree,
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 14:47

rodders wrote:OK back up the truck, I had to go and eat some prawn sandwiches for lunch there ...

Notch - I'm not going on the FB site because its full of muppets - if there are issues with those gobshoites then they should be directed to them rather than projected onto  people here, like Clive, who haven't complained at all.

Stand - you are lucky sir, no that's the wrong word, that you are a loyal hardcode supporter and surrounded by like minded folks - I have no doubt. But that does not mean that is representative of everyone who has a ST, because my experience is different. 

MrsP - The system of distribution is unfair - its unfair to those who don't have season tickets or who not involved with corporate sponsors  so of course some people will complain.

If you have issues with the complainers then by all means attack them directly but you can't come on here and make sweeping generalised comments about ST holders and non - ST holders and expect everyone to agree,

Backing up the truck does not even begin to cover it Rodders!

On this page alone you have accused me of dismissing fans from outside of Belfast, calling others Uber fans, "judging and patronising people like clive for not going to ravenhill every Friday night or having a ST" and "on here and make sweeping generalised comments about ST holders and non - ST holders"

I suggest you show me where I have done this or back up a lot more than the truck!

And, for completness, Clive has directed us all to his remarks in the BT which, I think could be classed as "complaining" although, I think I have every right to discuss the comments made on other social media sites too.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 14:58

MrsP wrote:While I have some sympathy for those (me included!) who can't get a ticket for the quarter final it does confuse me that folk who can't travel to Ravenhill for any other matches during the season can somehow manage to make it to the quarter final?

Did they move Ravenhill closer? Are the quater final tickets cheaper than a normal game?

If folk can't/don't make the effort to set foot near the place all season how can they complain about not getting a ticket for the knock out stages?

This comment is clearly directed to those who can't make to ravenhill every week (non -ST holders), with a clear reference to geographic aspects - you clearly believe therefore that those who are complaining about tickets are based outside of Belfast and not willing to attend other games out of choice - I asked you what this assessment was based on but you didn't reply directly....next one coming....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:02

This is geting out of hand a bit and i think a lot of this is to do with the age old problem of misconstruing tone and intent from a typed message. i would guarantee that the confusion wouldn't be happening if we all were talking face to face.

MrsP you are right you are intitled to debate this topic, as this type of issue will become more and more prevelant over the next few years as we grow as a club.

Please guys lets not get cranky with one another, as many of you guys know i dont post on here very often but i have been on this site a fair old while, i have always found the ulster posters some of the most level headed and rational lets keep it that way guys.

Also with our reactionary media, if somebody wrote an artical on someone crossing the road without waiting on the green man, there would be masses of complaints along with dramatic ignorant facbook comments. just do what most people do and ignore it as best you can.

Last edited by BelfastDickVet on Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:03; edited 1 time in total

BelfastDickVet

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:03

Rodders sorry but you are behaving like a complete prat and throwing around digs at all and sundry that are completely unjustified

Back off !!!

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:04

MrsP wrote:What allocation though?

Are you happy that someone who drinks in Cooke/Strabane/Dungannon Rugby Club on a friday night and never goes near an Ulster game gets a ticket ahead of you who pays for the privilege of standing in the rain every Friday night?

Clear insult directed to those involved in the club game outside Belfast, as being inferior fans than those live in close proximity to Belfast, or ST holders. A reference to Ballynahinch RFC for example might have provided balance but again there is s direct inference to supporters from outside the main catchment areas as being the issue.

In my experience those involved in the club game do more than just sit around drinking on a Friday night.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:06

rodders wrote:
MrsP wrote:While I have some sympathy for those (me included!) who can't get a ticket for the quarter final it does confuse me that folk who can't travel to Ravenhill for any other matches during the season can somehow manage to make it to the quarter final?

Did they move Ravenhill closer? Are the quater final tickets cheaper than a normal game?

If folk can't/don't make the effort to set foot near the place all season how can they complain about not getting a ticket for the knock out stages?

This comment is clearly directed to those who can't make to ravenhill every week [size=16]..and then complain because they didn't get tickets for one match where demand out stripped supply[/size}(non -ST holders), with a clear reference to geographic aspects - you clearly believe therefore that those who are complaining about tickets are based outside of Belfast and not willing to attend other games out of choice - I asked you what this assessment was based on but you didn't reply directly....next one coming....

That is the important bit! Not that these people happen to live too far away to make it to Ravenhill but that they thought they would nonetheless get tickets to this one game! The distant from their house to the quarter final is exactly the same as the distance from their house to the Dragons game tonight.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:08

rodders wrote:
MrsP wrote:What allocation though?

Are you happy that someone who drinks in Cooke/Strabane/Dungannon Rugby Club on a friday night and never goes near an Ulster game gets a ticket ahead of you who pays for the privilege of standing in the rain every Friday night?

Clear insult directed to those involved in the club game outside Belfast, as being inferior fans than those live in close proximity to Belfast, or ST holders. A reference to Ballynahinch RFC for example might have provided balance but again there is s direct inference to supporters from outside the main catchment areas as being the issue.

In my experience those involved in the club game do more than just sit around drinking on a Friday night.

The club my kids played for which is in Belfast.

Care to retract?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:12

geoff999rugby wrote:Rodders sorry but you are behaving like a complete prat and throwing around digs at all and sundry that are completely unjustified

Back off !!!

