The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Is The End Coming For David Moyes?" by Tommy Kinsman

3 posters

Go down

"Is The End Coming For David Moyes?" by Tommy Kinsman Empty "Is The End Coming For David Moyes?" by Tommy Kinsman

Post by VDT Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:52 pm

New Article by one of our newest writers Tommy Kinsman who has taken a look at David Moyes' time at United

"At the end of last season when Sir Alex decided to pack it in, and hand over the keys to Old Trafford there was very little push back to the appointment of Moyes. If anything over the past few years, many felt the Scotsman was the heir apparent."

http://v2journal.com/22/post/2014/01/is-the-end-coming-for-david-moyes.html

Tommy is well worth a follow on the old twitter as well - @TommyKinsman
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

"Is The End Coming For David Moyes?" by Tommy Kinsman Empty Re: "Is The End Coming For David Moyes?" by Tommy Kinsman

Post by The Fourth Lion Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:45 am

United haven't sacked a manager since 1986, and as it was Ron Atkinson, that makes it alright.

I think United will hold their nerve, see this season out and then, with new signings in place and a fresh start in front of them, they'll see where it goes from there.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

"Is The End Coming For David Moyes?" by Tommy Kinsman Empty Re: "Is The End Coming For David Moyes?" by Tommy Kinsman

Post by guildfordbat Sat 25 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

That is a good article by Tommy Kinsman. As an elder statesman of the forum (ok then, an old git!), I posted in the summer about the shadow of Sir Matt Busby that continued to hang over Old Trafford and his successors following his retirement. I don't think that's been the greatest problem for Moyes  - more, too many players coming to the end of their careers with inadequate replacements. Nonetheless, some parallels might still be drawn. I'll see if I can dig it out and re-post.*

As for what happens next, I tend to agree with Lion. Ferguson's impact was not immediate and his strength was built upon the time he was allowed by the United board. As well as being a mistake, it would be perceived as shamefully inconsistent for the current board to sack their manager after only a few months in the job. The only caveat to that is if United's form worsens and Moyes genuinely believes by the summer that it would be in everyone's interests for him to walk away.

*Edit: now re-posted on the Premier League thread, under article headed ''Utd's New Man''.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down