The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Wales, 8th February 2014

+77
Seagultaf
maestegmafia
whocares
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
MrsP
Liam
Marshes
Hookisms and Hyperbole
thebandwagonsociety
Cyril
slartibartfast
GunsGerms
BlueMuff
dragonbreath
BigTrevsbigmac
ME-109
Taffineastbourne
SecretFly
tatterd
wolfball
Jhamer25
toml
kingjohn7
Artful_Dodger
profitius
Gretgael1
nganboy
bedfordwelsh
UlstermaninGlasgow
international197
Mr Bounce
brennomac
gavstar
jimmyinthewell68
Feckless Rogue
westisbest
overlordofthewest
Nematode
The Bachelor
samuraidragon
welshy824 (new)
JmD
Rory_Gallagher
Duty281
sheephead
Hood83
Taylorman
nathan
Poorfour
Metal Tiger
monty junior
nottins_again
sportform
Engine#4
kiakahaaotearoa
majesticimperialman
asoreleftshoulder
Scratch
mystiroakey
quinsforever
glamorganalun
Biltong
wrfc1980
nobbled
HammerofThunor
TJ
flyhalffactory
yappysnap
LeinsterFan4life
Scrumpy
Knowsit17
Pal Joey
Golden
Nachos Jones
tigertattie
rodders
Notch
81 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Ireland vs Wales, 8th February 2014 - Page 12 Empty Ireland vs Wales, 8th February 2014

Post by Notch Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

IRELAND: Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster); Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster), Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster), Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster), Dave Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster); Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro 92), Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster); Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster), Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster), Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster), Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster), Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) (capt), Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster), Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster), Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster).

Replacements: Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster), Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster), Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster), Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster), Tommy O'Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster), Isaac Boss (Terenure College/Leinster), Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster), Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster).

WALES: Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro 92), George North (Northampton Saints); Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro 92); Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Richard Hibbard (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Andrew Coombs (Newport Gwent Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro 92), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues) (capt), Toby Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), James Hook (Perpignan), Liam Williams (Scarlets).

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Assistant Referees: Glen Jackson (New Zealand), JP Doyle (England)
Television Match Official: Graham Hughes (England)

Leprechaun Wales 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales, 8th February 2014 - Page 12 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales, 8th February 2014

Post by SecretFly Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:40 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
SecretFly wrote:So will sides now expect and plan for rolling mauls from Ireland?

Maybe that's the plan Wink The best kind of gameplan is to have two ready.  If the team buys the first one and concentrates on stopping it, that's the foundation stone for instigating another one.  And if the team quickly adapts to the new one then back to the old one.  I can see Ireland developing into that kind of team with the opposition asking themselves "Do we put bodies in there and stop that or will that give them the space to do the other thing?"  It's almost coaxing the opposition to go all out in stopping the rolling maul.

i can't remember where but I read a good piece of analysis which theorised that JS tried to develop a strong maul at Leinster since teams were disrupting our ball illegally at the breakdown and he wanted to both discourage them and punish them.The theory being that if teams don't want to defend against rolling mauls they'll have to back off in the breakdown contest and thus allow us the quick ball that he loves.

Precisely. I think his (and his coaches) plans are long term all inclusive projects....and that we're only seeing individual aspects right now.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales, 8th February 2014 - Page 12 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales, 8th February 2014

Post by Notch Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Just saw something that was equally hilarious and pathetic on twitter. Mike Phillips responding to a member of One Direction discussing his temper tantrum at the end of Saturdays game by inviting him to 'come down to training in the week big boy'.

Because if he can't beat up an Ireland rugby player, he'll definitely beat up a pre-pubescent Irish popstar. I'm with Peter O'Mahony on this one...  Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:49 pm

SecretFly wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
SecretFly wrote:So will sides now expect and plan for rolling mauls from Ireland?

Maybe that's the plan Wink The best kind of gameplan is to have two ready.  If the team buys the first one and concentrates on stopping it, that's the foundation stone for instigating another one.  And if the team quickly adapts to the new one then back to the old one.  I can see Ireland developing into that kind of team with the opposition asking themselves "Do we put bodies in there and stop that or will that give them the space to do the other thing?"  It's almost coaxing the opposition to go all out in stopping the rolling maul.

i can't remember where but I read a good piece of analysis which theorised that JS tried to develop a strong maul at Leinster since teams were disrupting our ball illegally at the breakdown and he wanted to both discourage them and punish them.The theory being that if teams don't want to defend against rolling mauls they'll have to back off in the breakdown contest and thus allow us the quick ball that he loves.