No I'm responding to deliberately provocative comments towards a certain section of Ulster supporters and if you don't agree then feel free to respond directly to the posts rather than using personal insults. please
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:13

See them STHs - a shower of ***** the lot of them - couldn’t see them far enough. Run 

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:13

Alright, ok- we're all a bit guilty of getting hot under the collar here myself included. Lets take a step back.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:13

Yeah.

Directed at all those supporters who live in South Belfast!

Rodders, the tin foil clearly is not working.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:14

clivemcl wrote:See them STHs - a shower of ***** the lot of them - couldn’t see them far enough. Run 

Thats the spirit Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:15

MrsP wrote:Yeah.

Directed at all those supporters who live in South Belfast!

They have rights too.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:18

rodders wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:

Disagree. There was an impressive amount of Ulster fans who I have seen go to Twickenham to see their side in the HC - quarter final vs Sarries and the final vs Leinster. Got a lot of respect for the support. I supported you vs Leinster.

If you had moved to a bigger ground it would have hardly sacrificed home advantage.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:18

So....

Are you SURE I am condemning supporters from outside of Belfast

"as being inferior fans than those live in close proximity to Belfast, or ST holders"

Whistle 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:22

...or is that what you thought was my motivation?

Retraction?????

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:22

....apology?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:23

If you want me to agree that a load of fair weather socialites from BT tower or Ulster bank ltd who go down to ravenhill for a yarn on Friday night on a work night out are a higher calibre of supporter than the poor overworked ground staff or transportless U-14 team down Strabane or Cooke (#Justice4SouthBelfast) RFC then I'm not having it.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:24

What I want you to do is accept that I was not doing the things you accused me of!

An apology would be appreciated.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:29

clivemcl wrote:See them STHs - a shower of ***** the lot of them - couldn’t see them far enough. Run 

Clive,

I have a friend who is a STH who might not be able to use their 1/4 final ticket...

Very Happy 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:30

Just having a look on the other supporters site and there is a bit of activity. They reckon Chris Farrell is off to Grenoble, Macklin and McAllister are currently in talks with some championship clubs potentially following Annett.

They are also saying we have as good as signed Keegan Daniel and a fairly good tighthead Wehahn Herbst who can also play loose, at 25 could be our next project. The front row union website are reporting this as well. They are also speculating that our NIQ lock signing had been secured a while ago but as i said this is just speculation.

What do you reckon Geoff, any weight behind this or just pure speculation

BelfastDickVet

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:41

rodders wrote:If you want me to agree that a load of fair weather socialites from BT tower or Ulster bank ltd who go down to ravenhill for a yarn on Friday night on a work night out are a higher calibre of supporter than the poor overworked ground staff or transportless U-14 team down Strabane or Cooke (#Justice4SouthBelfast) RFC then I'm not having it.

I was not maligning anyone who works hard in the grass roots of the game in ANY club either in or out of Belfast.

I was suggesting that merely being a member of a rugby club does not necessarily convey the status of stallwart of the game. Some folk just go for the social aspects!

You need to read what folks write, not what you think they mean!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:55

BelfastDickVet wrote:Just having a look on the other supporters site and there is a bit of activity. They reckon Chris Farrell is off to Grenoble, Macklin and McAllister are currently in talks with some championship clubs potentially following Annett.

They are also saying we have as good as signed Keegan Daniel and a fairly good tighthead Wehahn Herbst who can also play loose, at 25 could be our next project. The front row union website are reporting this as well. They are also speculating that our NIQ lock signing had been secured a while ago but as i said this is just speculation.

It would be a massive kick in the balls if McAllister left after over a full year of rehab Sad

I still hope he's going to come back and claim the first choice loose head spot!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:59

Here’s a true statement -

A fair few non-season ticket holders are passionate about Ulster, and also a fair few STHs are not passionate about Ulster.

I think we can all agree on that.

Here’s another true statement - Ulster are not going to start rewarding passion since it can’t be measured - they just need money - they will take it from anyone offering.

Sometimes people are allowed to be annoyed without expectation of a change of circumstances. I think its called venting.
You don’t need to reply with “how else would you do it?”.

But its worth raising awareness of the difficulty others are in.

If you had a two hour drive (three from Donegal) to be at Ravenhill, its perfectly understandable that you might limit your attendance to inter pros, HC games, and knock out games.

Phrases like ‘can’t be bothered’ or implying we are swayed by glory or weather conditions is not helpful.

Us country bumpkins just long to be understood!  Rolling Eyes 

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:00

MrsP wrote:

Clive,

I have a friend who is a STH who might not be able to use their 1/4 final ticket...

Very Happy 

STHs are the best kind of people in the whole world.... I take it all back!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:06

BelfastDickVet wrote:

I like to do a bit of digging round the net on rumoured players but I got more than I bargained for this time! Wedding photos - his missus was bride of the year apparantly!

http://www.saweddings.co.za/users/profileview/29687

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:10

Thing is Clive, I live 10 mins from the ground. I haven't made a game all season because the hubby goes and someone has to mind the weeuns and ferry them to their various stuff. I watch the games on telly too. I even went down and shovelled snow off the pitch for them a couple of years ago.

I would LOVE to have got a ticket for the quarter final but I understand why I can't and I don't think it's unfair.

What is unfair is being accused of all that rubbish by Rodders!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next