The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walesvs ireland grudge match

+31
dragonbreath
rodders
Marshes
Feckless Rogue
Taffineastbourne
quinsforever
maestegmafia
ME-109
slartibartfast
Gibson
Scratch
Jhamer25
kingjohn7
The Great Aukster
Notch
The Saint
Knowsit17
jimmyinthewell68
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
LordDowlais
asoreleftshoulder
bedfordwelsh
SecretFly
san
boomeranga
jelly
munkian
beshocked
GunsGerms
Blanko
Yoda
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Walesvs  ireland grudge match Empty Walesvs ireland grudge match

Post by Yoda Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:40 am

Its very refreshing as an England fan not being involved the grudge match of the 6 nations. With the players having a post match chat after the French game and the Irish and welsh wanting to smash each other, are we in danger of not being hated? I will be watching wales Ireland this weekend above all others could be a cracking game.  Very Happy 

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Walesvs  ireland grudge match Empty Re: Walesvs ireland grudge match

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:44 am

A grudge is temporary, hate is permanent  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:49 am

Just went out and chopped some daffodils.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanko Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:53 am

Is the grudge not against a New Zealander  Erm

Blanko

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:58 am

Thanks griff started to feel a little bit weird as thought you celts were starting to some love, it felt wrong. Still its nice being a neutral in a grudge match.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:00 am

Well accroding to that New Zealander the Welsh players dislike the Irish players the most out of any 6n team. The last 5 or 6 Ireland Wales games have been very very tasty but I reckon they probably get on quite well.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:03 am

Surely the game is being played in Ireland meaning it should be Ireland vs Wales?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:05 am

Thanks beshocked, what would we do without you?

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:06 am

Yoda wrote:Its very refreshing as an England fan not being involved the grudge match of the 6 nations. With the players having a post match chat after the French game and the Irish and welsh wanting to smash each other, are we in danger of not being hated? I will be watching wales Ireland this weekend above all others could be a cracking game.  Very Happy 

It just means we don't really care about you any more...which is worse !  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by jelly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:07 am

beshocked wrote:Surely the game is being played in Ireland meaning it should be Ireland vs Wales?

But remember it was posted by Yoda and correct sentence structuring renowned for he is not.

jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:11 am

Less hate more loathing now, wow England need to start getting under the skin of teams again, seems less fun these days. You've lost that hate feeling, whoa that hate feeling, you've lost that hate feeling now its gone gone gone whoa whoa whoa. Sorry couldn't resist.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:22 am

beshocked wrote:Surely the game is being played in Ireland meaning it should be Ireland vs Wales?

Not trying to tie beshocked into over-egging the the pudding, but I get very sensitive about that sort of stuff as well.  I don't like that I do, but I do.  You either have courtesy, or you are fart breath.  

Just my opinion.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by san Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:25 am

jelly wrote:beshocked wrote:
Surely the game is being played in Ireland meaning it should be Ireland vs Wales?

But remember it was posted by Yoda and correct sentence structuring renowned for he is not.

Love it  Very Happy

san

Back to top Go down

Post by san Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:41 am

Perhaps we could do the whole thread on a Star Wars theme?

I'll kick off:

In a stadium far from here
A titanic struggle will ensue
Between the forces of evil
coached by one Gatta the Hut
and the rebels led by Jedi master BOD

san

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:41 am

Oh God Jesus - will the Irish ever stop bleating about grudges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we go again, another thread about "Nobody loves us, especially that shaven headed paunchy fella Gatland!"

Get over it irish people, you're embarrassing yourselves. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:44 am

Can't see what the grudge is myself, they beat us fair and square last year didn't they. Oh hang its about that BOD fellow again is it ah i see.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

My grudge is with the ball boy...always and ever will be.  What age is that lad now, is he legally old enough to take a slap yet?  When he is, he'll hear his doorball ring.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:48 am

SecretFly wrote:My grudge is with the ball boy...always and ever will be.  What age is that lad now, is he legally old enough to take a slap yet?  When he is, he'll hear his doorball ring.