Precisely.  I think his (and his coaches) plans are long term all inclusive projects....and that we're only seeing individual aspects right now.

Schmidt, the creator of free flowing, running, attacking rugby.  Sexy rugby.  He was Ruud Gullit without the fantastic hair.  Some Leinster fans when suggested he invented rugby, that he was a Timelord who went to the future and brought his style with him.  Yet yesterday Schmidt Munstered Wales.  He did a better job of Munsterising them than Declan Kidney.  And Declan Kidney invented Munster.  Well he didn't invent them.  He won it in a game of strip poker from Jack Lynch and Christy Ring in 1961.  Deccie only had his boxers left and Lynch had his full suit on.  Talk about a victory over the odds.  Its the Munster way.

Last edited by Hookisms and Hyperbole on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:04 pm

http://balls.ie/rugby/gif-liam-williams-elbow-on-paddy-jackson/

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:04 pm

You're right, Hook - Schmidt is actually a fraud... we all know Cheika is the real brains behind that almost win against the All Blacks.

The sooner he is exposed the better. Johnson for next Irish coach, and quick step about it IRFU!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Notch wrote:Just saw something that was equally hilarious and pathetic on twitter. Mike Phillips responding to a member of One Direction discussing his temper tantrum at the end of Saturdays game by inviting him to 'come down to training in the week big boy'.

Because if he can't beat up an Ireland rugby player, he'll definitely beat up a pre-pubescent Irish popstar. I'm with Peter O'Mahony on this one...  Smile

Laugh that's hilarious. Will that guy ever grow up?

I can remember being out after a Munster/ ospreys game a few years ago and watching Phillips running into the toilets while being chased by three bouncers. Never a dull moment with him.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:22 pm

quinsforever wrote:http://balls.ie/rugby/gif-liam-williams-elbow-on-paddy-jackson/

I still think it looks worse than it was and that he actually tried to pull out of the challenge.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Lol he wants to beat up a little skinny one direction runt. Oh my days.. How the great have fallen..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Just been looking at the stats - Metres run, passes, possession territory all very even - but Wales 16 pens, 18 turnovers and 16 missed tackles thats the telling stats

Ireland 16 defenders beaten, 5 clean breaks Wales 9 and 2.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Notch wrote:Just saw something that was equally hilarious and pathetic on twitter. Mike Phillips responding to a member of One Direction discussing his temper tantrum at the end of Saturdays game by inviting him to 'come down to training in the week big boy'.

It gets so much better Notch. Rob Kearney has just posted 'don't worry Niall I've got your back' in regard to that twitter exchange.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Smile 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:58 pm

No I think he should turn up with Cian Healey on his one shoulder and O'Connell on the other. That should shut him up. I hope that either one of the senior players (in the welsh team e.g Sam, Ryan, Gethin, Alyn Wyn) or coaches say something about this because it makes us look like sore losers and puts us in a bad light. I hope he goes back to metro and never returns after this championship myself.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:14 pm

quinsforever wrote:http://balls.ie/rugby/gif-liam-williams-elbow-on-paddy-jackson/

I think that proves the point that Liam Williams committed to the tackling of an already low Jackson but attempts to pull out by turning away from him..... but what you don't see is Williams immediately turning around concerned that he injured and apologising to the try scorer.... Quins I have never seen a poster just continually attempting to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Move on there is nothing for you here
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:17 pm

France look toothless in the first 15 minutes here, so could be a good game for wales to get back on track.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:23 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:

I think that proves the point that Liam Williams committed to the tackling of an already low Jackson but attempts to pull out by turning away from him..... but what you don't see is Williams immediately turning around concerned that he injured and apologising to the try scorer.... Quins I have never seen a poster just continually attempting to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Move on there is nothing for you here
don't be so patronising. who made you the arbiter of all things rugby? his elbow made contact with his head. that is extremely dangerous, whether he intended it (which its clear he did), felt sorry about it immediately afterwards (which he did) or it was completely accidental(which it clearly wasnt, happening so long after the ball was grounded).

you say williams was "committed to the tackling of an already low Jackson". Jackson has scored a try and grounded the ball, some time before williams hits him with his elbow. do players normally get tackled with the elbow who are already lying on the floor?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:32 pm

and fyi, liam williams has form. much as ian evans had form.

that he has form just confirms the intent.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Quins - no foul. Stop digging. Accidental contact after he pulls out of the challenge Flyhalffactory is right.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Golden wrote:France look toothless in the first 15 minutes here, so could be a good game for wales to get back on track.

