The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France captain Thierry Dusautoir ruled out of 6N.

+2
wolfball
Artful_Dodger
6 posters

Go down

France captain Thierry Dusautoir ruled out of 6N. Empty France captain Thierry Dusautoir ruled out of 6N.

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 19 Jan - 16:06

Big blow for France.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25800846

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

France captain Thierry Dusautoir ruled out of 6N. Empty Re: France captain Thierry Dusautoir ruled out of 6N.

Post by wolfball Sun 19 Jan - 19:09

One of my favourite players, sad to see him out, but as France our are bogie team, feel alot better about the match in Paris now.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

France captain Thierry Dusautoir ruled out of 6N. Empty Re: France captain Thierry Dusautoir ruled out of 6N.

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 19 Jan - 20:00

Damn gonna have to change my dream team now.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 19 Jan - 20:13

Not as bad for France than for Toulouse.  There is not a lack of depth at flanker so will be good to see Lauret,  Bruni , Burban or someone else given a real chance.
Big blow today is the injury of winger Guitoune. There is nobody near as good. He played 1400 minutes since the start if the season, Dusautoir played 1300 apparently... No need to look anywhere else. Both got done during meaningless HC games (could also add Lopez and Tales to this list) . Might actually be a good thing that there is none of this euro rugby competition next year for the world cup.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 19 Jan - 20:31

It is all ways the same year in year out, just before the 6ns top players from all countrys start to pick up injuries. Shame about Dusautoir getting injured. Lets hope thier is no more before the 6ns.

I want too see all teams put out their best players, to make it a one of the best tournaments thier is.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan - 20:32

Shame for you guys whocares. Like you say though, presents an opportunity for someone to show they have what it takes.

Question, is there any talk of Dusautoir reaching the end of his career? I think he's 31 and not too much younger than our captain McCaw and there's a lot of talk around him being in his twilight. Just curious how long you guys see Dusautoir playing in the future and how you guys feel about life without him. It was panic for us, until we saw some replacements step in and do ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 19 Jan - 20:39

I reckon he will retire after the 2015 RWC at least from international level. He has been our captain after all but he peaked a couple of years ago and while he's still a top player I dont value him as much as I did back in 2007-2010. First he needs to be rested and I hope he wont get selected to tour Australia this summer once he's back. Also might be an opportunity to try a different type of backrow with maybe a real open side or blind side.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristolian Sun 19 Jan - 20:44

Whocares, as a player he may be replaceable, but I've always felt he is a natural leader, whether wearing the captain's armband or not. Could this be the biggest loss caused by his absence?

By the way, I feel exactly the same about the possibility of no Euro competition next year, especially as I support a lower league team  with more chance of contesting the World Cup Final. I watch HK games not caring who wins, just that no England players get injured!

Bristolian

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 19 Jan - 20:52

Yeah Bristolian, Am in the same boat as my home team is usually only concerned by relegation!
The thing about Dusautoir as captain is not straightforward. On one hand he's the type of guy that leads by example * on and off the pitch but on the other hand when it comes to shouting and being loud when things dont work, it is not on at all as he seems like almost too shy and nice for the job.

* : I remember times during a couple of games when France was on the backfoot being underpressure that Dusautoir chose to make a huge tackle making a few metres in the process and sometimes a turnover. You could see all his team mates looking at him and being very thankfull!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristolian Sun 19 Jan - 21:01

Yeah captaincy is difficult, and I've often felt leading France must be really tough, as when things go wrong for France the team really can seem to implode. I guess its then that you need a captain to bang heads together/unite the team! Who would be your pick as captain for the 6N? Off the top of my head I don't see too many candidates in the squad...

Bristolian

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 19 Jan - 21:07

It will be Pape almost by default. Would have gone for the racing hooker because he fits the job desciption but he's not 1st choice anymore (kayser shall start). Long term, I'd like Parra to be given a try just to annoy the referees !

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristolian Sun 19 Jan - 21:19

Parra? Hmmm, France being captained by a skilful, commanding, yet mouthy and irritating scrum half. Galthié all over again!

Bristolian

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 19 Jan - 22:04

I suppose it depends if he starts or comes off the bench, what about the Hooker (Sarcheski) i think his name is?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down