He must be approaching slapping age by now but Fly don't forget the Welsh assembly said its still ok to smack kids lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:52 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
SecretFly wrote:My grudge is with the ball boy...always and ever will be.  What age is that lad now, is he legally old enough to take a slap yet?  When he is, he'll hear his doorball ring.

He must be approaching slapping age by now but Fly don't forget the Welsh assembly said its still ok to smack kids lol

I was at that game, no one realised at the time it wasn't the right ball, I gave the big fat Munster feicer who'd been slagging me all game a kiss on the cheek when Mikey scored  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm

munkian wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

I was at that game, no one realised at the time it wasn't the right ball, I gave the big fat Munster feicer who'd been slagging me all game a kiss on the cheek when Mikey scored  Very Happy 

The Irish players did,still it was a putrid game of rugby one of the worst examples of the brainless kicking gameplan employed by Ireland over the last few years.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:26 pm

I realised and my first reaction was actually to laugh. What could you do? Audacious stuff under the eye of a ref and officials and yet, there you go, it happens in broad daylight and our goose is cooked. You could only laugh at the bizarre surrealism of it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:27 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
munkian wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

The Irish players did,still it was a putrid game of rugby one of the worst examples of the brainless kicking gameplan employed by Ireland over the last few years.

It was hard to tell from the stands, the Irish players seemed to question anything that didn't go their way  Wink
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:I realised and my first reaction was actually to laugh.  What could you do?  Audacious stuff under the eye of a ref and officials and yet, there you go, it happens in broad daylight and our goose is cooked.  You could only laugh at the bizarre surrealism of it.

I remember playing cards with my mates and we were always on the look out for one of us looking suspicious or actually cheating, in the end me and another friend were so fed up of all the sniping and arguing, we just cheated blatantly outright in front of everybody, we didn't even try to hide the fact we were cheating, we were swapping cards with each other in full view, but, because we were just acting normally nobody noticed, it got quite funny in the end, we were trying to be as obvious as we could but nobody seemed to notice, so it must be a case of, the more audacious you are and the more in plain sight you are, the less you are noticed. Whistle 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:12 pm

Marshall has been selected to play for Ulster tomorrow. So he is definitely out of the squad. Team anouncement at 1:20 I think.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:18 pm

LordDowlais wrote: so it must be a case of, the more audacious you are and the more in plain sight you are, the less you are noticed. Whistle 

The sad thing is that such a move can never be tried again (in a payback way Whistle )

You try that now, the opposition whine and the TMO is called upon to spot the ballboy.

Sad days indeed. The sport is becoming too sterile.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:19 pm

Ireland: R Kearney; A Trimble, B O’Driscoll, G D’Arcy, D Kearney; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross, D Toner, P O’Connell (capt.); P O’Mahony, C Henry, J Heaslip.

Replacements: S Cronin, J McGrath, M Moore, D Tuohy, T O’Donnell, I Boss, P Jackson, F McFadden.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:20 pm

No surprises there really.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:32 pm

No - no surprises. Still think that team is lacking a little in the attacking thrust department (backs -wise) but we'll see.
Our defining game of the season.

We need a big and brutal game against Wales, now will we be able to call upon it? If we can call upon the big games when we actually need them then we're on the way to finding a way past the lack of consistency that has plagued us.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm

I just hope the gob sh. Irish players don't keep telling the ref how to run the game,beside that may the best team win.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:43 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:I just hope the gob sh.  Irish players don't keep telling the ref how to run the game,beside that may the best team win.

Hmm - the gobshyte Irish players telling Barnes he's wrong usually means a red card for one or two of them... Nah, we'll let Barnes glide Wales smoothly through any hassles they are having with the proper rules of the game

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:46 pm

GRUDGEMENT DAY . Saturday the 8th .  Cool  Leprechaun  vs  Wales 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:49 pm

SecretFly wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:I just hope the gob sh.  Irish players don't keep telling the ref how to run the game,beside that may the best team win.