They didn't look like a team last week against England...they're not looking much of a one today either. But still, they have an erratic dangerous element about them, that unstructured fury that still makes them a team to be very wary of, as ultra structured England found out to their cost.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:55 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Gatland said,
"We probably need to look at some individuals and give it a shake up.
"And we'll look to see if we need to do that or give those players we selected today an opportunity to redeem themselves."

What changes do you see coming in if any? If Wales were playing Scotland instead of France next you could make a case for changes at 1,3,6,7,9 & 10.

Roberts was dire yesterday (4 tackles, 3 missed tackles, and gets turned over twice) and North wasn't far behind him, (1 tackle, gets turned over once, and gives a penalty away) terrible defensive performance. Halfpenny had his worst performance for about two seasons.... 3 turnovers ffs!! Doh 

It comes to something when the massive welsh midfield makes just 8 tackles, misses 3 and gets turned over 3 times and the welsh half back makes  21 tackles missing just 1 and gets turned over just once. You mention 9 & 10 but at least they didn't make fundamental set piece errors and they had no platform to create the attacking movement.

Faletau yet again makes just 6 tackles and gets turned over 3 times, whilst losing a lineout. Defensively he never does the shift of his flankers Warburton (14/0 tackles) Lydiate (13/0)

Hibbard absolutely ineffective in the scrum and set piece, makes 7 tackles missing 3, and gets turned over 3 times, that is form to be dropped by.
Coombs fantastic in the lineout (6/0), but you cannot make 7 tackles and lose 3 of them, and you cannot get turned over twice and give away a pen and expect to be retained
And lets not talk about the collective rolling maul

It seemed to me the player who have moved out of Wales or about to move out, or there has been constant talk of their imminent move played the worst
Halfpenny
Roberts
Phillips
Hibbard
Adam Jones
Lydiate

I would select Biggar at 10, Hook at 13, bring Liam Williams in at 15
I would look at Samson Lee to come on the bench, I would change the front row

If the Welsh players minds are on the next big pay cheque and on pastures new then they should go there now and Gatland should bring on players who are concentrating on the Welsh jersey not their next three seasons
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Quins Im not necessarily saying your wrong but saying "some time" is harsh considering your watching it in slow mo, in real time its a split second.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:16 pm

quinsforever wrote:and fyi, liam williams has form. much as ian evans had form.

that he has form just confirms the intent.

That's the most ridiculous statement.

Sanjay is an aggressive player not a dirty player, yes he plays on the edge and gives it 100%, but you tell me where he was going to put his sliding body and arm..... use some sort of telekinesis to hover over him mid-flight maybe?. But you can see he immediately turned round and apologised, and after all the hand bags you can see him go up to Jackson and offer his apology. As one of our Irish friends said yesterday even Dricco has reacted in frustration

As Kingsjohn alludes to it was all happened in micro-seconds ,the slow motion just makes something out of nothing, and Jackson or BOD didn't make a fuss.

By the way this is a forum site, posters make a statement (opinion), posters can counter or add to it. You have mentioned the Williams incident time after time, I just said there is nothing here for you..... its just wasn't as bad as you are consistently attempting to make out.

Anyway to balance the force I thought Mike Brown had an awesome game yesterday, and what a nice fella and great interview where he gave all the credit to the England forwards and his fellow backs (and I had his autograph and Own Farrell after the game who is another nice guy)

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Things always look worse in replays, but i think Williams mighta meant to leave a mark, and regretted it immediately after (he defo went to Jackson and apologised in the melee, and turned and put his hand out as soon as hit jackson). As the ball is being grounded Williams seems to slow down and drop (you can see this in the tv angle) at a fairly unnatural angle to put his mark on Jackson. I don't think he meant to hit to injure, just a collision born out of frustration. It happens, fairly non-issue.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:14 pm

he clearly did it out of frustration, but contact with point of elbow first is extremely dangerous. end of.

claiming he only meant to dig the elbow into the ribs, but missed and hit the temple instead, does not meant there was no intent.

it's like rucking without looking which, as ian evans showed, can get you banned for 12 weeks if you make contact with the head.

people should stop making excuses for this. any impact to the head should be examined for foul play. a few millimetres different and he could have cracked an eye socket or broken a cheekbone. examples need to be made as this is potentially career ending anytime its to the head.

