The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton Promotions address WBC rumours

+3
Izzi
ONETWOFOREVER
hampo17
7 posters

Go down

Hatton Promotions address WBC rumours  Empty Hatton Promotions address WBC rumours

Post by hampo17 Sat 11 Jan 2014, 4:35 pm

HATTON PROMOTIONS would like to address rumours suggesting that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez's March 8 clash with fellow Mexican Alfredo Angulo has been made for the vacant WBC light-middleweight title.

At the present time, undefeated Sergey Rabchenko is the WBC's number one ranked contender and holds the sanctioning body's prestigious Silver title.

Rabchenko's rating places him one position higher than former holder Saul Alvarez, while Angulo lost his last fight by stoppage and does not appear in the ratings at all.

Both Rabchenko's promoter, Ricky Hatton, and his manager, Philippe Fondu, are determined to stake Sergey's claim to a shot at the title and will be holding discussions with the WBC.

"I'm sure the WBC will respect Sergey's position and allow him to box for the title he deserves," said Hatton.

"Since winning the Silver belt, Sergey's been very proud of representing the WBC and I know he wants the opportunity to fight for the full world title more than anything.

"Hatton Promotions will do everything it can to make sure Sergey's position is honoured".

Rabchenko, who is also the European champion, will be taking part at the WBC's Champions Race in Mexico alongside stablemate and WBC Youth Silver titlist Damien Hooper on January 26.

Organised in association with Emoción Deportiva and Grupo Martí, the event features runs up to 12km and aims to encourage dedication in order to fight addiction, obesity and other physical problems

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hatton Promotions address WBC rumours  Empty Re: Hatton Promotions address WBC rumours

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 11 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm

Money talks 

Canelo v Angulo is a big Mexican fight that will most likely be exciting so a belt will be the cherry on top.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Hatton Promotions address WBC rumours  Empty Re: Hatton Promotions address WBC rumours

Post by Izzi Sat 11 Jan 2014, 4:44 pm

"holds the sanctioning body's prestigious Silver title."

Now there's a red herring if I ever saw one.

Also unaware that we'd set up an RSS feed to pull in press releases with no opinions added to stir debate.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 11 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm

The journal is a site that brings news and opinions to fans attention Izzi, you may not take any interest in the work we do on the journal but the forum is linked to it and articles have always featured on here.

I would add I can't remember you started a thread that caused debate either.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 11 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

I can see the all Mexican affair being for the WBC title and then Rabchenko being made mandatory after

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 11 Jan 2014, 8:18 pm

The WBC will be all over the Canelo fight, hatton promotions are whistling in the dark, the best they can hope for is a mandatory shot at the winner. But as that'll be Canelo, don't expect the WBC to be forcing that golden goose to do anything he doesn't want to.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 12 Jan 2014, 12:10 am

Rabchenko will probably get paid to step aside. I'm guessing that's more what they are looking for rather than having any real belief that they get in first

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 12 Jan 2014, 10:14 am

How the hell are Canelo and El Perro fighting for the WBC super welterweight title?

Mayweather holds the title. He's neither vacated or been stripped...

Bloody WBC making up their own rules again...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down