The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best day of the year (2014)

5 posters

Go down

Best day of the year (2014) Empty Best day of the year (2014)

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:25 am

The first 6Ns weekend always to me, personally, represents easily the best day of the year.
The best Nations in Europe each go into battle for five one-offs and the tables show that no-one has a point on the board or on the field of play.

Whilst I'd prefer a league system of promoted/relegated home/away 4Ns with summer play-offs to decide the difference, I still love the 6Ns.

Good luck to all sides.

This year I fancy Hibernia with its All-Ireland defensive system and trench warfare within their 22 to win an attritional war but who knows?

Merry 6Nmas!

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Best day of the year (2014) Empty Re: Best day of the year (2014)

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:55 am

A weekend is two days and three nights. The opening weekend this year is over two days. Which is the better?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:03 pm

5 weeks in an already the best day of the year is done and dusted. Only 47 more to go...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:10 pm

Kia, I prefer Internationals to be played on Saturday but as needs must to retain public and commercial interest, a 2 o'clock (local time) Sunday fixture is OK. Friday nights are rubbish for fans in attendance from any distance from the ground. So on their behalf, I don't like them

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:12 pm

It is also my favorite day of the year. Love, love, love the six nations.

I think wales or France will win but England deserve to be favorites too and Ireland could come close.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:13 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:The first 6Ns weekend always to me, personally, represents easily the best day of the year.
The best Nations in Europe each go into battle for five one-offs and the tables show that no-one has a point on the board or on the field of play.

Whilst I'd prefer a league system of promoted/relegated home/away 4Ns with summer play-offs to decide the difference, I still love the 6Ns.

Good luck to all sides.

This year I fancy Hibernia with its All-Ireland defensive system and trench warfare within their 22 to win an attritional war but who knows?

Merry 6Nmas!

Mods!!!!

Someone has hacked Portnoy's account!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:45 pm

MrsP wrote:
Portnoy's Complaint wrote:The first 6Ns weekend always to me, personally, represents easily the best day of the year.

Good luck to all sides.

Merry 6Nmas!

Mods!!!!

Someone has hacked Portnoy's account!
You are confusing my attitude between international and domestic leagues, MrsP. Domestic leagues are played home and away in all weathers and home and away. I'm against playoffs for the determination of champions after the rough and tumble of a season. In fact, given their comparative finances, I'd be agin inter-divisional playoffs to determine domestic promotion/relegation.

International sides have (relatively) fixed resources so you'd expect promoted sides to be better/stronger so why not have a play-off system to get the deserving nations playing home and away to secure the most deserving sides be in each division?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down