TJ, as someone who works in the medical profession i cant believe you think its just part of the game?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:16 pm

No Quins - I am certain its accidental and unintentional and that you are making far too much of it. No foul simple as - the other players agreed, the ref agreed

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:19 pm

i dont think the other players did agree. hence the afters. anyway we will see if it gets cited.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:44 pm

quinsforever wrote:claiming he only meant to dig the elbow into the ribs, but missed and hit the temple instead, does not meant there was no intent.

Why does this claim come from, I didn't catch the Liam Williams interview but would love to see the source of your statement.

Obviously you will not change your view that it is nothing more than happens every weekend on the rugby field..... I wonder if you would have made such an issue if the colour of the jersey was anything but red
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:13 pm

if the colour of the jersey was white with a rose on it i would still say citing and recommend a ban.

it's about striking the head. and sending a message that doing that to a player who has already scored a try, and would in no way be protecting or defending himself, will not be tolerated.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 pm

I come late to the party.

Was out all day yesterday. Hadn't seen the game. Had only heard the score, nothing else. When I returned MrP was giving me a quick summary of the game. He got as far as telling me about Scott Williams having to go off after a questionable tackle in which he injured himself more than the player he tackled. He told me he had been replaced by Liam Williams.

I immediately asked,

"So whose head did he try to remove today then?"

My view of LW from what I have seen is that he nearly always tries to take someone's head off in virtually every match. Granted it is usually from high tackles but he just always seems to be involved in that sort of stuff.

I don't think it was anywhere as close to accidental as some others here.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Yeah, Liam Williams is an annoying little... he's a hothead and while I don't think that was a red it was a definite yellow and should have been a penalty as a restart for Ireland.

He does indeed have form, not really damning him as such but it's something he'd be wise to try and excise from his game because it's only going to cause him problems.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:28 pm

thumbsup 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:30 pm

I think Liam Williams was wronged by Stuart Barnes about 18 minutes and 15 seconds into the match, when, IMO, he and Andrew Trimble both went for the same ball (about 50 minutes and 37 seconds into this video [linked below]).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03v2x9h/Six_Nations_Rugby_2014_Ireland_v_Wales/

Last edited by international197 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:32 pm

ah, so it's perfectly acceptable for him to drop an elbow on a defenceless jackson's temple in the 79th minute. gotcha.  picard 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:44 pm

international197 wrote:I think Liam Williams was wronged by Stuart Barnes about 18 minutes and 15 seconds into the match, when, IMO, he and Andrew Trimble both went for the same ball (about 50 minutes and 37 seconds into this video [linked below]).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03v2x9h/Six_Nations_Rugby_2014_Ireland_v_Wales/

Yep, watching that back again it does seem harsh. I'd nearly forgotten how good Trimble was in the air this weekend though- great take under pressure!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 pm

I think its really touching that Quins is so concerned about an Irish rugby players welfare and not just big business and ruining the game of rugby as we know it in the northern hemisphere. Just goes to show people have varied interests.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 pm

international197 wrote:I think Liam Williams was wronged by Stuart Barnes about 18 minutes and 15 seconds into the match, when, IMO, he and Andrew Trimble both went for the same ball (about 50 minutes and 37 seconds into this video [linked below]).

I want to know what a sky sports commentator said about him to inflame him so???

Headscratch

Last edited by MrsP on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:05 pm

ME-109 wrote:I think its really touching that Quins is so concerned about an Irish rugby players welfare and not just big business and ruiningimproving the game of rugby as we know it in the northern hemisphere. Just goes to show people have varied interests.
even if it had been you under liam williams elbow i still would have cried foul.

made the correction for you, no charge as usual.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:09 pm

quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:I think its really touching that Quins is so concerned about an Irish rugby players welfare and not just big business and ruining the game of rugby as we know it in the northern hemisphere. Just goes to show people have varied interests.
even if it had been you under liam williams elbow i still would have cried foul.

Cheers...preferred it in its original form...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 pm

ME-109 wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:I think its really touching that Quins is so concerned about an Irish rugby players welfare and not just big business and ruining the game of rugby as weI know it in the northern hemisphere. Just goes to show people have varied interests.

in which case, i have corrected it for you again.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:15 pm

quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:I think its really touching that Quins is so concerned about an Irish rugby players welfare and not just big business and ruining the game of rugby as the majority of people prefer it to be continued in its current form in the northern hemisphere. Just goes to show people have varied interests.

More accurate...