Hmm - the gobshyte Irish players telling Barnes he's wrong usually means a red card for one or two of them...  Nah, we'll let Barnes glide Wales smoothly through any hassles they are having with the proper rules of the game
barnes is awful I agree, but it won't be guarantee that wales get all his love.
But you can be sure he will favour one of the teams on the day , and the losing team will no doubt have plenty to hate Barnes for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:03 pm

I don't see this as a grudge match. The press and a couple of sociopaths still refusing to let go of the BOD-Lions saga shouldn't equate to antagonism between the scores of supporters from both sides genuinely looking forward to the game for positive reasons.

I still remember the early days of v2 when the build-up to this fixture wasn't being constantly disrupted by imbeciles. A time when Welsh and Irish fans could come together in mutual respect and when banter was received with enthusiasm and tremendous sportsmanship rather than interpreted as a slight and rebutted in a sickeningly anti-social manner.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:11 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:I don't see this as a grudge match. The press and a couple of sociopaths still refusing to let go of the BOD-Lions saga shouldn't equate to antagonism between the scores of supporters from both sides genuinely looking forward to the game for positive reasons.

I still remember the early days of v2 when the build-up to this fixture wasn't being constantly disrupted by imbeciles. A time when Welsh and Irish fans could come together in mutual respect and when banter was received with enthusiasm and tremendous sportsmanship rather than interpreted as a slight and rebutted in a sickeningly anti-social manner.
I disagree , yes the Irish used to get on with us welsh but it was only under the context of they had us where they wanted us on the score sheet, wales start putting them away consistently then Irish want a fight all the time,
A lot like the Irish don't boo the kicker unless it the opposing kick for the winning points, you see now they just selfish cry babies who are nervous the welsh might just turn up because they nearly got beat last year a welsh team that only play 12 minuets of rugby.#justsaying

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:17 pm

Well said Dave.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:20 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:I don't see this as a grudge match. The press and a couple of sociopaths still refusing to let go of the BOD-Lions saga shouldn't equate to antagonism between the scores of supporters from both sides genuinely looking forward to the game for positive reasons.

I disagree , yes the Irish used to get on with us welsh but it was only under the context of they had us where they wanted us on the score sheet, wales start putting them away consistently then Irish want a fight all the time,
A lot like the Irish don't boo the kicker unless it the opposing kick for the winning points, you see now they just selfish cry babies who are nervous the welsh might just turn up because they nearly got beat last year a welsh team that only play 12 minuets of rugby.#justsaying

????? New tablets? Read the packaging Dave. Three is probably too many at one time. Three per day, not three in the one go.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:21 pm

Lol another mouth with no backup,name and shame the posters you are accusing and quote them as proof otherwise keep your empty accusations to yourself,it's just a cowardly shot from a keyboard warrior.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:22 pm

Again, this nonsense of throwing around terms like "selfish cry babies" has to stop lads. It's immature, and its dragging the terms of the debate down and generally spoiling the atmosphere on the forum. It's also unprovoked; no matter what people may say on other forums or elsewhere, no one on here is being disrespectful towards the Welsh so far and therefore it's slightly baffling when you look at it in objective terms. This thread has started off with some enjoyable banter between fans of several different nations and then... this nonsense starts.

Now we have Irish posters reacting to this post, and that has to stop as well guys. Just ignore any posts you see in this vein and stop adding fuel to the fire.

Be nicer to each other so we don't have to use the big stick, just like we said going into the tournament;

https://www.606v2.com/t51368-rugby-announcement-behaviour-during-the-6ns
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

Ok notch,
Ireland fans I wish you well and may our teams put on a great display and may the best team win.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:29 pm

Agreed Notch

This piece by Ben Dirs (I kid you not..) is rubbish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26040258

Most of the comments think he's talking out of his hole too. Typical divide and conquer by the English  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm

Ben Dirs is notoriously unreliable and uninformed. When discussing France and whether teams have risen from 5th/6th one year to win the title the following year he reported France as finishing 5th in 2005 which is bollix as I clearly remember France finishing 2nd behind Wales that year. Is it too much to ask that those who purport to be the experts do some research before making glaringly false statements.

