The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best match of Rugby League you have seen?

5 posters

Go down

What is the best match of Rugby League you have seen? Empty What is the best match of Rugby League you have seen?

Post by hbk48942 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:21 pm

can be any match?

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

What is the best match of Rugby League you have seen? Empty Re: What is the best match of Rugby League you have seen?

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:38 pm

There was a Super League meeting in 2000 between Wigan and Bradford which Wigan nicked in the final few seconds after a spellbinder. Trailing 14-19, Kris Radlinski put the finishing touches on a superb move to get over with a try just a second or so after the clock hit 80:00, and Andy Farrell , cool as you like, converted a potentially tricky kick to take Wigan over the line 20-19.

Great, great match. There are others, but that one came to mind straight away.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

What is the best match of Rugby League you have seen? Empty Re: What is the best match of Rugby League you have seen?

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 2:06 am

Without doubt the 1985 challenge cup final between Wigan and and Hull FC.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:22 am

The most comprehensive performance I have seen at international level was the recent RLWC Final.

I don't think I've ever a seen a more ruthless, error free performance when the stakes are so high. (even the All Blacks are never that perfect; different game I know... but they are my yardstick when it comes to ultimate performances on the field)

The execution of the tries (with the small in-goal areas) was astounding... if any of those kicks were a meter either side the scoreline might have been different. The defence was incredible as well.

In fact, going into that match I genuinely felt that NZ had the players and the game to cause the Roos problems.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 12 Oct 2014, 2:29 pm

On the international front it would have to be GB v Australia at Wembley 1994. GB with 12 men.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 17 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm

Game from the 90's, Hull KR 8 Hull FC 0, got s penalty in the 20th min, scored in the 80th, inbetween just draining.

In terms of atmosphere, either 97 derby at the Boulevard, or 07 derby at the KC (lost both), just fantastic.

International (George will have to help here), but a Great Britain game late 80's, Melbourne I think, absolutely stuffed the Aussies 33-12 if memory serves me.

There are far to many really to just pick one out, beating The all concurring Wigan 8-0, the 90 division 1 premiership final, quite a few games v Cas & Saints, last game at the old Craven Park, 06 NL1 grand final, 05 Northern rail cup final. Plus others.
Its why I love rugby league, most games have something in them that you remember or talk about.
Oh yeah and any derby win if course.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 2:53 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Game from the 90's, Hull KR 8 Hull FC 0, got s penalty in the 20th min, scored in the 80th, inbetween just draining.

In terms of atmosphere, either 97 derby at the Boulevard, or 07 derby at the KC (lost both), just fantastic.

International (George will have to help here), but a Great Britain game late 80's, Melbourne I think, absolutely stuffed the Aussies 33-12 if memory serves me.

There are far to many really to just pick one out, beating The all concurring Wigan 8-0, the 90 division 1 premiership final, quite a few games v Cas & Saints, last game at the old Craven Park, 06 NL1 grand final, 05 Northern rail cup final. Plus others.
Its why I love rugby league, most games have something in them that you remember or talk about.
Oh yeah and any derby win if course.
It was 1992 when we stuffed the Aussies in Melbourne.
I have been a fan all my life due to my late Dad. In that time on reflection i have seen very very few bad games.
For me Rugby League is TGG without a doubt.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down