The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races.

+4
Gregers
CaledonianCraig
Good Golly I'm Olly
sportform
8 posters

Go down

Do you want double points in any races?

Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races. Vote_lcap17%Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races. Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races. Vote_lcap83%Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races. Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 12

Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races. Empty Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races.

Post by sportform Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:49 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25955560

Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points on offer for the last three races. Is Ecclestone losing the plot in his old age? Here is an idea how about 19 races with double points?
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races. Empty Re: Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races.

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 12:21 am

If Ecclestone was a horse he would be put out of his misery.  He thinks his plan would make the last few races more popular, but all it will do is make the first 16 races less popular. The sport will be turned into a farce.

Back to top Go down

Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races. Empty Re: Bernie Ecclestone now wants double points for last three races.

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Jan 2014, 12:54 am

Formula One really doing its best to just shoot itself in the foot. What is this old fool on?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:49 am

His incompetence holds no bounds. Hey-ho though some posters here idolise him but facts here are that the teams, fans and drivers are strongly against this idea yet the dictator wants it (the only one) so it is going to happen. I see similarities here with the attitude of the Hull City owner.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

Ideally no double points but he seams determine to push this through. With that in mind how about this:

Australia, Monaco, Spa and Abu Dhabi to have double points

Thats the start and finish races plus two of the most iconic races. Set it up as race 1, race 9, race 10, race 19

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:47 pm

Gregers wrote:Ideally no double points but he seams determine to push this through. With that in mind how about this:

Australia, Monaco, Spa and Abu Dhabi to have double points

Thats the start and finish races plus two of the most iconic races. Set it up as race 1, race 9, race 10, race 19

If they do decide to go ahead with it, that would be a better way, spread evenly though the season, but instead of Monaco, where pole position virtually guarantees a win, I'd make it Silverstone, Hockenheim, Canada or one of the US races.

Think I'm with the majority here though, in thinking the old coot has finally gone properly senile. picard Headscratch
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 30 Jan 2014, 11:01 pm

Under no circumstances do I want double points. Ludicrous idea or as Vettel describes it 'absurd'.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 5:32 am

It would be ironic if Red Bull and Vettel need the double points from the last race to win a fifth straight championship title.  The double points have been brought in in order to decrease the chances of Red Bull and Vettel winning another title.  Why don't they just have a handicap system like the do in horse racing?

But the weird thing is they shouldn't have brought this in given that there are so many other changes being introduced that is likely to shuffle the pack and favour those teams with more powerful engines such as Mercedes - at least if stories circulating in the media are to be believed.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:41 am

Ironic that Ecclestone's best buddy - the man behind the Brazilian Grand Prix has ensured his grand prix has double points. Smacks of one of Bernie's old pals act and to hell with what the rest of F1 wants.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 11 Feb 2014, 5:29 pm

Nore Staat wrote:It would be ironic if Red Bull and Vettel need the double points from the last race to win a fifth straight championship title.  The double points have been brought in in order to decrease the chances of Red Bull and Vettel winning another title.  Why don't they just have a handicap system like the do in horse racing?

But the weird thing is they shouldn't have brought this in given that there are so many other changes being introduced that is likely to shuffle the pack and favour those teams with more powerful engines such as Mercedes - at least if stories circulating in the media are to be believed.

Agreed.

And as for a handicap system, they could have 2 races instead of 20-30 laps each and reverse the qualifying grid from Race 1 for the 2nd race...or even draw driver's names from a helmet, if they wanted it to be really random. Wink

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Feb 2014, 5:31 pm

It makes more sense than 1. If they were really dead set on it, and its really none of the teams want to tell Bernie to eff off, should make it Aus, Spa and Abu Dhabi
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm

Should be irrelevant now the High Court judge ruled the billionaire had committed bribery and lied about doing so.

He can not stay.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 21 Feb 2014, 10:11 pm

He's still got a court case for bribery upcoming.

Even if he steps down hell still be pulling the strings
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 23 Feb 2014, 6:35 pm

I see Bernie is deep in planning for the Russian Grand Prix by sucking up to Putin as much as he can.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/bernie-ecclestone-completely-agrees-with-vladimir-putins-antigay-laws-and-so-do-90-per-cent-of-the-world-says-f1-boss-9143643.html

Rolling Eyes 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:53 pm

Mexico, Russia & now Azerbaijan has entered the frame for a race.  Rolling Eyes 

I see it financially benefits a certain Mr. Briatore, if agreed. Old Bernie upto his old tricks, pulling the strings & helping out old friends.  Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 12 Mar 2014, 1:50 am

Good for Flavio if it comes off - Things haven't quite gone right for him since Seal stole his wife, and Ron Dennis stole his driver. The 2000s weren't too kind on him, but it's looking up now - criminal record more or less rescinded, young child, and now a cash cow. Redemption story if ever there was one
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down