Dave, I in turn disagree with you. How you cannot see the irony in your post baffles me. You make general statements as if the whole of Ireland has it in for Wales which is just plain bigotry. And you, along with Saint and other numpties constantly harp on about the Irish obsession with the Lions last year without bringing to light a shred of proof to support your claims. In reality, most posters, including a vast majority of the Irish contingent, have moved on. It's you and a tiny minority who keep reviving it. Again, how can you not see this?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:42 pm

I remember the last game at the Aviva where Wales won, the one when Bradley Davis upended somebody and only got a yellow for it, the Irish poster on here Mrs P went on about it for ages, like a dog with a bone, in fairness, she was 100% spot on with what she was saying but by christ she kept on about it, I just hope that nothing along those lines happen again, for my own sanity even, but I do not hold out much hope with Wayne Barnes reffing, I just want a very bruising, very honest and most of all a very entertaining game where at the end we are not talking about the ref, oh yeh, and what I hope for most is a Welsh win. Wales 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:13 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I remember the last game at the Aviva where Wales won, the one when Bradley Davis upended somebody and only got a yellow for it, the Irish poster on here Mrs P went on about it for ages, like a dog with a bone, in fairness, she was 100% spot on with what she was saying but by christ she kept on about it, I just hope that nothing along those lines happen again, for my own sanity even, but I do not hold out much hope with Wayne Barnes reffing, I just want a very bruising, very honest and most of all a very entertaining game where at the end we are not talking about the ref, oh yeh, and what I hope for most is a Welsh win. Wales 

Even a good few Irish were dropping into that thread and asking "Is this still going on??" (and quite a handsome number of Welsh people were keeping the topic as alive as the Irish, as I recall Wink.  

But you must be sensitive to MrsP... she doesn't just go on about dangerous tackles for the sake of it.  She has an agenda that is based on her strong views on injuries that can be sustained in rugby by dangerous play - not just at Professional level but at school level.
So she gets very animated about particular topics but because of a firm belief that the subject must not be dragged under the carpet or made light of.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:21 pm

fair enough Fly. Ale 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:22 pm

Mrs P was also one of the ones to keep going on about BODgate in the build up to the final Lions test, except in that case she was wrong.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:30 pm

No, she was right on on that topic Saint. And thank for bringing it up one more time........ Whistle 

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 06 Feb 2014, 6:03 pm

Honestly, are people still going on about GatlandisanumptyfordroppingBOD gate? How much proof do they need!

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 6:04 pm

I think its just media and morons on forums that think of it as a grudge match. The players might do in the build up to get themselves extra hyped. Genuine fans will be looking forward to a great game and will look at it as a key game to win. Will be watching with my Irish mates, desperate for a win and bragging rights but good natured. I watched that game 2 years ago at some rugby club in Belfast, was only Welshmen there and thought I might have got lynched but everyone came up and congratulated me. Might have helped that the injustice came near the end and people were too drunk to notice.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 7:16 pm

This was interested. On current form I think Delme has got it spot on. Except giving BOD a 9, maybe an 8 aye
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/six-nations-2014-how-ireland-6679840

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu 06 Feb 2014, 7:41 pm

Not sure what everyone is getting their knickers in a twist for again.
I actually like the way the game has been amped up bY the sour grapes but really all the pre match pre amble is pre mature, it's just a sideshow to the blood and guts you will see saturday and at 80 minutes one way or another, the whole big steaming mess will get stirred up again and we will love it.
Ireland is Wales banana skin, if we let them railroad us in the first 20 then we are stuffed but if we can sustain that inevitable onslaught then i think we can sneak it as i think ireland will be all out of huff if it doesn't go their way early on.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next