The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup.

+9
Brady12
Blade
Mr H
Kay Fabe
Fernando
Adam D
Miz NG
crippledtart
Holymiky
13 posters

Go down

Who's reply do you wish to vote for?

KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup. Vote_lcap9%KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup. Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup. Vote_lcap91%KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup. Vote_rcap 91% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup. Empty KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup.

Post by Holymiky Wed 18 May 2011, 3:01 pm

Ok here we go this is the 9th matchup on the card.

Below will be the answers from PM's i got off each person and i wan't you to use the poll's to vote for your favourite, i have set the poll to last 1 day.

The question i asked was:

What is your opinion of the roles of Hogan and Flair in TNA?

Person A.

What do I think of the roles of Flair and Hogan in TNA?

Well, they are both in it for the money. They are not helping TNA at all and they are harming the reputations of their legacies in WWF/WWE. Overall, they are OAPs who still think they are young men. One is addicted to blading to bleed themselves while the other one keeps saying "brother", which is stupid. They are worse than eric bishoff which is saying something. P.s I don't watch TNA so I just made this all up.

Person B.

I would wager that if you asked the average non wrestling fan to name a wrestler the answer they would give would be Hulk Hogan. During the 80's and 90's the guy was not only at the top of the wrestling industry he was ( and still is) a pop culture icon and genuine world wide star. In this respect Hogans name value alone adds weight to TNA's Challange to be a credible threat to WWEs viewing figures.

As for Hogans current role in TNA its not 1990 anymore and with his recent history of back sugerys from an in ring standpoint sad as it maybe I don't feel Hogan has much left to offer on a regular basis. Hogan himself currently rates his chances of an in ring return at 50/50, and whilst nostalgia will probably shift a few pay per view buys for the rumored Sting v Hogan match up in the long term a possible feud would do little to push TNA forward.

If indeed Hogan does have enough left in the tank for a couple of matches he should be booked against the likes of AJ Styles, Matt Morgan or Mr.Anderson, in other words guys with years ahead of them that TNA can build the company around. Imagine the rub it would give to someone like Robert Roode to have a pin fall victory over Hogan on the CV, but Hogan has had a aversion to doing the job through out his career, I cant see that changing so that should probably dictate that scenario is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So if Hogan cant cut it on the active roster, as a heel it only leaves him the role of owner/general manager, stable leader or 'being in someone's corner', which I think he does well, all be it that we have seen it all before from him. The current booking of the 'Immortal' and 'The Network' feud In my opinion has not been great and has left his character looking rather stale at this point in time.

I believe the best way to get value from Hogan is to eventually turn him face and have him indorse someone like say Styles or Roode as the face of the company. He should be used as 'the Babe Ruth of wrestling' and should only make occasional apperance's on screen so when Hogan appears it seems important rather than just Hogan hogging the spot light with his buddies. Hogan is a master of wrestling politics and if he put as much effort into his creative role as he does putting himself over he could well turn out to be a valuable asset to TNA.

As for Ric Flair, Flair is what he says he is, he is a 'wrestling god' but evens gods have a shelf life and from an in ring standpoint Flair is well past his. Flair just plays a parody now of his former self and in a way its sad to see but having said that there is still something comical to be found watching Flair's tired old routine.

Whether it be his head looking like a beetroot ready to explode during yet another barely understandable jet flying, kiss stealing son of a gun promo or seeing his saggy ass getting thrown of the top turnbuckle for the 500th time, the old timer still has something.

The bizarre thing about Flair is his peverse insistance of blading, whether it be on impact or on a PPV if Flair is involved in a physical angle chances are he will blade. I would like to see him stop bleeding all the time as not only does it take away from the (pardon the pun) impact blood loss should have it is somewhat disturbing to see a pensioner bleed week in week out however iconic the image of Flair's white locks stained red in battle maybe.

I think Flair suits his role as cocky heel group mouthpiece and as long as he only makes occasional in ring excursions I think he can continue to be of value to TNA for a few years to come.

The problem TNA have with these two gentlemen is both Hogan and Flair are only there due to personal situations and financial reasons, is no secret either man has a large divorce settlement and high flying lifestyle to maintain. Its all about the money to them, they are not there for there love of the company, but it was Dixie Carter who called them not vice versa lets not forget.

