The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things your partner does or says that Irritate you ????

+10
Steffan
The Fourth Lion
ONETWOFOREVER
Lumbering_Jack
B91212
kingraf
BlueCoverman
Duty281
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Things your partner does or says that Irritate you  ???? Empty Things your partner does or says that Irritate you ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 3:31 pm

You live with anybody for any length of time....You notice habits forming in your significant others behaviour..........Some you like some you don't.........

Human beings are creatures of habit..........What gets your goat.........

1. She likes talking so much.......She tends to finish off what you are trying to say so she can have her turn quicker.........

2. If she's losing an argument ... she will try to expand the argument to get on more comfortable ground and gain an advantage..

3. She insists on introducing me to company as her 'Souvenir from America'......

4. She doesn't know where the kitchen is.....

5. Hides her titanic DVD so well.........I can never find it to burn the damn thing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Things your partner does or says that Irritate you  ???? Empty Re: Things your partner does or says that Irritate you ????

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 4:01 pm

Whenever my wifes wants/needs something doing, instead of saying (for example) "Will you take the rubbish out?" she asks "Would you like to take the rubbish out?"

"NO, I wouldn't like to take the rubbish out, it smells, and it's cold outside and you've parked the ******* car so close to the side of the house that I can't get the bin past without moving the damn thing and I don't where you've thrown your keys however...if you're asking me to take the rubbish out then I'll do it gladly my sweet!"

Thing is, she gets it from her mother who asks things in exactly the same way. There's nothing inherently wrong in what she's asking or even the tone of voice but the way it's phrased really (and this may just have to go in another thread) grinds my gears.

What else, she falls asleep on the sofa in the evening so I switch the TV off and we go up to bed whereupon she promptly switches on the upstairs TV and turns the volume down to inaudible (to a quarter century of Heavy Metal assaulted ears) and says it helps her fall asleep.

"You were already asleep, that's why we came to bed!"

Back to top Go down

Things your partner does or says that Irritate you  ???? Empty Re: Things your partner does or says that Irritate you ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 4:19 pm

Laugh ...... clap 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Jan 2014, 4:26 pm

Very little as obviously TSMR is near perfect, she would not have ensnared me was it any other way. However she does have a complete inability to just do things without planning it as if it is a military operation. When we are going away for the weekend we have to plan where when and what we are eating and where we plan to go. I am more a go with the flow, turn up and see how the mood takes kind of chap. Have also got my head up my arse most of the time, barely know what I am doing for the rest of the day, how she expects me to plan an evening six weeks off is beyond me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
2. If she's losing an argument ... she will try to expand the argument to get on more comfortable ground and gain an advantage..

She'd fit in very well on this forum then!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 4:40 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

She'd fit in very well on this forum then!

ONETWO used to be a Woman.....Maybe I'm arguing with her on here and I don't know it !! Wink 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

When I first met her we would go out for the evening, she would drink a bottle of white wine and then want to have sex all night...now we go out for the evening, she drinks a bottle of white wine and then falls asleep!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:42 pm

Just wait till you've been married 20 years.......

It's cocoa and then an elbow in the ribs and 'If I can't sleep you're not going to either'

The closest thing to sex is watching one of your Attenborough documentaries

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:45 pm

I love my girlfriend, and the last eleven months have been fantastic, but -

1) She's Namibian-German, and when she gets real upset she mouths off at me in German... English isn't even my fourth language and I make the effort to argue with her in English.

that is all.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:51 pm

Laugh thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm

A couple off the top of my head (there are more).

1- Cleaning the house to a totally obsessive standard every time we go away as she 'doesn't like coming back to a messy house'. Even if it's just for a couple of nights it's the same thing although she cleans the place most days anyway. She will even text me at work a few days before we leave asking if I've done in this room or that room or the office or whatever because she wants to clean it and 'close the door' so it's done. Why? who the f*** is going to see it? Anyone breaking will be most impressed, perhaps they will even leave us a nice note commenting on the cleanliness standard of the place before they ransack it.

2- Talking crap. Example this, calls me at work to say the council are clearing the snow and have piled it 6' high in front of the driveway and she can't get her car out of the garage (to go to Costco, although she's not even ready at that moment anyway). Just wait I say, the crew that collects the snow usually arrive within 15 minutes. No she says, somebody at work said they are not doing that now due to cutbacks. Can't see that I comment, elderly folks etc will be stuck, just give it time. 10 minutes later I get a text saying a second crew have arrived but they are not clearing the snow from the driveway, only that at the end of the road. I'm sure they will get to the drives I respond. Another 10 minutes pass and another text, they are clearing the driveways now but only because me and the neighbor went outside and watched them so they must have felt guilty. Really? Did they only do ours and the next door neighbors or every house? So I guess the whole sub-division should be thankful because the only reason they will be able to pull onto their driveways tonight after work is because you and the neighbor intimidated them enough into doing it.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:51 pm

Like Rowley, my girlfriend is almost perfect, she however must plan things weeks or months in advance. It includes lists, packing suitcases 2 weeks before we travel, planning her menu at the restaurant etc...