Cant you keep to the soccer/wendyball or even just keep it to the discussion with Fly/SinÉ so the rest of us can get on with discussing rugby rather than have the immature and obvious comments that you want to bring onto the 6ns international discussion threads....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:24 pm

ME-109 wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:I think its really touching that Quins is so concerned about an Irish rugby players welfare and not just big business and ruining the game of rugby as the majority of people prefer it to be continued in its current form in the northern hemisphere. Just goes to show people have varied interests.

More accurate...

Cant you keep to the soccer/wendyball or even just keep it to the discussion with Fly/SinÉ so the rest of us can get on with discussing rugby rather than have the immature and obvious comments that you want to bring onto the 6ns international discussion threads....
 laughing and who came in and attacked me for no reason?

i've forgotten more about international rugby than you will ever know so dont assume anything about my knowledge. Ask gibbo who the only person backing up his ire wal scoreline prediction was, and why.

Notch, please deal with this joker again before he starts likening me to nazis. Seems like he can't engage in any kind of discussion at all without getting ridiculously personal.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:26 pm

quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

More accurate...

laughing and who came in and attacked me for no reason?

i've forgotten more about international rugby than you will ever know so dont assume anything about my knowledge. Ask gibbo who the only person backing up his ire wal scoreline prediction was, and why.

Notch, please deal with this joker again before he starts likening me to nazis. Seems like he can't engage in any kind of discussion at all without getting ridiculously personal.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh begone little man

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:32 pm

I think Scott Williams's 'tackle' on Brian O'Driscoll about 11 minutes and 55 seconds into the match (about 43 minutes and 15 seconds into this video [linked below]) was just as bad, if not worse, than Liam Williams's foul on Paddy Jackson about 78 minutes and 15 seconds into the match (about 2 hours, 11 minutes and 53 seconds into this video [linked below]).

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Mike Philips is like a child throwing his toys out of the pram! his attitude is terrible, looks like a right arrogant idiot
— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) February 8, 2014

.@NiallOfficial come down to training in the week big boy. Bring the rest of The Beatles with you
— mike phillips (@mikephillips009) February 9, 2014

@mikephillips009 don't worry @NiallOfficial - I've got your back!!
— Rob Kearney (@KearneyRob) February 9, 2014

Where did it all go wrong ! Haha congrats on the win @NiallOfficial @KearneyRob pic.twitter.com/BG3PTH4rxV

Fair play to you but imagine how big you would be if you looked like this ! @NiallOfficial #£££ #banter pic.twitter.com/rI8A0LmCKe

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:01 am

i presume that's a fake mike philips account/pic? even he could be that much of a douche could he?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 am

just to go baaaaaaaack to tattered and griff, according to the experts on scrum 5 tonight, wales contested every lineout , except 2 !!!!!!!!, that's why the irish maul did so well. no-one changed that tactic, and we were being hammered by the mauls. no brain, no gain, only '''''''''money. ?????????????????????

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:57 am

I've had an epiphany over the weekend that we are going to lose at Twickenham but win our final 2 games and lift the trophy....keep it to yourselves though....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:21 am

quinsforever wrote:i presume that's a fake mike philips account/pic? even he could be that much of a douche could he?

looks real enough to me. some mild banter. nothing wrong with that.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:38 am

gavstar wrote:just to go baaaaaaaack to tattered and griff, according to the experts on scrum 5 tonight, wales contested every lineout , except 2 !!!!!!!!, that's why the irish maul did so well.    no-one changed that tactic, and we were being hammered by the mauls.  no brain, no gain, only '''''''''money. ?????????????????????

We certainly didn't! I watched the game and there were times when we didn't.

Our other problem with the lineout is how often we lose it on our own thrown. That means the opposition are happy to play for territory, kick it out, and stand a decent chance of winning the ball deep in our half. What an attacking weapon for the opposition!

The lineout is such an important part of the game and I feel we neglect it to a certain extent. We certainly don't seem to develop expertise in this area.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 am

Niall Horan getting involved in a sport he probably knows little about...he certainly doesn't know the passions involved and how Irish players have been known to break lose with the steam and fists too in the heat of battle.

Priceless stuff on Twitter...it's like an encyclopedia of idiots.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:53 am

whocares wrote:
quinsforever wrote:i presume that's a fake mike philips account/pic? even he could be that much of a douche could he?

looks real enough to me. some mild banter. nothing wrong with that.
yes the banter was fine. but if you cut and past the link for one of the pictures it's a mike philips glamour shot. hugely embarrassing if that was posted by him. cringeworthy.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next