I would imagine both Hogan and Flair have a lot of creative control written into there contracts and with their egos I think they'll continue to receive a lot of air time and have a me first attitude, in other words Hogan and Flair will do whats good for Hogan and Flair even if thats not whats best for the company.

In conclusion I think Hogan and Flair have a lot of positives and a lot of negatives to offer to TNA in 2011, they add name value, experience and merchandising streams but little from an actual wrestling perspective.

For TNA to take a step up to the next level they will need to push there outstanding younger performers ( Syles, Roode, Joe etc..) and X division high fliers and I can see no evidence at this time to suggest that Hogan and Flair are willing or indeed able to make that happen. Im afraid as long as the money keeps rolling in Hogan and Flair will continue in there current roles, being pushed heavily and taking up TV time that could be and should be utilised by show casing TNA's actual wrestling talent. If TNA focused more on its strong points and less on trying to be WWE, they could yet get to that next level, the place they want to be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so just to remind you, you can vote on the following guidelines:

1). You enjoyed reading the reply.
2). You thought the argument was explained thoroughly
3). You just liked the reply!
4). You thought it was informative and well written.

Oh and please try not to vote for yourselves!

Let the voting commence!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup. Empty Re: KOTR Round 1 9th Matchup.

Post by crippledtart Wed 18 May 2011, 3:21 pm

I really like Person B's answer. Even though it is quite long I didn't get bored at any point reading it. I also agree with a lot of what they have said.

I don't know why Person A even bothered to enter the competition. Like I said about a previous match up, if you don't care about your answer why should I?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 18 May 2011, 3:30 pm

I echo what Crips said.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2011, 3:34 pm

I opted for B. Purely because they displayed a degree of knowledge and their sentiment echoes mine on the topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011, 3:37 pm

I had to go for B although I disagreed with the viewpoint on Flair. I think he has been gold in TNA.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 18 May 2011, 3:40 pm

to be fair to poster not much he can do if he don't watch tna.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 18 May 2011, 5:10 pm

I think entering a competition like this is pointless if your intrest and knowledge is only one federation

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 18 May 2011, 5:15 pm

I voted Poster B purely because they gave ashit.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed 18 May 2011, 8:50 pm

i voted for b,very informative at what he wrote,A just seamed like he couldn't be bothered.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 18 May 2011, 9:00 pm

Yarmouth I thought you where A

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed 18 May 2011, 9:21 pm

lol nah not me mate
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 18 May 2011, 9:26 pm

Who voted for a??

One of the best & worst answers i've seen so far on here....

Everyone has the right to enter but if you restrict your knowledge to WWE your going to come unstuck somewhere down the line

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 18 May 2011, 10:25 pm

Guys, I was A

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 18 May 2011, 11:30 pm

WickhamWonderland wrote:Guys, I was A

i thought you would of knew more about tna honestly wickham. maybe you should branch out and watch tna and roh at some point thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 27 May 2011, 12:14 am

Whats happened here? It feels like this has been going on long than the Raw GM storyline

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri 27 May 2011, 9:25 am

lol, I believe Miky is away on holiday this week and the tournament shall continue upon his return (which he informs me shall be tuesday)

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:02 pm

Not sure if anyone will read this but only just found these pages and think the idea is fantastic... someone should start this up from scratch.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

It was a top idea MtotheC, one of which that someone who ran a very successful World Cup would be brilliant of picking up the mantle of...

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

tbh it does interest me, however i would be more interested in actively taking part, if someone else wanted to run it, maybe a certain internet forum founder and im not talking about hobo or YI...

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:31 pm

Macclads wrote:It was a top idea MtotheC, one of which that someone who ran a very successful World Cup would be brilliant of picking up the mantle of...

Would that person also be someone who wasnt so good at running a music cup? (but infinitely better than the Movie cup guy!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:35 pm

Brady got fed up waiting for the second round Laugh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:51 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Brady got fed up waiting for the second round Laugh

I read some of it back and it cracked me up! Brady really does have a touch of the victor meldrew's about him, i wish i could go back in time and change my vote for the most augmentative bugger of the year award. Im missing his heelish ways already rose

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down