She also takes photos of her food and puts them on Facebook.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Jan 2014, 12:30 pm

'We did say we were going to the theatre on Saturday didn't we'

No you said it and I wanted a quiet life.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 18 Jan 2014, 1:59 pm

I am not seeing anyone at the mo but the last bird to irritate me told me my time was up.........

I paid for the hour

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:17 am

The Me'm Sahib is infinitely subtle in her ways and even after <ahem> "many years" of wedded bliss, I am still unable to work out when I'm being suckered until after it has happened.

But she's a marvellous woman and I wouldn't change her for the world (unless somebody has a Gibson Les Paul classic, left handed model, with humbucker pickups, in sunburst finish that they're willing to exchange).

She is the master (or should that be mistress..?) of the fait accomplis but try as I might, I can't fault her for any of the things that some husbands may find trying.  After all, she has to live with me and that alone requires a level of understanding, tolerance, patience and sometimes, downright refusal to quit in the face of sheer idiocy that may have caused many to give up in despair long ago.

I could call her little ways "faults", but I won't.  She's the best and I'm a lucky bloke to have her.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm

I was seeing a girl for a few months recently and she had 4 cats and 2 dogs

I knew it wouldnt last from the start as I hate cats (dirty pointless parasites) and while I dont mind some dogs I generally believe that pets are nothing other than a waste of time and money and a load of hassle and why anyone would want to share a home with an animal is beyond me but each to their own I guess

Anyway I gave it a try as she seemed nice at first but this girl was also a bit of a moaning Minnie and she was always complaining how tight money was and how the council tax was too much and how having her laptop fixed cost a fortune and her flat needed work which was gonna make her skint etc and when we were seeing each other I couldnt say anything

After we split though we stayed friends and she would still moan so one day I just turned around and told her that she could afford to spend hundreds a year on cat and dog food and all those things that cats climb on and a bed for the dogs etc so she cant be that skint

That shut the biatch up  Very Happy

Anyway im going on a date next week and so far she hasnt done anything to pee me off yet although im sure that will change pretty quick

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:50 pm

Biting her nails and spitting the remains out onto the living room floor.
Not emptying the food waste bin.
Her ipod play list. Full of 80s crap like Roxette, Bangles, chris isaacs.
Screetching my name across the house when she wants/needs something.
Having the heating on full blast yet the upstairs windows are open because she 'Likes the rooms to be aired'
Anyhoo...I love her, she's good looking, intelligent, gsoh, great cook and a top shag.

Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:56 pm

Breadvan wrote:Biting her nails and spitting the remains out onto the living room floor.
Having the heating on full blast yet the upstairs windows are open because she 'Likes the rooms to be aired'
Anyhoo...I love her, she's good looking, intelligent, gsoh, great cook and a top shag.

She certainly is..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm

'I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed......'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:22 pm

"I disagree and I think that says more about you..." HOW?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:32 pm

"Are you sure It's a good idea" .....In other words it's not happening in a million years..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:39 pm

'I thought it would be nice to do something together?' - Will you accompany me to something which I know will totally f up your plans for the weekend.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:41 pm

My wife is lovely and perfect in every way

EXCEPT:

Complains whe's cold, and turns the heating way up, but never thinks to put on a jumper. Then complains about the bill (which I pay).

Argments and the use of feminine logic - I either get the silent treatment or a 'you know what you did wrong, and if you didn't you are stupid...'. Come on, I'm a man - I don't do subtlety. Tell me what I've screwed up on this time...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm

An ex once gave me the silent treatment for three days or as I like to call it, we played the "What the **** have I done wrong now?" game. We broke up 14 years ago and I still have no idea what I'm supposed to have done but I learned long ago to work on the assumption that it was horrible and I did it deliberately cos I'm a pig.

One of her mates once told her she seen me all snuggly in a pub with another woman despite me having a ticket stub, tour t-shirt and mosh-pit bruises to prove I was elsewhere at the time. Her mate swore it was me and when I finally saw the guy he looked **** all like me. Even when confronted with the evidence and her mate admitting she was wrong, I'm still to receive an apology.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:One of her mates once told her she seen me all snuggly in a pub with another woman

"Both drinking pints".......That's when she believed her mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm

She'd buy her own pints...greedy mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 23 Jan 2014, 5:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Breadvan wrote:Biting her nails and spitting the remains out onto the living room floor.

She certainly is..

Dammit!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by killer-boosh Tue 18 Mar 2014, 11:13 am

I love the Wife but my god she can be a pain the backside

talking when i am watching the TV, then getting peed off when i talk to her during her programs.

Watching rubbish TV in which nothing happens that really matters, Holby City, Waterloo Road, any Animal rescue programs.

Watching films normally horror and saying why are they running in the the woods, because love if the ran to the police station, it would be a very short film!

Complaining when i fart but it is fine for her to do it.

GRRRRRRRR

killer-boosh

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Mar 2014, 11:20 am

Love a Woman that likes a good horror movie...

Maybe we can do a swap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by killer-boosh Tue 18 Mar 2014, 11:26 am

the sad thing is she does not like good horror movies, I have had to sit through some dire movies with her.

The worst being House 3, just really poor

killer-boosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down